Thread: Brian Bond picked for deputy director of the Office of Public Liaison & LGBT issues

Default Brian Bond picked for deputy director of the Office of Public Liaison & LGBT issues

Former Victory Fund executive director to serve as deputy director of the White House Office of Public Liaison

The Advocate has reported that President-elect Barack Obama selected former Gay & Lesbian Victory Fund executive director Brian Bond to serve as the deputy director of the White House Office of the Public Liaison. Bond led the organization from 1997 to 2003. In his role with the administration, Bond will have managerial and strategic responsibilities for the entire Public Liaison office as well as function as the point person on LGBT issues.

“Brian Bond is a true champion for LGBT Americans. His service to his country and this community, both at the Victory Fund and in the Democratic Party, will now continue in the White House. I congratulate Brian and President-elect Obama on this outstanding appointment,” said Chuck Wolfe, president and CEO of the Victory Fund.

Bob Witeck, CEO of Witeck-Combs Communications, told The Advocate that Bond’s experience at the Victory Fund helped prepare him for the job.

“Its mission is really to make our elected and appointed officials better policy people,” Witeck said. “So that connection — from his role at the Victory Fund into the realm of the Democratic Party and ultimately the White House — is to translate those skills into getting and keeping openly LGBT political leaders and policy makers in positions where they can do the most good.”

Bond was recommended for a White House position by the Gay & Lesbian Leadership Institute’s Presidential Appointments Project.

GayPolitics.com » Former Victory Fund executive director to serve as deputy director of the White House Office of Public Liaison

.... aaaaand he gets a position that means absolutely nothing.

You know those gays, they just LOVE to plan things. WHo's Obama's florist?
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

I didn't even know there was such a thing. Wow.

Thread Information