Thread: Sarah Palin State of the State speech: lose weight and kill more animals!

Default Sarah Palin State of the State speech: lose weight and kill more animals!

Excerpts from Palin's Alaskan State of the State Speech, January 22, 2008:

One of the great privileges given to me last year was the chance to be a witness for the truth that every child has value; to say to special needs children that they are beautiful and loved. And needed. We learn more from them than they from us. Across America, a great change is coming in public policy affecting these children, and Alaska can lead the way. This is a part of the culture of life where every child is cherished and protected.

In this chamber, we share a commitment to serious health-care reform. Weve learned from experience that all the answers do not come from Washington. When Congress turns to health-care reform this year, we look to our delegation to make the case for greater competition, more private sector choices, and less litigation in the health-care market. But were not going to wait. Here, reform can move forward without delay.

I look forward to working with you on adjustments to kids health insurance. Well fund more early screening for example, for autism because early detection makes all the difference. Well focus on preventing disease and promoting healthy living. Ill ask that physical education be incorporated into daily school schedules, too.

We have alarming levels of heart disease, diabetes, childhood obesity and all of these maladies are on the rise. Now, I wont stand here and lecture for very long but health care reform on an individual basis is often just this simple: we could save a lot of money, and a lot of grief, by making smarter choices.

It starts by ending destructive habits, and beginning healthy habits in eating and exercise. In my case, its hard to slack when you have the ever-present example of an Iron Dogger nearby. But many of us could use a little more time in our great outdoors and when you live in the Great Land, theres no excuse.

Protecting good health is largely a matter of personal responsibility, but government policy can help. Our new Alaska Health Care Commission will recommend changes that affect the well-being of Alaskans far into the future.

So, a healthier Alaska via personal responsibility, and subsisting more on our pure and plentiful Alaskan food sources! Its why we protect our waters and soils from pollutants, and its a reason we manage our wildlife for abundance.

To ensure this, weve successfully brought the Habitat Division back into Fish and Game, as I promised. Our biologists have protected game by eliminating predators from calving grounds and we'll further protect herds, some of which are at precariously low levels of abundance - thus ultimately promoting the population growth of every species.
    Blah, blah, blah. And also.

Alaska Politics Blog : The speech | adn.com

I'm scared because I actually agree with her thoughts on health....

Me, too . . . (Insert terrified face).

Quote Originally Posted by WhoAmI View Post
    Me, too . . . (Insert terrified face).
    OK

Quote Originally Posted by Quazar View Post
    I'm scared because I actually agree with her thoughts on health....
    Thank goodness I'm not alone! I thought maybe I had lost my mind.

It's an interesting tack for her to take--I see the "taking personal responsibility" thing as being very Obama-ish. Has she learned something from the election?

(Not that she takes any personal responsibility for her lies and ethics violations, but that's another thread . . .)

Well we all know she didn't write that herself. She probably didn't even see the final draft until she started reading it.
    Did you know that an anagram for "Conscious Uncoupling" is "Iconic Uncool Pus Guns"? - MohandasKGanja

So, a healthier Alaska via personal responsibility,
    Personal responsibility? Too bad Palin didn't take 'personal responsibility' for teaching her kids about sex education. Or take 'personal responsibility' for being a complete political moron instead of whining about the media 24/7.

Friend of Gossip Rocks! buttmunch's Avatar

Ok, she's right about the health thing but it's not like she's the first person to bring this up. The point is is she going to put her money where her big, fat, fucking mouth is? Meaning, is she going to release funds so kids can have proper phys ed? Is she going to make sure poor kids have access to health care? Or is she just mouthing platitudes with that big, fat, fucking gob of hers? Methinks it's the latter.
    'Those who sacrifice liberty for security deserve neither.' Ben Franklin

"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying the cross."
    --Sinclair Lewis

Phys Ed, Palin-style:

1. Take starving kids.
    2. Attach moose guts to hook.
    3. Drag across ice.
    4. Set children free to chase their dinner.
    5. Hover over children in helicopter with gun, to be sure they "participate" and "look happy, dammit".
    5. Film children and use for propaganda in Presidential Campaign.

Thread Information