Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Barack Obama sign vandalized

Default Barack Obama sign vandalized

'Obama' signs attract vandals and controversy - Bay News 9
    This sign is a couple of miles from my house. Its been up for quite a while now. Its on the property of a store simailar to Spencers gifts. It read "one Nation Under Obama" Someone with a paintball gun decided he didnt like it. So they messed it up. Then someone else changed Obama to God. And many are saying the sign causes Partisan division. Looks like the sign is coming down. What do you think? Are we One Nation Under Obama? Or does the owner really think its to "unite" people?

'Obama' signs attract vandals and controversy

Wednesday, February 18, 2009
    Post a comment | E-mail this story | Print

Heine said vandals have been painting over his sign...

PINELLAS COUNTY (Bay News 9) -- A sign with President Barack Obama's name is causing a stir.
    Randy Heine, the owner of Rockin' Cards and Gifts, put up signs on his property that read "One Nation Under Obama." He said he put the signs up on his property just before the inauguration. He said his goal is to "create unity."
    "I'm exercising my First Amendment rights to freedom of speech," he said. "If that incites them, too bad."
    Heine has put up surveillance cameras, a fence surrounding the area and a no-trespassing sign - all to protect his signs. But they don't seem to be working.
    More Information

Surveillance images shows someone shooting the signs with paintballs a few weeks ago.

Another video shows a pair of vandals jumping the fence Monday night and using paint to black out the word "Obama" and replace it with "God."
    Steve Kipple, who drives by the signs every day on his way to work, said he thinks they are "very offensive."
    "'One Nation Under Obama' - that's carefully chosen words by this partisan person to try to - not unite - like he said," Kipple said. "He's really, he's just dividing people."

...which normally looks like this.

Heine disagrees.
    "Obama is real. God is a concept, it's a word," he said. "I have the right to use the phrase as much as the Christians do."
    He is offering a $500 reward to catch the vandals.
    The signs may not last long anyway, as Heine is likely to be forced to take them down. Code enforcement officials said the owner can't have more than one free-standing sign on his property at a time.
    My grace is sufficient for you, for my my strength is made perfect in weakness...I love you dad!
    Rip Mom

Nutjobs have been defacing Obama signs since last year. Nothing new.

I'm tired of people (not GR members, I'm referring to people in general) making a huge deal out of every single Obama slight after 8 years of constantly and blatantly bashing President Bush in a way that was so disrespectful it was embarrassing. So someone vandalized a sign... big deal. Maybe it will take Obama down a few notches. I personally don't like the way that so many people, including Obama himself, liken him to God, and I think it's a little over the top.

Quote Originally Posted by southernbelle View Post
    I'm tired of people (not GR members, I'm referring to people in general) making a huge deal out of every single Obama slight after 8 years of constantly and blatantly bashing President Bush in a way that was so disrespectful it was embarrassing. So someone vandalized a sign... big deal. Maybe it will take Obama down a few notches. I personally don't like the way that so many people, including Obama himself, liken him to God, and I think it's a little over the top.

not sure why this is news.
    Basic rule of Gossip Rocks: Don't be a dick.Tati
    Lighten Up Francis WCG

God, you say... Well the Bible does say Jesus had hair like wool...
    Baltimore O's ​Fan!

I don''t know if she really fucked the board though. Maybe just put the tip in. -Mrs. Dark

I'm tired of people (not GR members, but people in general) defending
    "President" Bush after he abused us, his citizens, and millions around
    the world for 8 years.
    Warren Beatty: actor, director, writer, producer.

***** celeb

How anyone could come to that retard's defense is beyond me.

I don't think cameras and trespassing signs are enough. A few landmines will take care of the problem.

I'm tired of people (not GR members, I'm referring to people in general) making a huge deal out of every single Obama slight after 8 years of constantly and blatantly bashing President Bush in a way that was so disrespectful it was embarrassing.
    Bush earned it by destroying the American economy, killing a few hundred thousand people, and basically tearing up the constitution. He was also an intellectual moron who was a complete embarrassment. You'll note people didn't mock him when he first started? He had to work at getting that reaction from people, and boy did he work at it.

HE EARNED IT.

So really, comparing the two thus far seems pretty silly. When Obama goes off the deep end and manages to rack up a list of 'achievements' that hideous, you let me know.

So someone vandalized a sign... big deal. Maybe it will take Obama down a few notches. I personally don't like the way that so many people, including Obama himself, liken him to God, and I think it's a little over the top.
    How about when God told Bush to invade Iraq? Spoke to him, apparently. Doesn't that strike you as a bit.. off? Bush was hearing voices in his fucking head, apparently from God, telling him to invade another country illegally and set off a massive wave of butchery. A few hundred years ago, we'd call that person A MADMAN. Nowadays? Oh, he's just an evangelical communing with Jesus. Wtf EVER.

When the hell did Obama ever compare himself to god?
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

Quote Originally Posted by msdeb View Post
    not sure why this is news.
    Me either. It's not the first sign to ever be defaced and I am sure it won't be the last.

I don't see what the big deal is about the sign.

Now as for people bashing Bush... totally justified. Hahahaha.

This never gets old:

Quote Originally Posted by HWBL View Post
    I'm tired of people (not GR members, but people in general) defending
    "President" Bush after he abused us, his citizens, and millions around
    the world for 8 years.
    Speak it, sister.

This will always be one of my faves

I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

Elite Member

You're entitled to your opinion but frankly, Bush (and many others) will forever be worthless in my eyes for the Hurricane Katrina debacle alone. It's hard to respect someone who basically allowed their fellow American citizens to drown and be degraded while living in a piss-filled football stadium without life's basics.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information