Thread: Bobby Jindal tapped to give highly-psychotic GOP response to Barack Obama

Default Bobby Jindal tapped to give highly-psychotic GOP response to Barack Obama

(CNN) – Louisiana Gov. Bobby Jindal is set to deliver the Republican response to Barack Obama's upcoming joint address to Congress — the high-profile slot the rival party often gives to one of its rising stars.
    “Gov. Jindal embodies what I have long said: the Republican Party must not be simply the party of 'opposition,' but the party of better solutions," House Minority Leader John Boehner said in a Wednesday statement.
    Jindal a former congressman and first term governor, was widely believed to be on then-Republican presidential nominee John McCain's shortlist for vice president, and often served as a campaign surrogate on the Arizona senator's behalf.
    The 37-year-old son of Indian immigrants was also given a prime-time speaking slot at the GOP convention last September, though he ultimately decided not to attend the four-day event as Hurricane Gustav headed for landfall in his state.

An Ivy League grad, Rhodes Scholar, and the first non-white governor of Louisana, Jindal has long been on the GOP's radar screen as a potential future leader and likely presidential candidate.
    "His stewardship of the state of Louisiana, dedication to reforming government, and commitment to bringing forth new and innovative ideas make him a leader not just within the Republican Party, but in our nation as a whole," Boehner also said of Jindal Wednesday.
    Jindal, who became governor of Louisania two years after Hurricane Katrina ravaged the state, has particularly drawn praise for spearheading the ongoing recovery efforts.
    Though he is often mentioned as a likely contender for the 2012 Republican presidential race, the Jindal has said his current focus is on winning reelection in 2011.
    The White House announced Tuesday Obama will deliver a speech to both houses of Congress February 24, the annual presidential address usually called The State of the Union.
    In 2008, Democrats tapped Kansas Gov. Kathleen Sebelius — then considered to be a possible VP candidate — to give the rebuttal to former President Bush's final state of the Union Address. Other Democrats who delivered responses to Bush's State of the Unions include Virginia Sen. Jim Webb, Virginia Gov. Tim Kaine, and former Washington Gov. Gary Locke, the nation’s first Chinese-American governor.
    The last Republican to deliver a response to a State of the Union Address was Maine Sen. Susan Collins in 2000.
    Jindal tapped to give high-profile GOP response to Obama
    I wonder if Jindal's head will spin around like Linda Blair's did in The Exorcist?

Oh here we go - Jindal/Palin in 2012. I can just see this.

Elite Member

I hope Obama verbally bitch slaps him in front of Congress.

This should be interesting.

Jindal is possibly crazier than Palin.

Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by RevellingInSane View Post
    This should be interesting.

Jindal is possibly crazier than Palin.
    But Jindall is 10 x smarter than anyone else the Republicans have, and 10000 x smarter than Palin.

Quote Originally Posted by visitor42 View Post
    But Jindall is 10 x smarter than anyone else the Republicans have, and 10000 x smarter than Palin.

But a MILLION times crazier thats what is scary- Palin is stupid and not as crazy.

This man is batty as a belfry. Match made in hell.
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

As much as I would love to see Palin/Jindal 2012, it's not going to happen. Some of those hardcore racist conservatives are not going to like the idea of any minority on the ticket, especially after four years of Obama in the White House.

Quote Originally Posted by visitor42 View Post
    He is most definitely a highly intelligent individual. Sadly, many geniuses are crazier than shithouse rats tweaking yay.

Jindal to me is a bigger threat than Palin. Palin reminds everyone each time she opens her mouth she is an idiot. This guy can play normal very well.

If I was up your ass you'd know where I am!

Jindal, being a visible minority with an immigrant background, will be able to push a conservative agenda without accusations of racism, xenophobia, etc. I can see where he may actually be a very popular choice.
    Only the good die young.........................
    bitches like me live forever!!!!!!!!!!!!

He's batshit to have enough crazy crap in his past to dredge up and mock. Witch doctors, for one.
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

So how is this guy crazier than Palin? I know next to nothing about him.

dreaming about being on a lake in Ontario

yeah, what? I've sem him a couple of times, he seemed O.K. so let;s hear it. Of course considering he's from Louisianna and those crazies voted in a "darkie" he must be really to the right.
    If I can't be a good example, then let me be a horrible warning.

Bobby Jindal, the 36-year old governor of Louisiana, is being taken seriously by the national press as a candidate on the shortlist to be John McCain's Vice President. No one doubts that he's a political prodigy -- his impressive resume includes stints as president of the state university system, a Congressman and now governor. But one of Jindal's job titles hasn't gotten much attention -- and it just might prompt a few questions if his Veep candidacy gains steam: Exorcist.
    As others noted during his 2003 and 2007 gubernatorial campaigns (see update), in an essay Jindal wrote in 1994 for the New Oxford Review, a serious right-wing Catholic journal, Jindal narrated a bizarre story of a personal encounter with a demon, in which he participated in an exorcism with a group of college friends. And not only did they cast out the supernatural spirit that had possessed his friend, Jindal wrote that he believes that their ritual may well have cured her cancer.
    TPM Election Central | Talking Points Memo | Is Bobby Jindal -- Who May Be On McCain's Veep Shortlist -- An Exorcist?

Theres more in this article but its pretty long - but it sums him up. He is articulate and smart but crazy.

Thread Information