Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Federal Judge: Sarah Palin used her child (Trig) as a `prop'

Thumbs up Federal Judge: Sarah Palin used her child (Trig) as a `prop'

Judge: Palin used her child as a `prop'

(02/05/09 13:25:59)

A federal judge presiding over a case involving an autistic boy took a shot at former vice presidential candidate and Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin for bringing her Down syndrome child on stage after a debate last year.

U.S. District Judge Naomi Reice Buchwald made the remarks during a settlement conference with lawyers involved in a lawsuit against a luxury building in Manhattan. The parents of an 11-year-old boy are fighting a 25-pound limit on dogs, saying a big dog is medically necessary to help their son cope with Asperger's syndrome.

"That kid was used as a prop," the judge said. "And that to me as a parent blew my mind."

Such conferences are often held behind closed doors, but the remarks were overheard by a reporter for the New York Daily news.

Buchwald, 62, was appointed by former President Bill Clinton.

Judge: Palin used her child as a `prop': AP Alaska | adn.com

Why would he bring up Palin, or her child, when they have nothing to do with the case he's presiding over?
    Kinda tacky if you ask me.
    ...even if she did use her daughter's son as a prop.

They all use their children as props, including Obama.
    ><((((º>·. ¸¸. ·´¯`·.¸¸><((((º>><((((º>`·.¸¸.··´¯`·...¸><((((º>¸.·´¯`·.. ><((((º> `·.¸¸.·´¯`·...¸><((((º>

Yeah, but Obama doesn't start whining about how people are asking questions about his kids.
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

Give it time.
    ><((((º>·. ¸¸. ·´¯`·.¸¸><((((º>><((((º>`·.¸¸.··´¯`·...¸><((((º>¸.·´¯`·.. ><((((º> `·.¸¸.·´¯`·...¸><((((º>

Quote Originally Posted by Grimmlok View Post
    Yeah, but Obama doesn't start whining about how people are asking questions about his kids.
    And they aren't freaking infants who need to be shielded from crowds, loud noises, and disruption.
    Santa is an elitist mother fucker -- giving expensive shit to rich kids and nothing to poor kids.

Love all the excuses for Obama when he does the same thing. A prop is prop no matter the age.

Palin dragged Trig around to many more rallies than the Obama girls. Sasch & Malia only made appearances at key events like the DNC and election night. They weren't there at the debates, unlike Trig & Palin's other kids, because they were attending school.

They were still dragged around when they were needed. A prop is a prop is a prop... They all whored their kids out. If it's not right for one to do it, it's not right for all to do it.

That judge sounds like a monumental dumbass. I bet a lot of things blow her mind - like running water, on/off switches, and windshield wipers.

She not only dragged her flipperkid out for show, she dragged her knocked up slut of a daughter and her babydaddy too. I wonder how that marriage is going? Oh wait, they aren't.
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

Quote Originally Posted by Butterfly View Post
    They were still dragged around when they were needed. A prop is a prop is a prop... They all whored their kids out. If it's not right for one to do it, it's not right for all to do it.
    Bullshit. The Obama girls were in school during the fall. Piper Palin was not. She was dragged around by her mother to campaign events including being brought out for a hockey game opening so that her mother wouldn't be booed.

Quote Originally Posted by MohandasKGanja View Post
    That judge sounds like a monumental dumbass. I bet a lot of things blow her mind - like running water, on/off switches, and windshield wipers.
    Knee-jerk assumption. The context of the quote isn't given.

Elite Member

Default Re

Eh.

It sounds like Gov Palin's family situation had nothing to do with this case, and the judge's remarks were out of left field.

It is a good indicator, though, of how much hatred Palin inspires. If she ever made it to the presidential ticket, a lot of people would come out just to vote against her (including some Republicans).

I'll stand by what I said. They all use their kids as props. Because one whored out their kids less than the other doesn't make it any better.

Quote Originally Posted by Butterfly View Post
    Love all the excuses for Obama when he does the same thing. A prop is prop no matter the age.
    Of course Obama used his kids as props. But not to the point that Sarah 'I'm a hockey mom' Palin did. And one of Obama's kids wasn't a special needs child that he hauled around everywhere he went trying to gain sympathy.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread Information