Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: John McCain not sure if he'd back Sarah Palin for president in 2012

Default John McCain not sure if he'd back Sarah Palin for president in 2012

(CNN) Sen. John McCain said Sunday he would not necessarily support his former running mate if she chose to run for president.
    Speaking to ABC's "This Week," McCain was asked whether Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin could count on his support. "I can't say something like that. We've got some great other young governors. I think you're going to see the governors assume a greater leadership role in our Republican Party," he said, citing Governors Tim Pawlenty of Minnesota and Jon Huntsman of Utah.
    McCain said he has "the greatest appreciation for Governor Palin and her family, and it was a great joy to know them. She invigorated our campaign" against Barack Obama for the presidency.
    Pressed on why he can't promise support for the woman who, just months ago, he named as the second best person to lead the nation, McCain responded that "now we're in a whole election cycle. Have no doubt of my admiration and respect for her and my view of her viability, but at this stage, again my corpse is still warm, you know?"
    McCain unsure if he'd support Palin for president

Just proves that he knew she was dumb as Moose shit when he picked her as VP.

A bit too late for that, Dr Frankenstein.
    "Remember to always be yourself. Unless you suck." - Joss Whedon

"The only thing more expensive than education is ignorance." -Benjamin Franklin

ROFL, holy fuck.. even he wouldnt want her as preznit.

What a self serving old creep.
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

He could have just said, "No fucking way!", and moved on to the next question. Woulda been quicker.

Pressed on why he can't promise support for the woman who, just months ago, he named as the second best person to lead the nation, McCain responded that "now we're in a whole election cycle. Have no doubt of my admiration and respect for her and my view of her viability, but at this stage, again my corpse is still warm, you know?"

Ha ha - even John McCain calls himself a corpse. I found this hilarious.

Quote Originally Posted by kingcap72 View Post
    Just proves that he knew she was dumb as Moose shit when he picked her as VP.
    I don't think he realized it when he picked her as VP. No real vetting, remember? But he clearly knows that she is now!

Quote Originally Posted by Fluffy View Post
    I don't think he realized it when he picked her as VP. No real vetting, remember? But he clearly knows that she is now!
    True. But you can tell Palin's an idiot as soon as she opens her mouth.

She probably set fire to it herself so that way the Palin story of the day would be this instead of "where's Bristol's baby"? Wasn't it due like 5 minutes ago???

^Gotta be in the next 10 days or her goose is cooked!

Nobody likes you, Sarah.

Not too many people get endorsements four years in advance. So, I'm not sure why is quote is generating any buzz....

^^Because he was singing Palin's praises as his potential VP since August, and now he's backpeddling.

But I'm not shocked. Because in the last debate when he was asked if Palin was ready to step in as president he rambled on and never answered the question.

Quote Originally Posted by MohandasKGanja View Post
    Not too many people get endorsements four years in advance. So, I'm not sure why is quote is generating any buzz....
    It's because he picked her as his own VP and now he's basically saying she's a ding dong. Which is lovely cause she could have very well been our next POTUS if he would have won and passed away.

Quote Originally Posted by cmmdee View Post
    It's because he picked her as his own VP and now he's basically saying she's a ding dong. Which is lovely cause she could have very well been our next POTUS if he would have won and passed away.
    I don't think it's the same. In this case, you are speculating four years into the future. You would have dramatically different scenarios in terms of finance, international tensions, etc. And you would have a re-shuffling of alliances and and emerging individuals within the GOP.

Did Carter endorse Mondale four years ahead of time for the next election after Carter lost reelection? No.

Did Mondale endorse Geraldine Ferraro four years ahead of time for the next election after Mondale lost? No.

Did Al Gore endorse Joseph Lieberman four years ahead of time for the next election after Gore lost? No.

^Was it for sure that those three running mates were going to run again? I don't recall that being the case with the three you mention. That's the difference. Palin is clearly trying to put herself in the running for 2012.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information