Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: No He Can't (by Anne Wortham)

Lightbulb No He Can't (by Anne Wortham)

Nice to see someone who'll lift your spirits up. My comments in red. Sorry, couldn't help myself.

No He Can't by Anne Wortham

Fellow Americans,

Please know: I am black; I grew up in the segregated South. I suppose this gives you more credibility, some background information. I did not vote for Barack Obama; I wrote in Ron Paul’s name as my choice for president. Oh good, a Paultard. Most importantly, I am not race conscious. Where are you going with this? I do not require a black president to know that I am a person of worth, We have had elected 43 presidents since the late 1700s . You act as if we've gone through this before. and that life is worth living. What the? I do not require a black president to love the ideal of America. WTF are you on about? You do know our people were enslaved for centuries...right? You know we didn't gain our civil rights until 40 years ago right? You point out to us that you're from the segregated South and you love the ideal of America?

I cannot join you in your celebration. Go eff yourself. I feel no elation. Heartless. There is no smile on my face. How did you feel when Dr. King died? I am not jumping with joy. You may need therapy for your lack of feelings. There are no tears of triumph in my eyes. Are you sure you're black? For such emotions and behavior to come from me, I would have to deny all that I know about the requirements of human flourishing and survival – all that I know about the history of the United States of America, all that I know about American race relations, and all that I know about Barack Obama as a politician. where is this sentence going? I would have to deny the nature of the "change" that Obama asserts has come to America. you are going no where with this... Most importantly, I would have to abnegate my certain understanding that you have chosen to sprint down the road to serfdom that we have been on for over a century. I would have to pretend that individual liberty has no value for the success of a human life. What is your point?

I would have to evade your rejection of the slender reed of capitalism on which your success and mine depend. I would have to think it somehow rational that 94 percent of the 12 million blacks in this country voted for a man because he looks like them 94% of Blacks voted for John Kerry, Al Gore, Bill Clinton, etc. Black people always vote Democratic. What bullshit. (that blacks are permitted to play the race card), Why is that anyone who wants to discuss race relations must be referred to using a "card"? Do people not want to talk about race so much that they have to dismiss it with something so juvenile and simplified as a "race card"? and that they were joined by self-declared "progressive" whites who voted for him because he doesn’t look like them. So where we're all these white people when Jesse Jackson ran in 1984 and 1988? Or Al Sharpton in last year's election? Or Alan Keyes who runs every year? And OF COUSRE, white people COULDN'T have voted for him because they thought he was the best candidate. I would have to be wipe my mind clean of all that I know about the kind of people who have advised and taught Barack Obama and will fill posts in his administration – political intellectuals like my former colleagues at the Harvard University’s Kennedy School of Government.

I would have to believe that "fairness" is equivalent of justice. I would have to believe that man who asks me to "go forward in a new spirit of service, in a new service of sacrifice" is speaking in my interest. I would have to accept the premise of a man that economic prosperity comes from the "bottom up," well evi-fucking-dently the "trickle" down policy didn't work now did it? and who arrogantly believes that he can will it into existence by the use of government force. how is that arrogant? I would have to admire a man who thinks the standard of living of the masses can be improved by destroying the most productive and the generators of wealth. The poor poor 1% of Americans. What shall they ever do?

Finally, Americans, I would have to erase from my consciousness the scene of 125,000 screaming, crying, cheering people in Grant Park, Chicago irrationally chanting "Yes We Can!" Go ahead, we don't need your depressed ass. Finally, I would have to wipe all memory of all the times I have heard politicians, pundits, journalists, editorialists, bloggers and intellectuals declare that capitalism is dead – and no one, including especially Alan Greenspan, objected to their assumption that the particular version of the anti-capitalistic mentality that they want to replace with their own version of anti-capitalism is anything remotely equivalent to capitalism.

So you have made history, Americans. And it feels good You and your children have elected a black man actually, he's biracial to the office of the president of the United States, the wounded giant of the world. The battle between John Wayne and Jane Fonda is over – and that Fonda won. Are you okay? Eugene McCarthy and George McGovern must be very happy men. Jimmie Carter, too. OK now you're trying to sound all belligerent. And the Kennedys have at last gotten their Kennedy look-a-like. I'd find Obama to be far more handsome myself. The self-righteous welfare statists in the suburbs can feel warm moments of satisfaction for having elected a black person. He's biracial.

So, toast yourselves: 60s countercultural radicals, 80s yuppies and 90s bourgeois bohemians . Toast yourselves, Black America. I'm black ya'll, and I'm black ya'll... Shout your glee Harvard, Princeton, Yale, Duke, Stanford, and Berkeley. You have elected not an individual who is qualified to be president, Care to explain to us in this depressing essay WHY he's not? You know, to support your claim? but a black man who, Will you EVER acknowledge that his mother was White? like the pragmatist Franklin Roosevelt, promises to – Do Something! Have you ever even bother to listen to Barack Obama? He's made his stances on several subjects quite clear since the primary debates... You now have someone who has picked up the baton of Lyndon Johnson’s Great Society. Awful, just awful. Desegregating the American public, just awful. What was he thinking? But you have also foolishly traded your freedom and mine – What's with this freedom shit? Is he part of Al Qaeda? what little there is left – for the chance to feel good. Are you implying that I lost my freedom because I wanted to "feel good"? Nasty perv. There is nothing in me that can share your happy obliviousness. Too bad, go moap around Paultard.

Anne Wortham [send her mail] is an individualist liberal who happens to be black and American. Because there's not many individualist black liberals!!
    Last edited by bychance; January 28th, 2009 at 01:11 PM.

Geezus.... she needs anti-depressant or something.
    Did you know that an anagram for "Conscious Uncoupling" is "Iconic Uncool Pus Guns"? - MohandasKGanja

Huh, I would have thought Condi had better writing skills than this.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

I would have to think it somehow rational that 94 percent of the 12 million blacks in this country voted for a man because he looks like them.

I guess she missed the part where the majority of votes Obama got were from white voters and that even if one black person didn't vote for him he still would've won.

Yes-let's rain on the parade.
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

Quote Originally Posted by greysfang View Post
    Huh, I would have thought Condi had better writing skills than this.
    Well, Condi was jubilant and proud of Obama when he won the election.

I think Al Sharpton wrote this.

Maybe Al got together with Rush Limbaugh to write this.
    Did you know that an anagram for "Conscious Uncoupling" is "Iconic Uncool Pus Guns"? - MohandasKGanja

Reeks of sour grapes.
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

Quote Originally Posted by McJag View Post
    Reeks of sour grapes.
    That's what I thought. And it goes deeper than Obama.

Quote Originally Posted by kingcap72 View Post
    That's what I thought. And it goes deeper than Obama.
    I agree. I think she has issues within herself.

Good to know the local high school emos are finally getting a say in something.

Friend of Gossip Rocks! buttmunch's Avatar

I wrote in Ron Paul’s name as my choice for president.

I swear I read that as Ru Paul.
    'Those who sacrifice liberty for security deserve neither.' Ben Franklin

"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying the cross."
    --Sinclair Lewis

Clarence Thomas, bitter much?

I don''t know if she really fucked the board though. Maybe just put the tip in. -Mrs. Dark

! That's who it is!^^^

Is this a white wannabe? What an insane rant! How dare the President ask
    you to actually give something back to society, how dare he interfere with
    your freedom to turn away and count your money that way. How dare he
    have the desire to make things more equal for all citizens. Idiot.
    And he's bi-racial, twat.
    Warren Beatty: actor, director, writer, producer.

***** celeb

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information