Thread: GOP leaders whine about Dems using Rush Limbaugh as a distraction

Default GOP leaders whine about Dems using Rush Limbaugh as a distraction

WASHINGTON (CNN) – House Republican leaders seem to be a little tired of all the chatter about conservative radio talk show host Rush Limbaugh.
    “The White House has created this big distraction,” House Minority Leader Rep. John Boehner said at a Capitol Hill press conference Wednesday about recent claims by Democrats that Limbaugh leads the Republican Party and is rooting for President Obama to fail. “So nobody will pay attention to what they’re doing in their budget. We shouldn’t be distracted. This budget calls for higher taxes and more spending.”
    “Political operatives in the White House are trying to divert attention away from the challenges facing our economy, the sinking stock market, and the irresponsible spending binge they are presiding over,” Boehner said in a separate news release Wednesday, titled ‘White House Attempting to Divert Attention from Economy and Its Fiscally-Irresponsible, Tax-Raising Budget.’ “This diversionary tactic will not create a single job or help a single family struggling in today’s economic crisis. That’s where our focus should be. President Obama has said we must change the way Washington operates in order to address the challenges we are facing. In the midst of a deepening recession, White House staff should have higher priorities than this cynical strategy.”
    Boehner’s sentiments were echoed by House Minority Whip Eric Cantor, who also said Wednesday that the political discourse needs to be focused on fixing the nation’s recessionary economy.
    “It is not about Rush Limbaugh. It’s not about Rahm Emanuel,” the Virginia Republican said. “This is about real impact on families across this country. Again, the stock market is not a tracking poll. It’s real money. . . .This is where the focus of discussion needs to be. This is where the American people expect us to be.”
    Cantor’s comment was a dig at President Obama’s recent comments about the economy. In a press conference Tuesday, the president said "the stock market is sort of like a tracking poll in politics. It bobs up and down day to day, and if you spend all your time worrying about that, then you're probably going to get the long-term strategy wrong.”
    The comments by Boehner and Cantor came as Democrats continued to highlight the GOP’s struggles to come out of the political wilderness and redefine itself. The Democratic Congressional Campaign Committee rolled out I'm Sorry Rush - Democratic Congressional Campaign Committee Wednesday. The Web site allows users to create an apology to Limbaugh on behalf of Rep. Phil Gingrey of Georgia; South Carolina Gov. Mark Sanford; or Republican National Committee Chairman Michael Steele.
    David Plouffe, who managed Obama’s presidential campaign, also penned an editorial in Wednesday’s Washington Post arguing that Limbaugh has become Republicans’ de facto leader.
    GOP leaders accuse Dems of using Limbaugh as a distraction
    I love how Republicans forget that a big reason we're in this economic mess is because of their failed policies. Or how most of them refused to support the stimulus, after Obama made so many concessions to them with tax cuts.

As for Limbaugh, they're the ones that bow down and kiss his ass at every turn, which makes him the de facto leader.

Yup, didn't the elected leader of the Repub party apologize to Gasbaugh for daring to criticize him? Good god, if your leader is bending over and spreading the cheeks wide, you should probably just accept you've lost control of your party.

They're running around like chickenhawks with their heads cut off.

LOL hilarious rebuttal

Our corporate media is in a tizzy today, accusing the White House of coordinating the entire media blow up over Rush Limbaugh this past week. Well, that's an interesting bit of fantasy. Let me dissect this for our friends in the media who are a tad too stupid and gullible for our own good.

1. So you mean, Barack Obama is behind GOP chair Michael Steele exploding the Limbaugh story in the news this past week by calling Limbaugh an ugly and incendiary entertainer. Wow, he is powerful, that Obama. Even controlling the head of the entire Republican party, and getting him to say something characteristically stupid. How does Obama do it?

2. And Barack Obama is behind Limbaugh publicly responding to Steele, suggesting that no one should donate to the Republican party, and suggesting that maybe Steele should just kill himself. Again, damn powerful, that all-knowing Oz.

