Thread: Michael Steele and Michelle Bachman display their stupidity at CPAC

Default Michael Steele and Michelle Bachman display their stupidity at CPAC

Steele's New GOP Message: "My Bad"; Bachmann To Steele: "You Be Da Man!"

By Eric Kleefeld - February 27, 2009, 9:11AM

Michael Steele sure has an interesting idea for how to rebrand the Republican Party: Loudly announcing at CPAC that they messed up, and pledging to do better now.

"Tonight, we tell America: we know the past, we know we did wrong. My bad," said Steele. "But we go forward in appreciation of the values that brought us to this point."

But Steele rejected the idea that the recent elections meant the ideological ground had shifted. "I am here tonight to reject the idea that defeats of the past are a repudiation of core conservative values and principles," he said. "Nor do I believe that those defeats are a sign of things to come."

And check out this latest development in Steele's campaign to create a hip-hop image for the GOP. Michele Bachmann praised Steele's speech: "Michael Steele! You be da man! You be da man."

And no, this is not from The Onion.

TPMDC | Talking Points Memo | Steele's New GOP Message: "My Bad"; Bachmann To Steele: "You Be Da Man!"

I am going to call them the Stupids from now on...
    Baltimore O's ​Fan!

I don''t know if she really fucked the board though. Maybe just put the tip in. -Mrs. Dark

*rubs temples*

Yes you fucked it ALL up. Have you learned anything though?

NO YOU FUCKING HAVEN'T.

Your stupid "ideals" and "ideology" are what caused it. Your entire way of life IS A FAILURE. Anytime you fucking touch something, it breaks, fails, or dies.

Your 'core principles' DO NOT WORK IN THE REAL WORLD. Fuck. Get a goddamned clue.
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

They think this is a minstrel show. Steele shouldn't even be saying my bad because he was nowhere around the leadership that caused it. He's going to take the fall and then completely blow off what the Republican party has done with a my bad. Insulting on many levels.

Yeah, sorry for almost an entire decade of fail. After the first year, you think they'd clue in. They're only sorry they got caught.
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

Michele Bachmann praised Steele's speech: "Michael Steele! You be da man! You be da man."

Quote Originally Posted by lurkur View Post
    They think this is a minstrel show. Steele shouldn't even be saying my bad because he was nowhere around the leadership that caused it. He's going to take the fall and then completely blow off what the Republican party has done with a my bad. Insulting on many levels.
    Well said. Steele is being set up as the fall guy, and I don't feel bad for him at all.

Thread Information