Thread: Let's slam Ann Coulter for a change

Friend of Gossip Rocks! buttmunch's Avatar

Default Let's slam Ann Coulter for a change

Her crazy is bugging me today so I found this little bag 'o' fun. Feel free to add your own tidbits about our loving Ann.

Ann Coulter's father John died last week, and this week she honored his memory with a column containing not one, but two Ted Kennedy jokes. I know I'd be proud.

Hahaha! Ted Kennedy! Back me up, mourners! I know you're out there - I can hear you breathing! Unlike dad! That lady in the shroud... she knows what I'm talking about!

Such is a daughter's grief. Think of her, then, as Ophelia with her violetless garlands, crossed with a real fucking hack.

But where's the Hillary material? Come on. It's right in front of you, Ann -- dad's dead... Hillary cries... you do the math.

Clearly, Ann's not at the top of her game. So I've taken the liberty of going through the eulogy -- cutting the Kennedy material -- and punching up the rest.

--

The longest baby ever born at the Albany, N.Y., hospital, at least as of May 5, 1926, who grew up to be my strapping father, passed away last Friday morning.

And by "strapping" I mean, "he beat me with a strap."

As Mother and I stood at Daddy's casket Monday morning, Mother repeated his joke to him, which he said on every wedding anniversary until a few years ago when Lewy bodies dementia prevented him from saying much at all: "54 years, married to the wrong woman." And we laughed.

Because he was dead.

John Vincent Coulter was of the old school, a man of few words, the un-Oprah, no crying or wearing your heart on your sleeve, and reacting to moments of great sentiment with a joke. Or as we used to call them:

Assholes.

Men.

When he was moping around the house once, missing my brother who had just gone back to college, he said, "Well, if you had cancer long enough, you'd miss it."

Unlike Lewy bodies dementia, apparently.

He'd indicate his feelings about my skirt length by saying,

I can see your balls.

"You look nice, Hart, but you forgot to put on your skirt."

Your parents are your whole world when you are a child.

Especially when other children avoid you out of instinct.

You only recognize what is unique about them when you get older and see how the rest of the world diverges from your standard of normality.

Or the cops come.

Besides being very funny, Father had an absolutely straight moral compass without ever being preachy or judgmental or even telling us in words.

If you call a five-decade joke about hating his wife, another about his son being like cancer, and another based on looking at his daughter's ass "funny."

Father hated puffery, pomposity, snobbery, fake friendliness, fake anything. Like Kitty's father in "Anna Karenina," he could detect a substanceless suitor in a heartbeat.

"War on the one hand is such a terrible, such an atrocious thing, that no man, especially no Christian man, has the right to assume the responsibility of beginning it." - Tolstoy

"We should invade their countries, kill their leaders and convert them to Christianity." - Some Fatherless Creep

He hated unions because of their corrupt leadership, ripping off the members for their own aggrandizement.

I know I'm forgetting some of the other things he hated, but you're starting to get the picture. Oh yeah, yogurt. Hated it. And mom.

But he had more respect for genuine working men than anyone I've ever known. He was, in short, the molecular opposite of John Edwards.

John Edwards being alive.

Father spent most of his nine-year FBI career as a Red hunter in New York City.

Where Stalin had sent his legions to steal the secrets of Broadway's Golden Era.

He never talked much about his FBI days.

Or dressing like a woman.

Father mostly had contempt for Soviet spies.

Reserving "hate" for unions, snobs, phonies, mom and us kids. Think of him as a kind of grown up Holden Caulfield, crossed with Hitler. Hitler Caulfield. The Catcher in the Rhine. This guy in the front row, he gets it!

In the early 1980s, as vice president and labor lawyer for Phelps Dodge copper company, Father broke a strike against the company ... Every day, Father walked with the strikebreakers through the picket line, (in my mind) brushing egg off his suit lapel.

And his skirt.

