Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Wall Streeters "can't live on $150,000 to $180,000 a year"

Angry Wall Streeters "can't live on $150,000 to $180,000 a year"

Wall Streeters "Can't Live on $150,000 to $180,000 a Year"

by: David Sirota

Mon Feb 02, 2009 at 12:00

Another snippet for the I Shit You Not File: In the New York Times, a head hunter for banks defends the $18 billion in taxpayer-subsidized bonus payouts to Wall Street executives and traders by insisting that those executives and traders can't be expected to live on $150,000 to $180,000 a year - I shit you not:
    "Without a doubt, $18 billion is a lot of money, but it's a drop in the bucket on Wall Street," said Gustavo Dolfino, president of the WhiteRock Group, a headhunter for the banks. "These bonuses are down, and the salaries are not enough for these people. They can't live on $150 to $180,000, so they haven't saved any money. They put it on credit lines and at bonus time, they thought they'd pay it off."
    The median household income in the United States is about $49,000, according to the U.S. Census Bureau - and that's for full, multi-person households. But Wall Street would have believe that individual executives and traders "can't live on $150,000 to $180,000 a year," and so the same taxpayers whose median household income is $49,000 a year must subsidize their bonuses.

Welcome to the kleptocracy.

Open Left:: Wall Streeters "Can't Live on $150,000 to $180,000 a Year"

Cry me a river. So they overspent and bought a lifestyle they couldn't afford on credit, these people are dreaming if they think anyone is going to feel sorry for their greedy asses.

Elite Member

Boo Hoo.

Friend of Gossip Rocks! buttmunch's Avatar

Hahhahaa...this is funny as hell because these numbnuts seem to actually think they're going to garner some sympathy with these kinds of statements. Keep 'em coming, morons.
    'Those who sacrifice liberty for security deserve neither.' Ben Franklin

"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying the cross."
    --Sinclair Lewis

Tell them to live in the real world for just five minutes and then we will talk other than that please shut up because I am to the point where I hope you lose everything jerks.
    Life is what happens to you
    While you're busy making other plans ~ John Lennon

i'm sorry, but i could survive quite well on 180 fucking thousand. I seem to manage on about 2/10th of that.
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

Quote Originally Posted by Grimmlok View Post
    i'm sorry, but i could survive quite well on 180 fucking thousand. I seem to manage on about 2/10th of that.
    ^^Ditto. Greedy bastards. Tell 'em to move their ass out of NYC and to the midwest where the cost of living is cheaper. I say this living in CA - cost of living ridiculous. Of course I don't live in Orange County or on the beach.

It doesn't really piss me off anymore when I hear this. I just want to laugh at them. Talk about taking your lifestyle for granted. Losers.
    Did you know that an anagram for "Conscious Uncoupling" is "Iconic Uncool Pus Guns"? - MohandasKGanja

I won't believe they can not live on it until I see it. So, until the obituaries are published, I call bullshit.

I have lived in a metropolitan area and I survived on much less. I lived comfortably, enjoyed recreation, had savings, and had no debt. What is their excuse?

If I was up your ass you'd know where I am!

Quote Originally Posted by Beeyotch View Post
    Cry me a river. So they overspent and bought a lifestyle they couldn't afford on credit, these people are dreaming if they think anyone is going to feel sorry for their greedy asses.
    And you KNOW those jerkoffs looked down their noses at 'ordinary' people making $40,000 a year who overexteneded and overspent and had to file bankruptcy..
    Only the good die young.........................
    bitches like me live forever!!!!!!!!!!!!

what is the price of rent there? where i am (Singapore) some of the houses in the city are $25k a month rent. The whole thing is so excessive.

Wednesday, Feb. 4, 2009 08:38 PST
    Only on Wall Street: A $500,000 salary limit is "draconian"

In response to the news that President Obama intends to cap salaries for employees of banks receiving significant government aid at $500,000, The New York Times provides us with this whopper:
    "That is pretty draconian -- $500,000 is not a lot of money, particularly if there is no bonus," said James F. Reda, founder and managing director of James F. Reda & Associates, a compensation consulting firm. "And you know these companies that are in trouble are not going to pay much of an annual dividend."
    Mr. Red might want to refresh his knowledge of ancient Greek history. The laws set down by Draco, author of the first constitution of Athens, were considered harsh (thus the word "draconian") for good reason. For example, as Wikipedia reminds us, "any debtor whose status was lower than that of his creditor was forced into slavery."

The hell with nationalization! If we hear any more backtalk from Wall-Streeters-with-their-hands-out on how half a million dollars is "not a lot of money" it will be high time to round 'em all up and sell 'em to the highest bidder.

How much would you pay for a Vikram Pandit, John Thain, or Ken Lewis?

― Andrew Leonard

Only on Wall Street: A $500,000 salary limit is "draconian" - How the World Works - Salon.com

they're out of their fucking minds.
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

I cannot believe the inflated sense of entitlement of these fuckers. WTF do they think they do that deserves that kinda money?

I foresee a huge shift in Wall Street. I'm sure everyone remembers when the Hollywood writers priced themselves out of the market and we all ended up with a decade of nothing but reality shows, I predict the same happens here. A new generation of brokers and bankers will accept this "pitiful compensation" of $150,00 and change the whole dynamic of Wall Street, hopefully for the better.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

Bronze Member

I live about 45 min outside of NYC, in an area where a lot of these Wall Street types reside, and although it's expensive to live here, I still manage fine on $50k. If I was making $150-180k in this area, I would be doing quite well.

Hit By Ban Bus!
    in north carolina for the next 2 years >.<

I make less than 20k lol. granted i have full benefits and am taken care of...but still. i dont even know what i would do with 180 thousand.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information