Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Sarah Palin's son-in-law gets job he's not qualified for, gee wonder why..

Wink Sarah Palin's son-in-law gets job he's not qualified for, gee wonder why..

The Alaska Hillbillies just keep giving and giving.

How is it possible that the governor's soon-to-be son-in-law, Levi Johnston, is working as an apprentice on the North Slope?

The governor, in trying to dispel rumors the father of her grandchild is a high school dropout, released this statement this past week,

"Levi is continuing his online high school work in addition to working as an electrical apprentice on the North Slope."

But federal regulations require all members of apprentice programs, union or otherwise, to first obtain a high school diploma, something the governor's soon-to-be son-in- law does not have. Some apprentice programs even require the completion of high school level algebra or the post-secondary equivalent.

Apparently, there's also a long waiting list to get these jobs, and Levi appears to have jumped to the head of the line. Palin seems to think she's running the Chicago Park District, circa 1975, where the jobs were aplenty if you knew the right guy.

AMERICAblog News| A great nation deserves the truth
    Ahh nepotism..
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

There should be an OSHA investigation for this at the minimum. Because of the waiting lists for these jobs, anyone on those waiting lists could sue because if they meet the qualifications like having a high school diploma and since Levi clearly doesn't have one, whoever is employing Levi could be paying out quite a bit.

How this evolves is going to be interesting. I hope someone sues AND OSHA investigates!

Quote Originally Posted by Fluffy View Post
    There should be an OSHA investigation for this at the minimum. Because of the waiting lists for these jobs, anyone on those waiting lists could sue because if they meet the qualifications like having a high school diploma and since Levi clearly doesn't have one, whoever is employing Levi could be paying out quite a bit.
    Oh yeah, especially all the native Inuit/Alaskans should contact the EEOC. Big-time employment law case right there.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

sheesh, is Palin trying to top herself?
    Basic rule of Gossip Rocks: Don't be a dick.Tati
    Lighten Up Francis WCG

I can't get nearly as worked up over this as the fact that Bill Richardson had to withdraw from consideration for Commerce Secretary over political improprieties. Who's vetting these candidates anyway?

Ouija board.
    "But I am very poorly today & very stupid & I hate everybody & everything." -- Charles Darwin

"Trump is, in my opinion, the first woman president of the United States." -- Roseanne Barr

Sarah Palin's son-in-law gets job he's not qualified for
    Are there ANY jobs out there that he IS qualified for?
    Warren Beatty: actor, director, writer, producer.

***** celeb

^Fast food joint server...

So many young (and older) people need jobs these days and because he's good at knockin up the gov's daughter he gets a good job...when he hasn't even graduated? I hope this doesn't slide...Aren't they getting a million for the photos? Making out like a fat rat for getting the gov's daughter pregnant.

Thumbs up Levi Johnston quits oil field job

Levi Johnston quits oil field job

By WESLEY LOY
    wloy@adn.com

(01/05/09 18:13:56)
    Levi Johnston, the Wasilla teenager planning to marry Gov. Sarah Palin's daughter, Bristol, has quit his North Slope oil field job over questions about his eligibility to participate in an electrical apprenticeship program, Johnston's father said today.

Johnston this fall began working at the Milne Point oil field through the ASRC Energy Services apprenticeship program.

However, radio talk show commentator Dan Fagan, in a newspaper column published Sunday, questioned how Johnston could take part in the apprenticeship program without the required high school education.

Johnston's father, Keith Johnston, said in a telephone interview that his son decided to resign today and return home to work on his education.

"He felt it was the best thing to do to kind of calm the waters, so to speak," the elder Johnston said.

Keith Johnston also said the governor had nothing to do with getting Levi Johnston the oil field job. Keith Johnston said his own position as an ASRC construction engineer accounts for any help his son received in landing work.

Palin, in an interview today, denied helping Levi Johnston get the job and called Fagan's column "a political pot shot taken at me."

Fagan said federal rules require apprentices to have a high school diploma. Federal rules actually don't require that, but ASRC rules do, the company said today.

Levi Johnston and Bristol Palin recently became the parents of Palin's first grandchild.

Levi Johnston quits oil field job: Alaska News | adn.com

Quote Originally Posted by HWBL View Post
    Are there ANY jobs out there that he IS qualified for?
    Sperm donor.

Quote Originally Posted by kingcap72 View Post
    Sperm donor.
    I wonder if this nitwit fathered both kids (assuming what most think,
    that this is Brillo Palin's second child).
    Warren Beatty: actor, director, writer, producer.

***** celeb

ROFL, felt it was the best thing to do to calm the waters? Why, were the waters rough from people asking legitimate questions about your undeserved position?

Wtf ever.
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

Soooo, let me get this straight. The Arctic Slope Regional Corporation (ASRC) has a rule that you have to have a high school diploma. Levi Johnston does not have a high school diploma. And he thinks it’s best that he leave “to calm the waters”. Are we to believe that ASRC would have let him stay on and suffered the media wrath, and that this is a grand gesture on Johnston’s part?

I believe the correct slant on this is that Levi Johnston was basically fired, and Keith Johnston is guilty of pulling strings to get his son a job that violates the standard to which everyone else in this state is held accountable, and ASRC went along with it. And Levi Johnston, Keith Johnston, and ASRC all got caught.
    The Mudflats Levi Johnston is Off the Slope. (You Can’t Fire Him, He Quits!)

And I must repeat my theory that "they" (aka Palin and her Dud) got him the job because they knew his mother was being investigated and wanted him out of the way, since he lived with her.

Quote Originally Posted by HWBL View Post
    I wonder if this nitwit fathered both kids (assuming what most think,
    that this is Brillo Palin's second child).
    Something tells me some other girl will pop up down the road claiming that Levi's the baby-daddy.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information