Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mormon freaks compare gays to Islamic terrorists, ship own kids to offshore gulags

Angry Mormon freaks compare gays to Islamic terrorists, ship own kids to offshore gulags

jesus these people are some kind of fucked up

There they go again. This time, it's a Mormon state senator in Utah who compared gays to Islamic terrorists, and who said that gays pose the greatest threat to the world today.

Sen. Chris Buttars considers the gay-rights movement -- nationally and in Utah -- "probably the greatest threat to America."

In an interview with documentary filmmaker Reed Cowan, released by KTVX Ch. 4 on Tuesday night, Buttars said the lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender (LGBT) community doesn't want "equality, they want superiority."

"It's the beginning of the end. Oh, it's worse than that. Sure. Sodom and Gomorrah was localized. This is worldwide," the West Jordan Republican said in the interview.

On Wednesday, gay-rights activist Jacob Whipple, founder of the All For One Initiative, called for Buttars' resignation from the Utah Senate, urging supporters of the LGBT community to e-mail Buttars and Senate President Michael Waddoups, R-Taylorsville.

"He basically labeled my community as virtually the devil incarnate," Whipple said. "I don't think that he represents Utah any more. Saying something so hurtful has no place on the hill."

Buttars also compared gay activists to Muslim terrorists.

Mind you, he isn't just some run-of-the-mill Mormon. He was important enough to be trusted with running what some call the Mormon version of a gulag. Oh, you haven't heard about those? I researched one for a feature story I was writing for TALK magazine right before September 11. I interviewed a young man who was in hiding after his Mormon parents had him kidnapped and sent to a Mormon "reeducation/work" camp for troubled kids. Yes, they were going to work and beat the gay out of him. Between the forced marches, the lack of food, the appalling living conditions - all meant to cure his homosexuality - and the multiple tropical diseases he came down with, he says they nearly killed him. (The kid told me that they shipped him off to another camp they run, out of the country, so that they wouldn't have to follow US child-protection laws- it's the Mormon version of extraordinary rendition, but applied to underage children. Oh let's do have a discussion about who has better morals and values - the gays, or the Mormons who torture children, that is when they're not trying to steal Anne Frank's soul.) I'll find my old notes and share some stories of exactly what this poor kid says the Mormons did to him.

It seems that our good Mormon senator ran one of these Mormon "tough love" camps before he went into the Utah Senate. The Mormons trusted him with straightening out their most troubled children - he's not just anybody.

The more we peel back the layers of the Mormon onion - such as their ongoing efforts to steal the souls of dead Jewish Holocaust victims - the more it's clear that Mormons ought to be the last ones judging others. But they arrogantly, and bullishly, invited the scrutiny - so now they're going to get it. In spades.

AMERICAblog News| A great nation deserves the truth
    Offshore gulags to escape child protection laws? Holy fuck. These people need to be put in front of a firing squad.
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

This shows utter contempt and total disregard of any child's welfare-not to mention personal happiness.
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

^ That's religious indoctrination for you.
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

Has anyone seen the documentary Jesus camp? I think it's about evangelists but I don't think there's that much difference. They scared the kids with god's punishment 'til they had them crying with fear. An older woman said, when talking about how some muslims raise their kids to hate the US, that the problem wasn't how they raised their kids, but that they had such a head start. Religious fanatics scare me, wherever they're from.

They should all be put on an island, away from sane society.

Whiskey. Tango. Foxtrot!!

This dude is seriously off his rocker, and the story about the camps has me seriously pissed off. I started thinking about Jonestown. Seriously. (Did anyone see that documentary on CNN about Jonestown? I couldn't even sleep after watching that)

I'm a Christian, but believe me, I'm no Charlie Church. Being the son of a pastor educated me in the ways of hypocritical ass church folk.

'church' and 'religion' on the whole are just political structures anyway. They have nothing to do with any sky fairy.

Quote Originally Posted by Grimmlok View Post
    'church' and 'religion' on the whole are just political structures anyway. They have nothing to do with any sky fairy.
    So true. Not to mention that some churches are nothing but fashion shows and concerts, but that's a discussion for another day!

Don't you be tarring all Christians or religious people with that brush. My parents & most of my friends are religious by varying degrees and not a single one would dream of treating their child-or anyone elses- like that. Unlike the "my way or die "fundies,they are decent loving people! Do not confuse the two,please. I know plenty with gay children who are just as prized & talked about -or bragged about a little-in a totally positive way.
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

Do you need a special building to pray to the sky fairy?

Do you need the rituals, the chicken bone tossing, the rain dances, the people who intercede (ostensibly for you) to the sky fairy? Do you need the social stratification that comes with it? If every church building and every religious ritual suddenly vanished, would your faith evaporate as easily?

I maintain again, CHURCH and RELIGION are artificial structures built up around FAITH.

They should all be put on an island, away from sane society.
    Just don't send them to Whore Island...I like my space and well... sanity (?) too.

Quote Originally Posted by hustle4alivin View Post
    Whiskey. Tango. Foxtrot!!

This dude is seriously off his rocker, and the story about the camps has me seriously pissed off. I started thinking about Jonestown. Seriously. (Did anyone see that documentary on CNN about Jonestown? I couldn't even sleep after watching that)
    I read a book about Jim Jones, he was psycho.

What a disgusting man.

