Thread: Jeb Bush announces he is not running for FL. US Senate seat in 2010

Default Jeb Bush announces he is not running for FL. US Senate seat in 2010

Former Gov. Jeb Bush is sending e-mails out now to friends letting them know he’s not running for the U.S. Senate seat being vacated by Republican Mel Martinez in 2010.

Here’s the short e-mail he sent to friends and family:
    While I will always have more than fond memories of my years in public office and was humbled by the outpouring of support I received over the last few weeks, now is not my time to be running for office. To sum it up, in the words of Dr. Stephen Covey, I have decided to put “First Things First”.
    I will continue to stay involved in the advocacy of a vibrant, growing Republican Party and with it, 21st Century conservative solutions to the challenges we face.
    The decision means a wide open race on both sides of the aisle, with Republicans Bill McCollum and Marco Rubio among the most likely to enter the race and Democrats Allen Boyd, Dan Gelber, Ron Klein and Alex Sink also considering candidacies.

Here’s Bush’s official release:

This afternoon, former Florida Governor Jeb Bush released the following statement on the 2010 United States Senate race in Florida for Senator Mel Martinez’s Senate seat:
    “After thoughtful consideration, I have decided not to run for the United States Senate in 2010.
    “While the opportunity to serve my state and country during these turbulent and dynamic times is compelling, now is not the right time to return to elected office.

“In the coming months and years, I hope to play a constructive role in the future of the Republican Party, advocating ideas and policies that solve the pressing problems of our day. We must rebuild the Party by focusing on the common purposes and core conservative principles that unite us all - limited government, a strong national defense and safe homeland and the protection of liberty tempered by personal responsibility.

“While fundamentally different ideologies divide Republicans and Democrats, we can not allow politics to come before the needs of our people and communities. We must raise the level of debate to reflect the American people’s desire for change and bi-partisanship, embodied by November’s historic election. President-elect Obama ran a tremendous campaign and I am proud to call him my President. I am confident Republicans will find productive ways to work together with the new administration to advance reforms both sides of the aisle can support.

“For me, there is no greater calling than education reform. Securing our nation’s economic future starts with providing a world-class education to every single American student - building a system that lessens our populace’s dependence on government. Through the Foundation for Florida’s Future and Foundation for Excellence in Education, I remain committed to advancing policies key to a reform agenda, including higher academic standards, greater accountability for learning and more educational choices for all families.

“Finally, I thank Senator Martinez for his extraordinary service to our great state and thank the many Floridians and Americans across the country that offered me support and encouragement as I came to this decision.”

Palm Beach Post: Palm Beach & Treasure Coast news, sports, entertainment, jobs, cars, homes
    Last edited by Belinda; January 6th, 2009 at 04:38 PM.

WTF? Why is this goober even talking?
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

That's because he'll be too busy gearing up for the 2012 Presidential election.

Oh god, Jeb for Prez.
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

I can't wait for the Republican primary debates between Jeb and Palin in 2012.

Quote Originally Posted by kingcap72 View Post
    I can't wait for the Republican primary debates between Jeb and Palin in 2012.
    Bet they will have a scandalous affair. Can hardly wait.
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

Quote Originally Posted by McJag View Post
    Bet they will have a scandalous affair. Can hardly wait.
    I see Palin pimping Bristol out to Jeb to create a sex scandal.

Quote Originally Posted by Quazar View Post
    That's because he'll be too busy gearing up for the 2012 Presidential election.
    I thought that too. OMFG.

here it comes, the 3rd Bush presidency in the making just pushed off from the pier. I think this is a mistake though, '4 more wars' isn't going to win over Americans anymore and that is all the Bush family is about.

Bleh, kill 'em all please. I'm tired of the Bush name being tacked on to politics.

Jeb Bush 2012. Twelve years, and two embodiments, of Bush idiocy wasn't enough. We need at least 16 years and three entities we can despise..

Why can't Jeb just state the obvious? No Bush has proven thus far to be intelligent enough to hold any office and after his brother's illustrious terms, the American public's reaction to anyone from that family is negative.

They need to stop turning the office of the POTUS into a family business. It's not working for them.

Silver Member

Angry

i don't think jeb will run in 2012

he has too many "problems" with his family

wife did a huge shopping trip overseas and did not claim reciepts on entry

noelle (daughter ) drug problems
    george III roughed up an ex-girlfriend's dad
    third child (son) drug problems

florida's lovely education system

Thread Information