Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Two resignations from Sarah Palin's office in 24 hours?

Default Two resignations from Sarah Palin's office in 24 hours?

Fresh from the “very reliable” section of the rumor mill…

Rumor has it that there have been not one but TWO resignations from the Governor’s office in the last 24 hours.

Kelly Goode, Palin’s Legislative Liaison resigned yesterday, just 10 days before the start of the legislative session. Scratching head. This is pretty big news, and will mean that whoever replaces her will be Palin’s fourth Legislative Liason in a little over two years. Goode has extensive experience in legislative affairs, so maybe a new job offer? Or maybe something else.

Also, Janice Mason, long-time scheduler and executive secretery, submitted her resignation on the same day. Mason is one of those infamous bunch of state employees who were subpoenaed by the Legislature in the Troopergate investigation. And yes, she didn’t show up. And no, there have been no consequences yet.

So that means two members of Palin’s “inner sanctum” have headed for the hills less than two weeks before the start of session. We raise our collective eyebrow, and anxiously await further developments.
    I wonder if some new scandal is about to break that people are running from? (Yes, I know my hatred of her is becoming unhealthy--I promise to improve for the New Year! Soon! I promise!)

The Mudflats » Major Resignations in Palin’s Office

^^I think you're right about a new scandal getting ready to break. Like Keith Olbermann said, she's like a salad bar of neverending scandals.

Hit By Ban Bus!

So has Bristol's baby arrived, or not?

I would run from her too. But I do think something is about to break.
    Life is what happens to you
    While you're busy making other plans ~ John Lennon

** Runs out to buy more popcorn**...

Maybe one of Palin's affairs is about to speak out.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

Quote Originally Posted by Sasha View Post
    So has Bristol's baby arrived, or not?
    Yup.

The Palin baby has been born
    Posted from my fucking iPhone

Quote Originally Posted by Shinola View Post
    Allegedly. As an Alaskan blogger wrote today:
    I have asked EVERYBODY. And NOBODY has seen this baby. NOBODY. Not in Anchorage, not in Wasilla, not anywhere. NOWHERE and NOBODY!

Now if you were trying to dispel the persistent rumor that your daughter is the real mother of Trig Palin, wouldn't you get pictures of newborn Trip Palin out to the media as fast as humanly possible to demonstrate that Bristol simply could not have given birth to both children because their births would only be 8 months apart?

And yeah I know it is still POSSIBLE, but not nearly as likely. Don't you agree?

I mean it just does not make any sense! And yet I am not surprised.
    Quote Originally Posted by WhoAmI View Post
    I wonder if some new scandal is about to break that people are running from? (Yes, I know my hatred of her is becoming unhealthy--I promise to improve for the New Year! Soon! I promise!)

The Mudflats » Major Resignations in Palin’s Office
    So you're going to stop in 2010? Works for me. Two resignations on the same day is not good. One doesn't set off alarm bells. But two? Can't help but think something is going on. And one of them was Palin's fourth legislative liaison?!?! She's only been governor for two years!! That means she's gone through two a year.

I read in another Alaskan blog, written by a former Alaskan legislator, that Palin's office is having trouble coming up with a list of accomplishments for 2008 since the State of the State address is less than two weeks away (January 20).
    AGIA, ethics reform, increasing oil taxes...she claimed credit for all of those during last years state of the state. In fact one source told me yesterday that in this year's accomplishments sent out to employees, the administration listed the Santa visits to rural Alaska as an accomplishment.
    In fact, I wonder if these two Palin staffers are resigning because Palin's office is preparing to basically give away a power plant to a company the state sued to be reimbursed for yet has never seen a dime. Perhaps this is the upcoming scandal?
    Healy Clean Coal: Rewarding cheats and con men

After twenty years of screwing both the State of Alaska and the US Department of Energy over a clean coal plant that they wanted built in the first place, it looks as if the Palin administration is on the verge of allowing Golden Valley Electric Association to screw the state one more time.

According to sources, the Palin administration is reportedly close to a deal that would have AIDEA, the state's economic development arm, basically give away the $300 million clean coal plant completed in 1999 to GVEA, the very same utility which backed out of paying for the plant and cheated the state out of tens of millions.

Over the last eighteen years, GVEA has used one excuse after another in refusing to accept responsibility and management for a plant that they were hoping to get for free at taxpayers expense. Instead, over the last ten years the plant has been sitting idle, with GVEA putting up roadblocks in front of AIDEA's attempts to utilize the asset.

Finally in November of 2005, the Murkowski administration had enough of GVEA's stalling tactics and filed legal action.

But then along comes Palin and after stacking the board with her cronies, is now proposing to let GVEA be rewarded after screwing the state for the last twenty years, for her own political gain.
    Funny, if GVEA were Exxon, something tells me this wouldn't be happening.
    Whats worse is when you look at the cast of characters involved in this giveaway of a state asset, you can't help but be alarmed.

Since Governor Palin has come into office she has replaced the head of AIDEA with a fellow Wasilla crony and planted her resident babysitter and former administrative problem child, Ivy Frye, at AIDEA. Inside sources confirm she seldom attends work, preferring to hang out in the Governor’s suite.
    But the biggest red flags are those who have something to gain with the GVEA giveaway.
    In March, Palin appointed Steve Haagenson as the head of the Alaska Energy Authority and as the State Energy Czar.
    So what was Haagenson's prior job?

He was CEO of Golden Valley Electric Association (GVEA).
    In his brief stint as State Energy Czar, lawmakers have complained that he has totally botched the renewable energy grant program and has so far failed to deliver the statewide energy plan on December 17 as he promised a week earlier while speaking to the Anchorage Chamber of Commerce.