3. Barack Obama is the reason the media, including FOX News, jumped on the Limbaugh-Steele feud and rode it for days. Please explain this one to me. How does it work? A reporter says to his editor, "Hey, did you see the head of the Republican party savaged Rush Limbaugh, right as he was speaking at the largest gathering of conservatives in the country, as their number one speaker, and then Limbaugh responded by suggesting that the head of the party kill himself." Your editor says, "not a story." You say, "Barack Obama?" Your editor says, "Oh my God, print it! But make sure you don't mention anything about Obama in the story because Obama is really the one behind the entire story!"

4. And apparently Barack Obama made Rush Limbaugh say, a good month ago, that he hopes Obama fails at trying to save the economy. You'll recall that this is the reason Rush has been in the news the past month. Obama is so all powerful, he somehow forced Limbaugh to say something stupid. Uh huh. Yeah, that was certainly an unexpected first for Limbaugh, saying something ugly and incendiary. Clearly, Obama was behind it all.

I suppose that Barack Obama was also behind my co-blogger Joe Sudbay and me suggesting to a number of our non-administration political friends this past week, in private, that we all ought to really jump on this Limbaugh story. Joe and I had this discussion many days before Rahm mentioned Limbaugh on the Sunday shows. (And let's not forget, Rahm mentioned Limbaugh AFTER Limbaugh and Steele started publicly savaging each other.) So was Obama secretly sending microwaves into our brains to get us to push the story?

Joe and I talk to this White House - a heck of a lot more than we talked to the last one. We've even had conference calls in the past few weeks with OMB Director Orszag and with VP Biden's top economic adviser. And during all these calls and communications no one once mentioned Rush Limbaugh. It just strikes me as a bit odd that the White House was supposedly behind the Limbaugh kerfuffle, yet no one shared this grand plan with the blogosphere, which is the perfect medium for exploding such a story. Odd isn't it?

And one final point.

Do you get what the Republicans are really doing here? In addition to their usual tactic of blaming us for things that they actually do, this is another trick they love to use. Blaming us for things that aren't bad things at all. Meaning, what the GOP, with the collusion of the media, is really saying is this: "Barack Obama is telling people the truth about Rush Limbaugh being kind of an idiot." And the media's response? "You mean, Obama told people the truth about what Rush Limbaugh said? Oh my God, how evil of the White House - stop the presses!" Next, the media incessantly pesters the administration, at press conferences, in made up stories, demanding the White House admit that someone there was behind an effort to simply reiterate what Rush Limbaugh actually said, as if somehow Limbaugh isn't a bad guy for saying the things he says, but everyone else is bad for spreading the news about what Limbaugh actually said. And the ultimate irony of this strategy, some of the very people Limbaugh attacked are TO BLAME for what Limbaugh said. Priceless.

So there you have it. Barack Obama single-handedly forced Michael Steele, the head of the Republican party, and Rush Limbaugh, the Republican party's star mouthpiece, to publicly savage each other, then he forced all of the major media to cover the story, even though it had nothing to do with Obama.

Maybe he truly is the magic negro.*

AMERICAblog News| A great nation deserves the truth
    LOLOL
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

Elite Member

Hey Republicans: It's your own fault that you are in this mess. Stop taking orders from and apologizing to the fat man.

Maybe he truly is the magic negro.*

Quote Originally Posted by kingcap72 View Post
    I love how Republicans forget that a big reason we're in this economic mess is because of their failed policies. Or how most of them refused to support the stimulus, after Obama made so many concessions to them with tax cuts.

As for Limbaugh, they're the ones that bow down and kiss his ass at every turn, which makes him the de facto leader.

Well said.

The Dems need to hammer this point home: the rethugs are the ones responsible for this. They aren't doing it strongly enough. Anytime a republican bitches, they should just say "Yeah, and you CAUSED THIS. So stop bitching now that we're trying to fix it"
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

Elite Member

I cant remember who said it, but it's quite acurate: After the Repulicans have driven the car of state into the ditch, they are now complaining about the size and cost of the tow truck neccessary to pull it out.

Amazing how they were not worried about W spending 3 Trillion on Iraq.

Thread Information