Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sarah Palin: Crazy, or crazy like a fox?

Default Sarah Palin: Crazy, or crazy like a fox?

Palin: Crazy or Crazy Like a Fox?

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-95wkCMeUkk&e[/youtube]

Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin's interview for a forthcoming documentary about the way in which she was covered during her bid for the vice presidency in 2008 has once again catapulted her into the middle of the national political conversation.

The nine-minute video clip -- first published on Andrew Breitbart's "Big Hollywood" site -- features a sympathetic interviewer in the form of conservative talk radio host John Ziegler and a politician with scores to settle.

"A lot of people are capitalizing on some exploiting that was done on me, my family and my administration," said Palin. "That is a bit perplexing but it also says a lot of about our society."

She suggested that comic Tina Fey's choice as entertainer of the year by the Associated Press was a prime example of that exploitation, and had harsh words for CBS Evening News anchor Katie Couric; "You are not the center of the universe," Palin scolded Couric.

Asked about the coverage Caroline Kennedy has received in the early days of her campaign for the seat of Hillary Rodham Clinton, Palin suggested that Kennedy had been treated kindly by the mainstream media (a characterization that Kennedy allies would dispute) compared to her own coverage as the vice presidential nominee. She attributed that difference in coverage to a "class" issue -- suggesting that Kennedy's affluence sat better with reporters than her middle class roots.

"There is so much hypocrisy in it all," Palin lamented -- more in sorrow than anger.

The interview, which has already been viewed more than 600,000 times on You Tube, drew massive amounts of attention -- primarily from Palin's critics on the left who took it as further evidence that she was/is simply unfit to even be considered for national office.
    "The whole thing is amazing to watch," wrote one poster on the Daily Kos blog. "She lives in alternate reality. It's very funny, yet very scary."

Others, like the Post's own Ruth Marcus, shot holes through Palin's suggestions about the double standards in the media coverage between her and Kennedy.

Writes Marcus:

"The difference is not one of party but of position. It's not a 'class issue,' as Palin put it in her interview , but a job issue: vice president vs. senator. If Barack Obama had tapped Kennedy to be his vice-presidential nominee, I would have been howling about her unfitness, not getting all misty-eyed about the cute little girl on her pony."

And yet, despite that quite legitimate criticism, we continue to believe that there is a certain level of strategy and savvy in Palin's ongoing jihad against the media, the left and the affluent.

We know from polling that among conservative Republicans -- the group most likely to agree wholeheartedly with Palin's assessment of the media and of the outsized power of the wealthy -- the Alaska governor remains extremely popular.

And, it just so happens that conservative Republicans tend to be the ones who have the strongest say in the choice of the party's presidential nominee every four years.

The more Palin can cement the idea that she is the populist voice that many Republicans have been waiting for ever since Ronald Reagan left office in 1988, the more likely it is she will retain her popularity among the rank and file of the party and be in a strong position should she decide to run for president in 2012.

Interviews like this one -- and the subsequent publicity surrounding it -- do just that. In a leaderless party, Palin is making sure her voice is heard loud and clear, and that the following she built in 2008 (and whether you like it or not, she did build a following) stays loyal to her. That loyalty will be critical if and when she decides to seek the presidency in three years time.

Palin: Crazy or Crazy Like a Fox? - The Fix

Nobody cares wtf you queef out your face. Piss off.
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

Bronze Member

Um, what?

Dumb like a stump.
    My Posts Have Won Awards. Can Any Of You Claim The Same? -ur_next_ex

"I don't have pet peeves. I have major psychotic fucking hatreds, okay". ~George Carlin

Bronze Member

I will second the Dumb like a Stump evaluation.

So.....she kept the boots.
    Baltimore O's ​Fan!

I don''t know if she really fucked the board though. Maybe just put the tip in. -Mrs. Dark

Crazy. No fox involvement.
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

She has animal-like cunning. Her problem is that she doesn't realize people can see right through it.

Palin is as crazy as a rabid wolf being shot from a helicopter.

She called Trig "this child", what a bitch! Who calls their own child "this"...Momma grizzly, bullshit!

Friend of Gossip Rocks! buttmunch's Avatar

Yeah, I noticed that as well. This child, as opposed to heathen, is an odd way to talk about 'your' kid.
    'Those who sacrifice liberty for security deserve neither.' Ben Franklin

"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying the cross."
    --Sinclair Lewis

Crazy and dumb 4 EVAH!

Quote Originally Posted by B.C. View Post
    She called Trig "this child", what a bitch! Who calls their own child "this"...Momma grizzly, bullshit!
    Quote Originally Posted by buttmunch View Post
    Yeah, I noticed that as well. This child, as opposed to heathen, is an odd way to talk about 'your' kid.
    I noticed that, too. To me, that says Trig did not come from her womb.
    "Oh! I've been looking for a red suede pump!"
    - Marie (Carrie Fisher), When Harry Met Sally

^ yes, that term speaks volumes...not a very endearing term for your own infant. She isn't a momma grizzly, she just likes to bitch people out/puff herself up about her kids...it's not that she cares about them.

Crazy. The eleventh commandment specifically refers to Palin, i.e. 'Thou shalt not kid thyself'. Cray-zee, sans animal, vegetable or mineral.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information