Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Right-wing fundies rip down Prez Obama's picture in CO. airforce base on Prez Day

Question Right-wing fundies rip down Prez Obama's picture in CO. airforce base on Prez Day

Work has the article blocked, could someone repost it?

Daily Kos: State of the Nation
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

A photo of President Obama put up to celebrate the President's day at the Peterson Air Force Base Commissary was taken down after "customers complained"..
    President Barack Obama's picture was removed this week from a Presidents Day sign at the Peterson Air Force Base commissary after customers complained that the image did not fit the holiday commemorating the birthdays of past presidents George Washington and Abraham Lincoln.
    You would think hundreds of military personnel complained and that they reasonably objected to the photo of the "current" president being up instead of the photos of Washington and Lincoln. Or something like that. You would be wrong.

is that the whole article?
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

^ Yes. The rest is people speculating. I wasn't sure if you wanted that, but here it is:

First, how many people complained?
    They said four customers had complained that Presidents Day is to honor Washington and Lincoln, not Obama, causing the agency to remove the Obama image.
    So the objection was that Washington and Lincoln should be honored and not Obama? It had nothing to do with, let's see, how shall I put it?
    One customer, a military retiree, objected this year because of Obama's race, the cashier said.
    "He said they're not going to have no black man on the window where he shops," the cashier said.
    And, in the past, did they have other "current" presidents' photos up?
    A cashier at the commissary who did not want her name used said pictures of past presidents, including George W. Bush and Bill Clinton, have accompanied the Presidents Day closure sign.
    Of course you can't trust your lying memory, especially if there are military authorities there to set it right.
    The commissary agency disputed the cashier's story, saying no past presidents have had their picture displayed with the holiday message.
    Welcome to the post-racial America. Or something like that. If you are a veteran, perhaps the good folks at Peterson would like to hear from you about this. Here's a contact form.
    UPDATE: Some commenters want to know where Peterson AFB is. Its in Colorado Springs, CO

Tags: Presidents day, Barack Obama, Peterson Air Force Base, Racism, Recommended (all tags) :: Previous Tag Versions

disgusting

Give me a break. President's Day is usually meant for Washington & Lincoln, but it's expanded to include other Presidents, too. These idiots are still pissed that Obama's president.

isn't colorado springs a fundie haven? like how clearwater is to scienos?

I think so, even though Obama won Colorado. It's probably one of those counties that didn't vote for him.

dreaming about being on a lake in Ontario

It was once for Washington and Lincoln but has been expanded to include ALL the president's. If when Bush was prez and they put his pix up with L & W I would have no complaint. Of course they could have just put up a picture of a shrub too.
    If I can't be a good example, then let me be a horrible warning.

Just so you know, President's Day isn't the official name of the holiday to begin with.

tell that to my calendar

Colorado statue:

24-11-101. Legal holidays - effect. (1) The following days, viz: The first day of January, commonly called New Year's day; the third Monday in January, which shall be observed as the birthday of Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.; the third Monday in February, commonly called Washington-Lincoln day.

Washington's Birthday is the official name designated to what many of us know as President's Day.
    Presidents Day Federal Holiday

The ONLY reason it is called President's day is because it is either celebrated from Washington/Lincoln in some states, or Washington/Jefferson in other states. It has NOTHING AT ALL to do with current President's.

And I really don't care either way, but of course the NAACP is already rearing their ugly head and trying to call racism. That's another group that needs to do their research before speaking.

Grimm, burn your calendar and buy one that's accurate.

Elite Member

It's just so obviously racism - the whole War on Obama thing is a manifestation of racism. Never has there been such a thing as a War on a President! Not even effing Bush was treated that way.

My calendars always say "President's Day," too.

I was at lunch and this dude was on his cell phone the entire time loudly proclaiming how evil Obama is and that he can't believe people are drinking the Kool-Aid and that's going to make this country worse and he said, and I am not making this up...They can't appreciate all the good that George Bush did for this country. They want to run it into the ground. But that's the America we live in today.
    Obama is EVILLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL!

I just looked at him and thought to myself, Let me guess. You voted for Mccain? Hahaha

Hit By Ban Bus! AliceInWonderland's Avatar

well its a free country, let them do what they want no matter the dumbass reason...

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread Information