Sources say the delay in releasing the energy plan was due to criticism about the plan Haagenson described to Chamber members on December 8, wasn't a plan at all, it was simply a menu of options. The delay was necessary in order for AIDEA to rush this giveaway of the coal plant through to try and add substance to a weak energy plan and to provide cheerleading material for Palin's state of the state speech.

Multiple sources confirm that Department of Revenue Commissioner Pat Galvin, who is an AIDEA Board member, and Fairbanks Representative Mike Kelly have engineered a sweetheart deal giving away the HCCP to GVEA.

According to my sources, Kelly has long promised to right this situation and resolve the issue in favor of GVEA.
    So what was Kelly's former job before he landed in the legislature?

Like Haagenson, Kelly is a former CEO of Golden Valley Electric Association (GVEA).
    HCCP was built by AIDEA for GVEA in a deal when Kelly was CEO of GVEA. The HCCP cost AIDEA $300 million to construct and after years of GVEA refusing to accept the plant or pay for it, it has been written down on the AIDEA books in 2002 to some calculation around $180 million. In the 2005 lawsuit filed under the Murkowski administration, the state was suing GVEA for $167 million in damages.

So because Kelly was CEO during the time the coal plant was being built for GVEA, he has had this albatross hanging around his neck for the last decade. It has long been rumored that Kelly and the GVEA Board are still working to save face over a deal gone wrong years ago with the state now picking up the tab.

Galvin and Kelly’s deal basically gives HCCP to GVEA. Cost will be $50 million, with 100% long term financing at 5% interest by AIDEA. AIDEA immediately pays $45 million in “restart” costs. That means the state nets out $5 million while GVEA gets a plant that will provide a profitable long term revenue stream.

Documents obtained by a legislator explicitly confirm reports from an outside source that Galvin and Kelly have told the GVEA board and management that the deal must be done “before Mike Chenault takes over as Speaker of the House," on January 19,2009.
    Why the rush to get this deal done so fast?
    One reason is that Chenault represents the Kenai Peninsula where Homer Electric Association already has an offer on the table of $85 million to purchase the plant from AIDEA.

Sources outside the legislature have alleged that Rep/ Kelly used his position as Budget Subcommittee Chairman for DCCED with administrative authority over AIDEA to obtain confidential information about the HEC offer that he took to an executive session of the GVEA Board.

There are rumors that Kelly counseled GVEA Board against negotiating or agreeing to any HCCP settlement plan until he derailed the HEC proposal and put the fix in with the administration who would do his bidding.
    The second reason for urgency is the administration wants a deal closed by the State of the State which is scheduled to be given by Governor Palin on January 20.
    This will give her something to offer as an accomplishment since her administration has done very little in the last twelve months.

AGIA, ethics reform, increasing oil taxes...she claimed credit for all of those during last years state of the state. In fact one source told me yesterday that in this year's accomplishments sent out to employees, the administration listed the Santa visits to rural Alaska as an accomplishment.

Then there is our dear friend Tom Irwin, who was fomerly a public relations executive at GVEA after he dropped out of the Murkowski administration.
    So that makes three Fairbanks neighbors and former GVEA executives that quite possibly have a hand in handing over a $300 million state asset to their former employer for a reported $50 million, minus the start up costs.
    But wait, according to my sources there is more. The HCCP will be transferred to a new entity controlled by GVEA, but GVEA will not provide any guarantee of the $50 million debt. How’s that for bankruptcy protection and leaving the creditor totally exposed?
    From what I understand the deal is done and AIDEA is only waiting for its next board meeting to approve the giveaway of the Heally Clean Coal Plant.

According to the AIDEA website, their next board meeting is January 15, 2009.
    To read the AIDEA press release from 2005 regarding the filing of a law suit against GVEA as well as a detailed time line of the Healy Clean Coal Plant history, click on link:
    http://www.aidea.org/PDF%20files/HCC...ver%20HCCP.pdf

Healy Clean Coal: Rewarding cheats and con men | AndrewHalcro.com

There might also be some fall-out from the contemptuously half-assed budget that she sent the legislature and their equally contemptuous rejection of it that basically told her to do her homework and get on the ball.

Elite Member

I just want to see her finished off before they start the 2012 election crap.

I hope it'll happen. Her own are turning against her, or at least abandoning ship.

Quote Originally Posted by Glitter View Post
    I would run from her too. But I do think something is about to break.

Bristol's water, maybe?

I think they may be running because the new legislative session is going to begin in a couple of weeks. I think the little people are going to demand that she be censured in some way for her ethics violations. Her office is going to answering a lot of phone calls! A few of the questions that her pissed-off constituents have:

* Do you think there should be consequences for violating the Alaska Executive Branch Ethics Act?
    * Do you think state employees and private citizens should be allowed to ignore legislative subpoenas without repercussion? Do you think the Attorney General should tell them this is OK?
    * Do you think that we should have an elected Attorney General, and not one appointed by the Governor?
    * Do you think that emails from the governor that are sent to a private citizen should be kept from the public under claims of “executive privelege?”
    * Do you think that ethical misbehavior by the Governor should be determined by a board that is selected by the Governor and that reports to the Governor?
    * Do you thnink that the Governor should be allowed to live in her home in Wasilla, and still receive per diem payments to reimburse her for expenses?
    * Do you think that the State of Alaska (aka you and me) should pay for the Palin children to accompany their mother on state business because they are part of “the first family”?
    * Do you think it’s important that we have a realistic 2010 budget that takes into account what actual economists are projecting rather than what we’d like those projections to be?
    The Mudflats » Sending the Dems to Juneau. Gazing into the Eyes of Your Legislator.

Quote Originally Posted by ymeman View Post
    Bristol's water, maybe?

Either that or the pillow needs new stuffing.

Elite Member

We should each start calling the Alaska Governor's office with questions just to see if they'll answer any of them

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information