Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Eternal victim Sarah Palin whines about the media in new interview

Default Eternal victim Sarah Palin whines about the media in new interview

Sarah Palin actually addresses the Trig Palin questions as well as other controversies in this brand new interview.

This was put together by an extreme right wing organization who adore Palin.

It seems clear that Sarah is going to continue to play the sympathy card to garner support from the Republicans. This may move her forward to some degree but it is hard to believe that ANYBODY wants to elect a victim as President of the United States.

[youtube]-95wkCMeUkk[/youtube]
    To sum up, nothing is Sarah Palin's fault. Everything is the fault of anonymous bloggers (Hi Sarah!), the main stream media, and Saturday Night Live.

BTW I learned of this video from my fellow Alaska blogger Celtic Diva. If you click the title you can visit her site and get her take on this interview as well.

Posted by Gryphen at 4:58 AM

The Immoral Minority: Sarah Palin actually addresses the Trig Palin questions as well as other controversies in this brand new interview.

Bronze Member

Just thought I'd post a few choice quotes including one where Palin inadvertently calls herself low-class:

Palin: Media goes easy on Kennedy - Andy Barr - Politico.com

'I've been interested to see how Caroline Kennedy will be handled and if she will be handled with kid gloves or if she will be under such a microscope,' Palin said.

“It’s going to be interesting to see how that plays out and I think that as we watch that we will perhaps be able to prove that there is a class issue here also that was such a factor in the scrutiny of my candidacy versus, say, the scrutiny of what her candidacy may be.”

Palin said she remains subject to unfair press coverage of her and her family.

“Is it political? Is it sexism?” she asked. “What is it that drives someone to believe the worst and perpetuate the worst in terms of gossip and lies?”

She observed that Katie Couric and Tina Fey have been “capitalizing on” and “exploiting” her.

“I did see that Tina Fey was named entertainer of the year and Katie Couric’s ratings have risen,” she said. “And I know that a lot of people are capitalizing on, oh I don’t know, perhaps some exploiting that was done via me, my family, my administration. That’s a little bit perplexing, but it also says a great deal about our society.”

The Alaska governor said that when she sees some of the coverage of her daughter Bristol especially “the momma grizzly rises up in me.”

Looking back on the Couric interviews, Palin said she knew things were not going well after their first session and asked the McCain campaign to pull the plug on the remaining sit downs but insisted the campaign made her go through with the rest.

“I knew it didn’t go well the first day, and then we gave her a couple of other segments after that. And my question to the campaign was, after it didn’t go well the first day, why were we going to go back for more?” she said. “Because of however it works in that upper echelon of power brokering in the media and with spokespersons, it was told to me that, yeah, we are going to go back for more. And going back for more was not a wise decision either.”

Palin criticized Couric for the way CBS “spliced it together,” saying that “so many of the topics brought up were not portrayed as accurately as they could have, should have, been.”

She also expressed frustration with Couric’s characterization of her since the interviews. After being shown a clip of Couric complaining to David Letterman that no post-election interviewer has asked Palin why she would not tell the CBS anchor what newspapers she reads, the Alaska governor responded: “Because, Katie, you’re not the center of everybody’s universe.”

Elite Member

Y'all just tell me what she says. I can't stand to hear this bitch ramble on senselessly for 9:26.

It's probably...blah, blah, gotcha media, blah, blah, great state of Alaska, blah, blah, unfair questions, blah, blah, also and too, blah, blah.

She's a reporter, she asked you a question you fucking reject. That's her job. YOUR job, such as it is, was to answer her fucking question in a cogent and intelligent manner.

You failed to do that. It has nothing to do with the world revolving around Katie Couric. She asked you a fucking simple question you were unable to answer and that's somehow the fault of the reporter?

Jesus fuck you're dense. You aren't worth the vag your husband fucked.
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

I would so love to beat the crap out of her, and I am not even a violent person.
    Last edited by ConstanceSpry; January 8th, 2009 at 04:21 PM. Reason: Edited because I am dyslexic today

Quote Originally Posted by hotncmom View Post
    Y'all just tell me what she says. I can't stand to hear this bitch ramble on senselessly for 9:26.