I have not nor will ever understand... if you hate a group of people so much, why spend all your time TALKING about them?

Seriously, get a life.

Quote Originally Posted by cmmdee View Post
    What a disgusting man.

I have not nor will ever understand... if you hate a group of people so much, why spend all your time TALKING about them?

Seriously, get a life.
    Ask Ted Haggard...

Most of the most vicious homophobes I know of tend to be self-hating closet cases...

Buttars loses two panel posts, refuses to apologize

Anti-gay fallout Embattled lawmaker says he 'totally' disagrees with GOP leadership's action.

By Robert Gehrke
    The Salt Lake Tribune

Posted: 02/20/2009 01:18:20 PM MST

Utah Senate leaders ousted Sen. Chris Buttars on Friday from two committees that he heads in response to outrage and embarrassment from Buttars' anti-gay tirade to a documentary filmmaker.

"I want the citizens of Utah to know that the Utah Senate stands behind Senator Buttars right to speak, we stand behind him as one of our colleagues and his right to serve this state," said Senate President Michael Waddoups, R-Taylorsville. "He is a senator who represents the point of view of many of his constituents and many of ours. We agree with many of the things he said. . . . We stand four square behind his right [to say what he wants]."

Buttars, R-West Jordan, said he "totally" disagrees with his removal from the panel. In a statement he plans to post on the Senate's Web page, he said the action was an attempt to "shy away from controversy." And, he said, he would not apologize for his comments.

"I don't have anything to apologize for," he said.

"When it comes right down to it," Buttars said in his statement, "I would rather be censured for doing what I think is right, than be honored by my colleagues for bowing to the pressure of a special-interest group that has been allowed to act with impunity."

Senate Republicans held a "pointed" discussion of Buttars' actions in a closed-door caucus Thursday.

Waddoups said the decision was made to remove Buttars from the Senate Judiciary Committee, which he now chairs. By virtue of his position on that panel, Buttars also served on and led the Senate Judicial Confirmation Committee, and will lose his spot on that panel as well. Waddoups said the Judiciary Committee is the panel that has typically heard bills relating to gay and lesbian issues, and, by taking him off the position, he hopes to remove some of the personalities from the debate.

"It frees Senator Buttars to feel more at ease in saying how he personally feels without feeling as if he's personally speaking on behalf of his committee and the Legislature," Waddoups said.

Buttars chaired a Judiciary Committee hearing Friday morning and appeared to be in good spirits, smiling and joking. Waddoups said he met with Buttars and inquired about his health and state of mind.

Democratic leaders would not say if they were satisfied with the punishment meted out by Buttars' GOP colleagues, but said they were glad that they did something.

"As an elected official, certainly we're in the spotlight more than other people. We need to be extraordinarily careful about the things we say," said Senate Minority Leader Pat Jones, D-Holladay.

The Human Rights Campaign, the nation's largest lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender organization, on Friday joined the chorus that Buttars be reprimanded.

Salt Lake City resident Rebecca Huggins, who considers herself an ally of the lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender (LGBT) community, said Buttars' losing his chairmanship is "a start." She would like to see him "step up and resign."

"He is representing the state of Utah internationally right now," she said. "It is an embarrassment when he's spoken so unfairly, untruthfully and prejudicially."

Huggins lost a brother, who was gay, to suicide four years ago. "He cited in his note the prejudices of society," she said.

In an interview for a documentary film, Buttars called gays "the greatest threat to America" and likened them to Muslim radicals. He said homosexuals lack any morals and want special rights.

"It's the beginning of the end," Buttars said. "Oh, it's worse than that. Sure. Sodom and Gomorrah was localized. This is worldwide."

It is not the first time Buttars has made inflammatory statements that have subjected him to public scorn and drawn a rebuke from the Senate.

A year ago, he made comments on the Senate floor that were deemed racially insensitive during debate on a school-construction bill. He apologized for the remarks, but the NAACP called for his resignation. He refused and won re-election.

He also was removed as head of the Senate Judicial Confirmation Committee last year by then-Senate President John Valentine, R-Orem, after it was revealed that Buttars wrote a letter on Senate letterhead scolding a judge who had ruled against his friend.

Valentine lost his bid to be re-elected as Senate president partly because of frustration with the way the Buttars situation was handled.

Waddoups, who restored Buttars to the confirmation committee and gave him several other prime committee posts, initially said it would be "highly inappropriate" to take action against Buttars for expressing his personal opinion.

But the discontent in the Republican caucus, and threats from Democrats to publicly condemn Buttars on the Senate floor, forced Waddoups to act.

Ben McAdams, an adviser to Salt Lake City Mayor Ralph Becker, said he has had a couple of conversations with Sen. Curtis Bramble, R-Provo, about drafting legislation, after this session, that would offer some legal protections to gay and transgender Utahns, similar to the defeated bills in Equality Utah's Common Ground Initiative.

"We just expressed a mutual interest to find something we could work on," McAdams said, noting there are no specifics yet.
    Buttars loses two panel posts, refuses to apologize - Salt Lake Tribune

Again, he'd never get away with that shit if he was talking about jews or blacks. Fucking double standard. There would be NOBODY defending his stupid bigoted ass.

Oh, and fuck his "religion" too. Goddamned ponzi scheme for oversexed freaks porking retarded women.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information