Thread: How long will John McCain mope?

Friend of Gossip Rocks! buttmunch's Avatar

Default How long will John McCain mope?

John McCain looked every bit the seething, uncomfortable vanquished rival in that first, awkward post-election press conference on those enormous chairs. It sounds like he's kind of still that way.

The defeated Republican presidential nominee won't be doing any press or TV interviews for "at least several more weeks," his people tell Politico. And he's clearly still angry at former running mate Sarah Palin, for going ROGUE:

He especially wants to avoid discussions about his relationship with Palin, whose nomination as McCain’s running mate was either the best or worst thing that happened to his campaign, depending on who you talk to.

McCain is legislatively "back" — Politico reports he delivered some words to the press on his new anti- earmarks legislation with old across-the-aisle-friend Russ Feingold - - but he's not ready to flex the power he still retains as a prominent, senior leader within a fractured and broken party. Which probably is for the best: His campaign encapsulated many of the flaws shredding the Republican Party from within right now.

But McCain plans to spend at least another eight years in the senate. He's in a safe seat. He has clout. And he's saying things like this:

During a GOP-senators retreat this week at the Library of Congress, McCain told his colleagues that Republicans need to reach out more to diverse groups, rather than just relying on Christian conservatives, if they want to regain majority status, according to sources who attended the event.

The ex-fighter pilot has some room to maneuver toward the end of his career. He could spend a career's worth of political altitude on worse things than a broader Republican party.Politics: How Long Will McCain Mope?
    I'd love it if he came out swinging at Palin. I think he will....eventually. He's too vindictive to not do it.
    'Those who sacrifice liberty for security deserve neither.' Ben Franklin

"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying the cross."
    --Sinclair Lewis

Yea it's great to watch this train wreck and watch them go at it like caged animals.

John just get over it you never had a chance in the first place, then you went and signed on Mrs. Moose idiot and that was that.
    Life is what happens to you
    While you're busy making other plans ~ John Lennon

I'll give McCain credit, I'm sure he's pissed about losing, but he's not running around CONSTANTLY whining like Palin is.

That's cause he's a man. When they don't get their way they just shut down and turn into stone. Unless they're able to go out and punch or kill something.
    My Posts Have Won Awards. Can Any Of You Claim The Same? -ur_next_ex

"I don't have pet peeves. I have major psychotic fucking hatreds, okay". ~George Carlin

^^ Yeah, we do tend to do that. Unless you're T.O., and then you cry and stomp your feet like a kid at Toys R Us.

McCain is politically astute and while I'm sure he is seething inside, he knows it is best for his career to move on. Either that or one day he will just go ballistic when he can't take it anymore. He does have that anger issue...

oh john, you're old. nobody cares what you say anymore anyway. Go off on her. You know you want to. You've earned it.

*snicker*
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

Elite Member

Default Re

I think he is politically astute and knows that he needs to keep his mouth shut. With all the ugly finger-pointing and under-bus-throwing in the final days of his campaign, he has come out of it looking better than SP as well as most of his staff, by not participating.

But I'd love to be a fly on the wall when he shares his private thoughts on the whole thing. I bet that is some good shit.

Friend of Gossip Rocks! buttmunch's Avatar

or one day he will just go ballistic when he can't take it anymore. He does have that anger issue...
    That's what I'm counting on. He's going to blow one day and all sorts of people are going to be in the line of fire, with Palin number one on his hit list. Can not wait.
    'Those who sacrifice liberty for security deserve neither.' Ben Franklin

"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying the cross."
    --Sinclair Lewis

Palin, again, is going to be the reason McCain loses it. His temper, not an election this time.

He's just holding his animosity in because this would be a bad time for him to erupt.

I don't think McCain has seemed particularly angry or seething lately. He actually has said some pretty supportive stuff of Obama. Moreover, when he talked about Palin, he said that she would be a player for years to come.

I think he meant 'be in the news due to her own vast, limitless stupidity'
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

Bronze Member

After all the idiot things that happened on his campaign, I don't think anyone can say that John McCain is politically astute.

Thread Information