Thread: Joe Biden has sympathy for George Bush, but none for Dick Cheney

Thumbs down Joe Biden has sympathy for George Bush, but none for Dick Cheney

(CNN) – Joe Biden says he has some sympathy for George Bush after the president became the target of a shoe-throwing Iraqi journalist – but the Vice president-elect struck a tougher tone on Dick Cheney, the man he is set to replace.
    “It's presumptuous to feel sorry for another man,” Biden told CNN’s Larry King in an interview set to air Monday night. “But I feel somewhat – I feel somewhat badly for him. I think the incident in Iraq was – was unfortunate, that guy throwing the shoes. It was just – it was just uncalled for and was – I think that President Bush and, unlike Vice President Cheney, is, upon reflection beginning to acknowledge some of the serious, if not mistakes, misjudgments that he made.”
    Watch Biden on CNN's Larry King Live tonight at 9.m. ET
    It’s the latest in a series of swipes between the current vice president and the man who will replace him, and stands in marked contrast to the largely complimentary comments President-elect Barack Obama and Bush have traded since Election Day.

Biden – who referred to Cheney during the campaign as one of the most “dangerous” vice presidents in U.S. history – told ABC Sunday that Cheney’s opinions on executive power were “dead wrong,” and had not been healthy for the country. He pledged to “restore the balance” between the president and vice president.
    Cheney himself told an interviewer Sunday that "if [Biden] wants to diminish the office of the vice president, that's obviously his call."
    In response, the vice president told FOX News that "if [Biden] wants to diminish the office of the vice president, that's obviously his call. President-elect Obama will decide what he wants in a vice president and, apparently, from the way they're talking about it, he does not expect him to have as consequential a role as I have had during my time."
    Biden has some sympathy for Bush — but none for Cheney
    I can't agree with Biden about Bush acknowledging his mistakes, since Dubya's running around trying to rewrite history for the past 8 years.

i love how biden actually says what he thinks, unlike most politicians.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

Yea what's Biden talking bout. I have zero sympathy for bush, his willfull negligence on Iraq alone is responsible for deaths of thousands of coalition/U.S. troops as well as hundreds of thousands of Iraqi's. Sorry there's none of this 'Bush was only following his advisors/too dumb to know what was going on' excuse allowed.

Quote Originally Posted by sputnik View Post
    i love how biden actually says what he thinks, unlike most politicians.
    Exactly. But I guess that's why the media calls him a "gaffe machine"

He's just a gaffe machine, and he won't gaffe for nobody but us

Thread Information