Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Laura Ingraham mocks Meghan McCain for being "plus-sized"

Default Laura Ingraham mocks Meghan McCain for being "plus-sized"

Last night, Sen. John McCain’s (R-AZ) daughter, Meghan McCain, appeared on Rachel Maddow’s MSNBC show, where she continued to criticize Ann Coulter. On her radio show today, Laura Ingraham responded to McCain’s critique of far right conservatives, saying that she is “just another Valley Girl gone awry.” In a mocking faux-Valley Girl voice, Ingraham made fun of McCain’s body, joking that she didn’t get a “role in the Real World” because “they don’t like plus-sized models”:

MCCAIN (on MSNBC): And I think there’s an extreme on both parties and I hate extreme. I don’t understand. I have friends that are the most radically conservative and radically liberal people possibly ever and we all get along. We can find a middle ground.

INGRAHAM (mocking): Ok, I was really hoping that I was going to get that role in the Real World, but then I realized that, well, they don’t like plus-sized models. They only like the women who look a certain way. And on this 50th anniversary of Barbie, I really have something to say.

Listen here:

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z9zlHHqAxY4[/YOUTUBE]

In the past, McCain has said that she is “proud” of her body. Last summer, she told Glamour, “I got to a point where I was like, I just don’t care. You think I’m fat? Fine. I don’t care how much you weigh.”

Transcript:

INGRAHAM (mocking): Ok, Meghan. Do you think that anyone would be talking to you if you weren’t kind of cute and you weren’t the daughter of John McCain? Or do you just think that they would just think that you were just another Valley Girl gone awry?

MADDOW: You picked a fight with somebody who’s definitely going to fight back.

MCCAIN: Yeah. Well, if it was, you know, if it was too hot in the kitchen, I’d get out. I know what I’m doing and I know that I’m creating, she probably will respond, she already has, but I’m sure she’ll respond harder, but this dialogue should take place. It should. I think that you know, often times and I think it’s relevant because I am a Republican. I still consider myself a Republican and that’s why it’s relevant because I’m someone within the party.

INGRAHAM (mocking): How long before she totally totally abandons the Daily Beast and makes it official at the Huffington Post?

MCCAIN: And I think there’s an extreme on both parties and I hate extreme. I don’t understand. I have friends that are the most radically conservative and radically liberal people possibly ever and we all get along. We can find a middle ground.

INGRAHAM (mocking): Ok, I was really hoping that I was going to get that role in the Real World, but then I realized that, well, they don’t like plus-sized models. They only like the women who look a certain way. And on this 50th anniversary of Barbie, I really have something to say.
    Think Progress » Laura Ingraham mocks Meghan McCain as being ‘plus-sized.’

SVZ

Ingraham is NOT funny...

SVZ

Mccain obviously got under her skin, in a big way

I don't know who this Ingraham person is--Coulter Lite? I see that she's around the same age as Coulter and has the same bleached stick-insect look, so maybe someone young with something different to say is threatening to her.

Friend of Gossip Rocks! buttmunch's Avatar

Ingraham should take a long, hard look in the mirror before mocking anyone for their looks.
    'Those who sacrifice liberty for security deserve neither.' Ben Franklin

"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying the cross."
    --Sinclair Lewis

Why are most of the repug women..blond cunts?
    Baltimore O's ​Fan!

I don''t know if she really fucked the board though. Maybe just put the tip in. -Mrs. Dark

What a bitch.

She looks like Amber Frey (the chick Scott Petersen was fucking).
    My Posts Have Won Awards. Can Any Of You Claim The Same? -ur_next_ex

"I don't have pet peeves. I have major psychotic fucking hatreds, okay". ~George Carlin

Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by WhoAmI View Post
    I don't know who this Ingraham person is--Coulter Lite? I see that she's around the same age as Coulter and has the same bleached stick-insect look, so maybe someone young with something different to say is threatening to her.
    Laura is Coulter lite with only half the nastiness. And yes, Meghan has gotten under their skin.

I used to think that Ingraham was okay when I heard her commenting on news shows, but gradually I found out I didn't really know her at all. Now, she keeps sinking lower and lower.

Supposedly, when she was in college, she did something like sneak into gay and lesbian student meetings so that she could publicly out them, or something like that.

I would have cut her face off and forced her skinless face to eat it, while her lidless eyes bugged and bled.
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

Right. Because Ingraham is something to write home about.
    Tranny alert!

Quote Originally Posted by Grimmlok View Post
    I would have cut her face off and forced her skinless face to eat it, while her lidless eyes bugged and bled.
    Here you go, Grimmlok. Did you know about this?

She went to Dartmouth University and became the first female editor of the conservative Dartmouth Review, where conservative author Dinesh D'Souza, a former boyfriend, also worked. While there, she secretly sent a reporter with a tape recorder to a campus gay students association meeting; she then outed the students in print and sent tapes of the meetings to the students' parents. In the magazine she called association members "cheerleaders for latent campus sodomites." (In 1997, more than a decade later, she wrote an article in the Washington Post detailing how she had changed her views in light of her brother Curtis' coming out as gay.)

Quote Originally Posted by MohandasKGanja View Post
    Here you go, Grimmlok. Did you know about this?

She went to Dartmouth University and became the first female editor of the conservative Dartmouth Review, where conservative author Dinesh D'Souza, a former boyfriend, also worked. While there, she secretly sent a reporter with a tape recorder to a campus gay students association meeting; she then outed the students in print and sent tapes of the meetings to the students' parents. In the magazine she called association members "cheerleaders for latent campus sodomites." (In 1997, more than a decade later, she wrote an article in the Washington Post detailing how she had changed her views in light of her brother Curtis' coming out as gay.)
    Cunt..
    Baltimore O's ​Fan!

I don''t know if she really fucked the board though. Maybe just put the tip in. -Mrs. Dark

"cheerleaders for latent campus sodomites."

What an evil bitch.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information