Thread: Rick Sanchez obliterates Joe/Sam the fake plumber/tax cheat

Friend of Gossip Rocks! buttmunch's Avatar

Default Rick Sanchez obliterates Joe/Sam the fake plumber/tax cheat

Born in communist Cuba, Rick Sanchez knows a thing or two about media censorship. So when Joe the Plumber Middle East War Correspondent starts babbling on about how the media shouldn't be permitted to cover war, Rick goes off. Listen to Sanchez read Joe's gibberish as if he were a 2nd grader. Too funny.

CNN Transcripts:

Meanwhile, something else to take note of today. I want to share with you the thoughts of Samuel Wurzelbacher -- you know, "Joe the Plumber" -- now Joe the war correspondent. Yes, he's been in Israel filing reports.

And here's his analysis, as reported by the Associated Press. You're going to love this: "I don't think journalists should be anywhere around war. I mean you guys report where our troops are at. You report what's happening day to day. You make a big deal out of it. I think it's asinine. I think media should be abolished from, you know, reporting, war is hell."

There you have it.

Samuel, let me talk to you directly....

This isn't the first time Sanchez has squared off against Joe. See here for their first encounter.

Full transcript below the fold:

Meanwhile, something else to take note of today. I want to share with you the thoughts of Samuel Wurzelbacher -- you know, "Joe the Plumber" -- now Joe the war correspondent. Yes, he's been in Israel filing reports.

And here's his analysis, as reported by the Associated Press. You're going to love this: "I don't think journalists should be anywhere around war. I mean you guys report where our troops are at. You report what's happening day to day. You make a big deal out of it. I think it's asinine. I think media should be abolished from, you know, reporting, war is hell."

There you have it.

Samuel, let me talk to you directly....

First, I was born in a communist country, so I'm familiar with people like you -- and Fidel Castro, by the way -- not to name drop -- who also think "that media should be abolished."

Number two, I've covered wars. And while I can't speak for war correspondents who put their lives on the line every day, I can tell you, what they do is requisite -- essential to our democracy.

Whether you've insulted them is up to them to tell you.

But I will tell you who you have insulted. Forty-one journalists were killed last year -- two already killed this year -- while trying to practice their craft. They can't speak for themselves, because they're no longer with us, Samuel.

And their children, their wives and husbands, their fathers and mothers -- they don't have a TV show.

So on behalf of them, Sam, let's see, you're not really a licensed plumber. You're not really a war correspondent. And your name isn't even really Joe. I think we all do know, though, who you are.

You know that guy who lives down the street -- the guy who shows up at the backyard barbecue when there's free food?

You know that guy?

He knows everything about everything, but really knows nothing, hates everything and everybody. He can't understand why anybody would find any fault with him. You know, the obnoxious guy -- there's always one at every party or every gathering on every block. You know that guy. We all know that guy.

Well, that guy wasn't made famous by John McCain and Sarah Palin. You were, Sam. So we're stuck with you. But it doesn't mean that we can't call you out.

In fact, I just did.
    Crooks and Liars
    [YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9BE0rc2aZpc[/YOUTUBE] Love it love it love it live it love it. More people should be doing this to that moronic asshat.
    'Those who sacrifice liberty for security deserve neither.' Ben Franklin

"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying the cross."
    --Sinclair Lewis

Ooh, I never thought I'd see a bitch slap on CNN about Mr. Plumber. Thought only Olbermann would go there...

It's lovely, isn't it. His sarcasm and scorn was the best part. He practically sneered. I must practice my sneering.

"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying the cross."
    --Sinclair Lewis

I used to hate Rick Sanchez...changed me mind a bit.

I don't even know who he is but this has me impressed.

--Sinclair Lewis

Joe the fake war correspondent got slapped down by a REAL journalist. Imagine that.

I was expecting more, like really calling into question the hypocrisy of being a war correspondent then knocking them, and how restricting information is totalitarian
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

I don't usually like this guy but he is spot on here.
    on a side note does Sanchez where lipgloss?

Elite Member

I used to dislike him too, but his show is pretty good.

Sanchez can be quite obnoxious himself, but he's making valid points here.
    Warren Beatty: actor, director, writer, producer.

***** celeb

Thread Information