Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Laura Bush says Bush is "anti-war"!

Talking Laura Bush says Bush is "anti-war"!

The United States' First Lady Laura Bush has told the BBC that the "war on terror" has made her job more challenging than she ever anticipated.
    "Obviously we didn't expect what happened on September 11th, we never expected we would be in a war, and that is very, very difficult," she said.

Mrs Bush, just back from Africa, made the comments during an interview with the BBC's Sir David Frost.

She also backed the US focus on sexual abstinence in its HIV/Aids relief work.

'Everyone is anti-war'

While her husband struggles in the polls, Mrs Bush's stock has scarcely been higher.

I remember during the Gulf War when President Bush, my husband's father, was president, and the very start of it when the body bags went over to Kuwait - and the whole worry of that, the whole gravity of that

Laura Bush

Such is her popularity that some have speculated that she might follow in the footsteps of her predecessor as First Lady, now-Senator Hillary Clinton, and seek elected office.

In a speech on Thursday President George W Bush said his wife would never run for office, and Mrs Bush confirmed it was "absolutely unlikely".

She also said that her friend, US Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice - who despite her denials is still being tipped as a potential 2008 presidential candidate - had "fully decided" not to run.

Mrs Bush spoke instead of the challenge of being a first lady in a country divided by the war in Iraq.

Mrs Bush has just returned from a visit to Liberia, Ghana and Nigeria

"I watched people that I love very much in this job - my mother-in-law and my father-in-law - and I had a real idea of the weight of it, the weight of the job.

"I remember during the Gulf War when President Bush, my husband's father, was president, and the very start of it when the body bags went over to Kuwait - and the whole worry of that, the whole gravity of that.

"The choices that a president makes, for instance, are so consequential, there are so many consequences - and so I knew that, even though that doesn't always help when you are in the midst of it yourself.

"Many people are very, very sincerely anti-war, everyone is anti-war, the president is anti-war, no-one wants war, but no-one wanted what happened on September 11 either."
    Correct me if I'm wrong (which won't happen cuz I'm not) but again, for the last fucking time you stupid bint:

WHAT DOES IRAQ HAVE TO DO WITH 9-11? OH RIGHT. NOTHING

NOT A FUCKING SINGLE THING. YOU LYING WHORE.

Thank you for your attention.
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

Silver Member

Default Re: Laura Bush says Bush is "anti-war"!

No friggin' kidding.

Well, it makes sense that he's against it now that he's LOSING.

Laura Bush looks increasingly lobotomized, IMO. She always has such an unhappy expression, poor thing.

She looks as though she takes an awful lot of some mood-altering drug, IMO. Lobotomized is an expression, as you well know. And yes, my sister is a librarian. I know all about the field.

When exactly was the last time Laura Bush held a job? Thought so. She's too busy propping up that joke she calls a husband. One thing is for sure -- she's a whole lot smarter than him. Must be why she takes the pills. I know I would.

Silver Member

Quote Originally Posted by pacific breeze
    She looks as though she takes an awful lot of some mood-altering drug, IMO. Lobotomized is an expression, as you well know. And yes, my sister is a librarian. I know all about the field.

When exactly was the last time Laura Bush held a job? Thought so. She's too busy propping up that joke she calls a husband. One thing is for sure -- she's a whole lot smarter than him. Must be why she takes the pills. I know I would.
    I think the whole point is for her NOT to work and to do PR stuff for her husband. And, did you see a copy of her prescriptions? What is she taking? Never saw that press release myself.

SVZ

"Mrs Bush" isn't going anywhere politically, she's said some of the dumbest, most racist things in quite some time, especially from a person in a high seat of publicity and power. And even if they were taken out of context, you better believe the opposition will warp it as far as it'll go.

If I was married to George Bush I sure as hell would! Bottles and bottles of them!

And no, I'm not smarter than my husband who happens to be something of a genius. Cambridge and Yale on a scholarship that he had to work for, not something daddy handed to him on a silver plate.

It doesn't bother me tho. There will always be people smarter than me and dumber than me. And you. So what?

Silver Member

Quote Originally Posted by SVZ
    "Mrs Bush" isn't going anywhere politically, she's said some of the dumbest, most racist things in quite some time, especially from a person in a high seat of publicity and power. And even if they were taken out of context, you better believe the opposition will warp it as far as it'll go.
    What has she said. Seriously, I don't know.

Quote Originally Posted by Mushy
    No wonder people wonder if there are 2 Pacific Breezes on here.
    Only one. And you're talking to her.

SVZ

Quote Originally Posted by Dracko
    What has she said. Seriously, I don't know.
    there were some quotes floating around during hurricane katrina....something about how black people were only touching the VCRs and DVD players floating by (and implying they weren't looting) because they'd never seen one.

Oh. That was Barbara Bush, Dubya's mother. I don't think Laura is allowed to talk much. She knows her place is behind her man.

SVZ

oh god, that whole family's dumb then!

Attacking the First Lady--calling her a whore & saying she is a drug addict?? How low can people go??
    A loving person lives in a loving world. A hostile person lives in a hostile world. Everyone you meet is your mirror. -Ken Keyes Jr.

Quote Originally Posted by Elise
    Attacking the First Lady--calling her a whore & saying she is a drug addict?? How low can people go??
    Who called her a drug addict? I said she looks like she's taking mood-altering drugs. About one-third of North Americans take them at one time or another. You've heard of the Betty Ford clinic? She was a First Lady with a pill problem. These people are not invincible and perfect just because they are Republicans.

As for how low can people go, I think you should be directing that question to the Bush family.

Quote Originally Posted by Mushy
    The survivors of Hurricane Katrina. Anyone care to comment upon what's going on with them?
    Guess it's up to you. There was a story on one of the networks recently about a woman whose money had run out, she had nothing, couldn't get a job -- the reporter and cameraman gave her and her kids grocery money. Don't know what she's up to now, but it probably isn't good.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information