By 1986 it was over; the mineworkers voted against the union and Phelps Dodge was saved. For any liberals still reading, this is what's known as a "happy ending."

Not as happy as this funeral. But happy.

Now Daddy is with Joe McCarthy and Ronald Reagan.

"Hey, Ron, is it always this hot in here?"

Chris Kelly: Ann Coulter Kills at Her Father's Funeral
    Last edited by buttmunch; January 8th, 2009 at 01:44 AM.
    'Those who sacrifice liberty for security deserve neither.' Ben Franklin

"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying the cross."
    --Sinclair Lewis

Sounds like Father wanted little (M)Ann to be another son instead of a girl.

Or she really was "daddy's little girl" in the Papa Joe Simpson notion. What gets me is she thinks she is so smart and 'witty' when most pundits can run circles around her intelligence and all that comes out of her mouth is simply shitty. Big difference, Annie.
    as privileged as a whore...victims in demand for public show, swept out through the cracks beneath the door, holier than thou, how?

Bronze Member

Quote Originally Posted by WesCAdle View Post
    Or she really was "daddy's little girl" in the Papa Joe Simpson notion.
    That might explain the vitriol and anorexia.

Friend of Gossip Rocks! buttmunch's Avatar

And the 'hilarity' over him pissing on her mother every anniversary. Bloody hilarious dad, Ann. A real card.
    'Those who sacrifice liberty for security deserve neither.' Ben Franklin

"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying the cross."
    --Sinclair Lewis

I love it that she continues to deify Joe McCarthy in print. Looney-Tunes, just adds one more statistical point to my theory about conservative women and their Electra complexes. Hate mommy, love daddy, grow up to be a fascist nutjob.

That is a hysterical piece!

FFS, who in hell refers to/calls their dad "Father"? Not "my father", just "Father". Yeesh. You're not from the UK, MAnn.

No wonder this broad is such a twisted haint.
    My Posts Have Won Awards. Can Any Of You Claim The Same? -ur_next_ex

"I don't have pet peeves. I have major psychotic fucking hatreds, okay". ~George Carlin

Elite Member

I just watched my tivo of her on The View today (1/12). Oh my. I've never watched her before and she is a piece of work. She is sure mouthy and wouldn't let anyone talk that didn't agree with her.

I thoroughly enjoyed the piece SNL did on Coulter during Weekend Update with Hottie writer Seth Meyers.

Here's the link to the video on Hulu:
    Hulu - Saturday Night Live: Update: Ann Coulter

Enjoy!
    "the place you live in is that much more drab and empty that they're gone"

I want to know what happened to her that she has so much hatred in her heart/life. It's really sad.

^^ Looks like Father and Mother had something to do with it. What a horrible horrible woman she is and without an ounce of humor in her brittle little anoerexic bones.

Bronze Member

Quote Originally Posted by ymeman View Post
    I love it that she continues to deify Joe McCarthy in print. Looney-Tunes, just adds one more statistical point to my theory about conservative women and their Electra complexes. Hate mommy, love daddy, grow up to be a fascist nutjob.

That is a hysterical piece!
    Yeah! So true. Their mothers are rarely warm and nurturing. Any attention they get usually comes from their fathers.

Jesus Christ, the layers of denial are so thick.

And what is with the disgusting fetishizing of her own father as a Real Man? It's like she has a raging crush on "Father" and sees him as some sort of male sexual ideal. Yuck. How many people did this man hate anyway? Half the article is about things and people that he hated and destroyed and hunted down.

And couples who love each other don't sit around and joke for years about regrets about marrying.

I have never heard any daughter talk about her father closely observing her skirt length right after the father died. When bereaved of a parent, people usually talk about the good times they had. Not about how their parent made them feel like their clothes were slutty.

And whatever "Father"'s obsessions were with her short skirts, it didn't take. Coulter is famous for wearing super short skirts and showing off her bony legs around male interviewers.

Thread Information