Thread: White House happy hour! President Obama having cocktails with lawmakers...nice

Default White House happy hour! President Obama having cocktails with lawmakers...nice

WASHINGTON - President Barack Obama has invited Republican and Democratic lawmakers for drinks at the White House as they consider his economic recovery bill that still faces opposition.

House to Vote on Stimulus Package

White House aides say about two dozen key members of Congress were invited to the Executive Mansion Wednesday evening. The guest list includes six House Democrats, six House Republicans and five senators from each party.

The event is expected to start after the House considers Obama's $825 billion economic recovery bill that he has championed virtually daily in his young presidency.

Obama went to Capitol Hill Tuesday to meet with Republicans, some of whom have called some parts of his plan "insane."

After meeting with leaders, he said the nation is at a "perilous moment" requiring swift and decisive action.

"We don't have a moment to spare," Obama said in the East Room of the White House, just hours before a crucial House roll call vote. The measure intended to steady the ricocheting economy was expected to pass, but likely with little of the bipartisan support that Obama wanted. The issue then goes to the Senate where the new president hopes to draw more GOP backing.

Obama tempered the sense of urgency in his voice with his observation that he and corporate leaders "left our meeting confident that we can still turn our economy around."

His brief remarks were designed to put his stamp on the debate while the action was taking place at the other end of Pennsylvania Avenue.

OBAMA TO HOST COCKTAIL PARTY FOR LAWMAKERS - New York Post

I like him more and more.....

Yeah, insane.. now it's insane. WHERE THE FUCK WERE YOU FOR THE LAST 8 YEARS!?

None of THAT was insane?
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

No booze in the White House (allegedly) for the last 8 yrs. NOW THATS INSANE.

Quote Originally Posted by LynnieD View Post
    No booze in the White House (allegedly) for the last 8 yrs. NOW THATS INSANE.

Yeah right and Paris Hilton is going into a nunnary and Mariah Carey will win an Oscar if that is true. I

A happy hour with Obama... what a treat

Thread Information