It's probably...blah, blah, gotcha media, blah, blah, great state of Alaska, blah, blah, unfair questions, blah, blah, also and too, blah, blah.
    She said that the reason why she didn't answer Katie Couric's question about the newspapers was because 'maybe the world doesn't revolve around you, Katie.' Yeah, because the world revolves around Palin. And then she rambled on about how she reads so many newspapers, including the local Alaska papers, but she still couldn't name any of them. But she ended it with 'I read USA Today and the N.Y. Times.'

Then she said that if she had been chosen to run as VP on the Democratic ticket that the media would've painted a better picture of her and her famiy (not likely). She would've sank Obama's campaign just like she did McCain's.

But my favorite part was when she started talking about hypocrisy. And then she said that she wished people wouldn't spread idle gossip as facts, meanwhile she forgets that she was the one running around saying that Obama pals around with terrorists.

I really wish she would get interviewed by either Keith Olbermann or Bill Maher. I would pay good money to see them rip her a new one.

She's seriously trying to compare herself to Carolyn Kennedy? I'm guessing Carolyn didn't go through 6 colleges to get a degree, I'm guessing Carolyn wasn't a beauty pagent ho, I'm guessing Carolyn wasn't a weather girl. Carolyn Kennedy may not be wholly qualified to be Senator (although I'd posit that she's spent her life in public service), but she sure is heck more deserving of high gov't office then that hillbilly imbecile. I have to stop reading things about that nitwit.

Elite Member

Default re

She really is a piece of work.

Exploiting? How about getting a multimillion dollar book contract despite being an illiterate retard? How about getting the RNC to buy silk underwear for your hubby, clothes for your kids, and hundreds of thousands of dollars of clothes and accessories for yourself?

Getting a job for your daughter's idiot high school drop out baby daddy despite his lack of essential qualifications?

Ugh, don't get me started. Someone on another messageboard suggested a class action lawsuit against John McCain for foisting her upon an unsuspecting public. I will definitely sign up for it.

Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by kingcap72 View Post
    She said that the reason why she didn't answer Katie Couric's question about the newspapers was because 'maybe the world doesn't revolve around you, Katie.' Yeah, because the world revolves around Palin. And then she rambled on about how she reads so many newspapers, including the local Alaska papers, but she still couldn't name any of them. But she ended it with 'I read USA Today and the N.Y. Times.'

Then she said that if she had been chosen to run as VP on the Democratic ticket that the media would've painted a better picture of her and her famiy (not likely). She would've sank Obama's campaign just like she did McCain's.

But my favorite part was when she started talking about hypocrisy. And then she said that she wished people wouldn't spread idle gossip as facts, meanwhile she forgets that she was the one running around saying that Obama pals around with terrorists.

I really wish she would get interviewed by either Keith Olbermann or Bill Maher. I would pay good money to see them rip her a new one.

Thanks for taking one for the team, Kingcap!! I hope listening to her screeching wasn't too painful.

It's nice to see Sarah doing interviews again now that Bristol has given birth.

Dead yet?

Bronze Member

Quote Originally Posted by ConstanceSpry View Post
    I would so love to beat the crap out of her, and I am not even a violent person.
    I second that!

Quote Originally Posted by hotncmom View Post
    Thanks for taking one for the team, Kingcap!! I hope listening to her screeching wasn't too painful.
    Wasn't too painful. I needed the laugh.

Caroline spent her life under a microscope and handled it with dignity. Most notably, she got an education, kept her nose clean, and kept out of the press.

WTF does Caroline Kennedy's candidacy have to do with Palin's anyway? Caroline might be a junior temporary Senator. Palin was trying to be the leader of the free world.

Elite Member

[QUOTE]After being shown a clip of Couric complaining to David Letterman that no post-election interviewer has asked Palin why she would not tell the CBS anchor what newspapers she reads, the Alaska governor responded:

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information