Thread: Prez Obama needs to ditch his Clinton-era economic team of FAIL

Thumbs down Prez Obama needs to ditch his Clinton-era economic team of FAIL

I missed this CNBC-Roubini/Nassim Taleb exchange earlier in the week but it's well worth viewing for anyone who wants more insight into the problems we have both on Wall Street and in Washington. It's not possible to continue with the same old crowd and that absolutely includes the Obama economic team. They don't get it. They were part of the problem just like Clinton and his team were the problem (think Summers and Rubin) as were the Republicans. There's plenty of blame to go around on both sides of the isle though admittedly, the GOP pushed the hardest and took the largest gambles with the system.

The Wall Street apologists at CNBC are the same fools that we are listening to in Washington talk about tax cuts as the answer. Not. The. Answer. What else do they want? They got it all during the GOP Congress-Clinton years and then went into overdrive during Bush. This is not a problem to be solved with a bit of tinkering here and there. It's much bigger than that. Obama fell into the trap by hiring the Clinton team who don't get it either.

By watching this excellent exchange, you can see why we continue to be in this recession and what we're up against for getting out of it. The sooner Obama cuts his losses and gets a team that wasn't in the middle of the problem, the sooner we will move on, though don't expect that change any time soon, if at all in the next four years. In four years, the GOP will be pouncing on "tax cuts to move out of recession" theme once again and unless Obama delivers the change he promised, he is going to be a one-and-done.

AMERICAblog News| A great nation deserves the truth
    Bleh.
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

Hit By Ban Bus!

Amen, whatever happened to Change anyway?

Oh yeah its what I have left over from my dwindling paycheck!!!

Quote Originally Posted by baked_tater View Post
    Amen, whatever happened to Change anyway?

Oh yeah its what I have left over from my dwindling paycheck!!!

My God...Its called a BACKBONE!!!! Fuck the Republicans and what they think is right, lets once and for all GET THE FUCK OUT OF THIS MESS....

sorry... pms.

Tried to tell you all, but no one would listen.

Still better than Palin/McSame.
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

Quote Originally Posted by Sweetie View Post
    Tried to tell you all, but no one would listen.
    It's not that we didn't listen. It was something we already knew. Most of us anyway. He's not the first President I've voted for to do something I totally disagree with. I'm still mad at Clinton for Rwanda and welfare reform and a bunch of other things, but I'm still happy he was my President. It's bullshit that all politicians are the same. A lot of people fell for taht in 2000 and we ended up with Bush. Al Gore would not have been the same President as Bush. No way.

I disagree with this somewhat. If you will recall, Clinton ended his terms with a very large budget surplus, so his economic team obviously had something going for them.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

Elite Member

Repubs always try to pull that fiscal conservative mess:

Elite Member

Obama's been in office less than a month, and his 700-800 B stimulus package is about to pass. Given all of the other things he's had to do (like starting to clean up the messes Bush left), I'd say he's off to a strong start.

the concensus is that he's off to a very shaky start. The Rethugs basically kicked his ass all around and made him look weak and a neutered bill passed that won't be near large enough to affect any real change.

Its a shame our counrty is so divided, we must be the laughing stock. The real shame is the two choices we had to vote for, seems we should have been able to do better. With that said, they can take my stimulus check and keep it. I didnt want it the first time and I dont want it this time. Its going to be donated...What help did it do before? Natta
    My grace is sufficient for you, for my my strength is made perfect in weakness...I love you dad!
    Rip Mom

Frankly, the right side is the worst. Hell, at least Obama TRIED to work with them but they shut him down before he even brought over his suggestion.

Righty wing talk radio blares out lies and nonsense that the mouthbreathers believe

Limbaugh does his shtick that, anywhere else, would be laughed off the air.

I mean, people actually buy into that crap. It's ridiculous.

Thread Information