Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: RNC chairman says abortion is a "personal choice" and being gay is like "being black"

Exclamation RNC chairman says abortion is a "personal choice" and being gay is like "being black"

I kind of like this guy when he's being frank and honest. He's clearly not a Republican at heart. Kind of sad, really. Too bad it's probably going to get him fired. From Taegan:

In an interview with GQ, RNC Chairman Michael Steele made some statements that will likely be controversial with many of his Republican constituents.

On if women have the right to choose an abortion: "Yeah. I mean, again, I think that's an individual choice."

On whether homosexuality is a choice: "Oh, no. I don't think I've ever really subscribed to that view, that you can turn it on and off like a water tap. Um, you know, I think that there's a whole lot that goes into the makeup of an individual that, uh, you just can't simply say, oh, like, 'Tomorrow morning I'm gonna stop being gay.' It's like saying, 'Tomorrow morning I'm gonna stop being black.'"

Comparing being gay to being black? The religious right is going to FLIP. Well, they're already going to fire him over the abortion comment - the gay one is just icing on the cake.

AMERICAblog News| A great nation deserves the truth
    Wtf did we all just stumble into a parallel universe?!
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

Could there be a wee flicker of hope?
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

"But I am very poorly today & very stupid & I hate everybody & everything." -- Charles Darwin

I bet Flush Limpballs opens his yap first
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

Exchanging glances with the cunty bitches

Everyone is entitled to be stupid, but some abuse the privilege.

"But I am very poorly today & very stupid & I hate everybody & everything." -- Charles Darwin

No hope, he's out at the end of the month. He is laying ground work for when he runs for MD Governor..
    Baltimore O's ​Fan!

I don''t know if she really fucked the board though. Maybe just put the tip in. -Mrs. Dark

Oh please, too too too little too too too late. He's already a confirmed imbecile - this is his swan song before they toss his nuts to the curb.

Amazing! Simply amazing. I bet they'll probably replace him with Katon Dawson, the guy who belonged to a whites-only club until last year.

Quote Originally Posted by *DIVA! View Post
    No hope, he's out at the end of the month. He is laying ground work for when he runs for MD Governor..
    I'd buy that explanation.
    "Oh! I've been looking for a red suede pump!"
    - Marie (Carrie Fisher), When Harry Met Sally

Elite Member

Maybe he should move to Alaska and run for Governor there. We all know that you don't have to be smart or articulate to get that job.

It's like the Twilight Zone...

guess who just retracted his statements and did a 180 degree turnaround? LOL

RNC Chairman Michael Steele said today that despite telling an interviewer he supports "individual choice" and state-level decisions on abortion, he in fact opposes abortion and supports a Constitutional ban.

Steele said in a statement through an RNC spokesman:

I am pro-life, always have been, always will be.

I tried to present why I am pro life while recognizing that my mother had a "choice" before deciding to put me up for adoption. I thank her every day for supporting life. The strength of the pro life movement lies in choosing life and sharing the wisdom of that choice with those who face difficult circumstances. They did that for my mother and I am here today because they did. In my view Roe vs. Wade was wrongly decided and should be repealed. I realize that there are good people in our party who disagree with me on this issue.

But the Republican Party is and will continue to be the party of life. I support our platform and its call for a Human Life Amendment. It is important that we stand up for the defenseless and that we continue to work to change the hearts and minds of our fellow countrymen so that we can welcome all children and protect them under the law.

Steele has also been reaching out to anti-abortion leaders to damp down the controversy, a source said.

But Steele drew fire from activists Thursday morning for his remarks.

"I think it is very troubling for a public figure, of either party, particularly one who presents himself as pro-life, to describe the abortion issue as being a matter of 'individual choice,'" That is language straight out of Planned Parenthood's messaging playbook," said Charmaine Yoest, the president and CEO of Americans United for Life Action, who said she hadn't heard from the RNC. "There are millions of pro-life Americans, Republican and Democrat, who are looking for leadership on the life issue and they will find Mr. Steele's comments disturbing and demoralizing."

Another anti-abortion activist and sharp critic of President Barack Obama on the subject, Jill Stanek, was even blunter.

"Michael Steele has just unmistakably proclaimed himself to be pro-choice," she said in an email. "You thought he was 'embattled' last week over his Limbaugh comment? Ha. He has now stepped both feet into it."

UPDATE: Family Research Council President Tony Perkins emails, "I expressed my concerns to the chairman earlier this week about previous statements that were very similar in nature. He assured me as chairman his views did not matter and that he would be upholding and promoting the Party platform, which is very clear on these issues. It is very difficult to reconcile the GQ interview with the chairman's pledge."

Politics, Political News - POLITICO.com
    How the fuck can the Republican party be the "party of life" when it is also pro war, and does its best to kill hundreds of thousands, if not millions, every time they're in office? You know, people who are actually alive, leading independent lives, and being members of society?

What a fucking retard. Republicans = hypocrisy

p.s. what's with the women being such anti-choice nazis? If you dont want an abortion, then dont have one. Keep your nails off of other women, cunts.

Don't hold your breath, soon to come the "clarification" about his statements being "misquoted."

But the Republican Party is and will continue to be the party of life.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information