Thread: Meghan McCain doesn't pretend to understand what she yaps about

Default Meghan McCain doesn't pretend to understand what she yaps about

Anyone know what Meghan McCain is promoting, now that she’s in the news and on the teevee shows and doing the Tina Brown monster website thing? Here are two clips from just the past 24 hours, and they’re bad, man, they are BAAAAAD… And yet so funny?

First, on the Rachel Maddow show last night. When asked to describe one economic position she holds — because she’s on teevee, you know, so she must have a lot to say about public policy from her informed perch as a gilded hobo — she says that she agrees with her father on wasteful Pork Spending. Oh did we mention that her famous father is Sen. John McCain?

Then Rachel Maddow — who, bless her soul, is a Rhodes Scholar and Oxford Ph.D. but still managed to sit through this interview with politeness and grace and mercy — asks if she agrees with her father on “the spending freeze.” Even if Meghan had never heard of this, it’s still pretty easy to bullshit for 30 seconds or so. You know, like… spending = giving currency in return for goods and services… freeze = one of Batman’s enemies… run with it… “Well, Rachel, I agree with my father — who is John McCain btw — that the Pelosi-Obama triumvirate should not give the money, dollars in this… this uhhh scenario to the things because then the Batman will lose thank you.” That would have been a perfectly fine answer by cable news standards. Instead, we just get a copout:

McCAIN: Spending freeze? You know, econ – economic things, I said this last night on Hannity, I said is my — I didn’t even take econ in college. I don’t completely understand it so I’d hate to make a comment one way or the other. That’s – truly of all the things – I keep reading and I just don’t understand it.

In the second part of this clip — which the Think Progress communists did not sequence as such by accident — Meghan goes on Fox & Friends and chides Nancy Pelosi for an economic package that does not even exist, and says it scares her when she reads about the Democrats on her dad’s Twitter, her dad being John McCain, the Senator from Arizona.

Think Progress » Meghan McCain: ‘I Just Don’t Understand’ The Economy, But I Think A Second Stimulus ‘Doesn’t Make Sense’

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UFd_TqAlEdA[/YOUTUBE]
    Wonkette : Meghan!

I like her for the most part. Doesnt sound like daddy is real pleased with her, but hopefully she will continue to be her own person and get more educated on the issues. I agree that the republic party just doesnt appeal to alot of the younger people, well people in general and she wants to see it become more moderate, which I think she means more relaxed on some things. Will be interesting to see what happens with her
    My grace is sufficient for you, for my my strength is made perfect in weakness...I love you dad!
    Rip Mom

i like how she has no idea about the economy on one channel but is then bitching about Pelosi and Obama about the economy on another.

stupid fake republiwhore.
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

It was disturbing to me how she put on an innocent, wide-eyed act in front of Rachel Maddow, making clear that she didn't even understand how to pronounce "economics", much less explain her thoughts about economic theory and then tried to pretend she knew what she was talking about on Fox. It seemed phony to me.

I was also disturbed by the difference in makeup on the shows: innocent little girl on Maddow and total ho-bag on Fox. What's up with that?

I did not watch the complete interviews on either channel--I wonder if they asked her about her Coulter views.

Friend of Gossip Rocks! buttmunch's Avatar

Pelosi-Obama triumvirate

Erm...is biumvirate a word? I think it takes three to make a triumvirate.
    'Those who sacrifice liberty for security deserve neither.' Ben Franklin

"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying the cross."
    --Sinclair Lewis

^She doesn't need facts, Butt!

I think Wonkette was pretending she said that to make fun of her.

Quote Originally Posted by buttmunch View Post
    Erm...is biumvirate a word? I think it takes three to make a triumvirate.
    I've never heard of 'biumvirate' before.... and yes, 'triumvirate' was used incorrectly, as you said, it takes an association of three!

It's hard to be too critical of Meghan McCain's grasp of the economy, when it is patently clear that NOBODY knows anything about the economy.

Quote Originally Posted by WhoAmI View Post
    I was also disturbed by the difference in makeup on the shows: innocent little girl on Maddow and total ho-bag on Fox. What's up with that?
    Fox sure does love their blonde, tarted-up spokeswhores. So I'm not surprised.
    Santa is an elitist mother fucker -- giving expensive shit to rich kids and nothing to poor kids.

Exchanging glances with the cunty bitches

I was embarrassed watching that clip. She clearly knows nothing about economics or politics, so she's in no position to talk about them on national television.
    Everyone is entitled to be stupid, but some abuse the privilege.

Thread Information