Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bushies refuse Obama family access to Blair House prior to inauguration. Dicks.

Friend of Gossip Rocks! buttmunch's Avatar

Default Bushies refuse Obama family access to Blair House prior to inauguration. Dicks.

Remember that totally untrue story spread by Rove-ites at the time of the 2001 inauguration that all the "W" keys were missing from the keyboards in the White House, supposedly to illustrate the pettiness and spite of the outgoing Democratic administration? Well, George W. Bush can't let some popular president show him up in sheer malice, so he has told the Obamas that they cannot move into the Blair House, traditionally the home of the President-elect before the inauguration:

President Bush’s aides have turned down a request from President-elect Barack Obama to move from Chicago into Blair House, the official guest residence across Pennsylvania Avenue from the White House, in time for Mr. Obama’s daughters to start school in Washington on Jan. 5.

The Obamas were told that they could move into Blair House on Jan. 15, but no earlier, because it is booked, an Obama transition official said, speaking on the condition of anonymity. “We explored the idea so that the girls could start school on schedule,” the official said. “But there were previously scheduled events and guests that couldn’t be displaced.”

White House officials declined to disclose specifically who is using Blair House during that period, for what purpose or how they could take precedence over the president-elect of the United States when it came to government housing; one White House official would say only that it had been booked for “receptions and gatherings” by members of the departing Bush administration. Those receptions, the official said, “don’t make it suitable for full-time occupancy by the Obamas yet.”

That's just perfect. You stay classy to the end, Bushies.Crooks and Liars
    Well, maybe it's best to let the Bushies party like it's 1999 one last time because they won't be seeing any important government property for a long time to come. But how fucking petty can you be? It's not like they didn't know SOMEONE would be needing the house prior to moving into the WH.
    'Those who sacrifice liberty for security deserve neither.' Ben Franklin

"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying the cross."
    --Sinclair Lewis

Hmm. This should be corrected pretty quickly-WHO could possibly take priority over the Obamas?? No one.
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

The Obamas can't move in because it's "booked"? Booked? For receptions and gatherings for people in the Bush administration? So they can get drunk, reminisce about what a faboo time they've had for the past eight years, scratch up the furniture, stop up the toilets and generally use it as a party palace? That's way more important than the incoming President and his family having a place to live.

Personally, I think Bush should move the hell out of the White House - oh say, this weekend - and move his sorry lame ass into Blair House so that he'll be RIGHT THERE for every "reception". Give him a good reason to continue his extracurricular drinking. What a bunch of yahoos.

assholes... but Obama said he understood.
    Baltimore O's ​Fan!

I don''t know if she really fucked the board though. Maybe just put the tip in. -Mrs. Dark

Probably so they can tidy up the nutshells, beer stains and bullet holes in the wall. Or something.

Well, George W. Bush can't let some popular president show him up in sheer malice
    That sums it up right there. Bush is just being an asshole.

Wasn't there a rumor that Laura left Georgie the Drunk when he started boozing and inhaling again? Maybe it's "booked" because Laura has lived there for the last 4-6 years.

Quote Originally Posted by SSDiva View Post
    assholes... but Obama said he understood.
    What else can Obama say publicly? You think he's gona say, "Spiteful fuckers." Obama's too classy for that.

You know it just has to kill Dubya that he is so hated and Obama is so loved.

The January 15 entrance date is the traditional date.

Bush is a dick, but why should the Obama's be given special treatment that wasn't granted to other first families, even those with children.

The American media is a fucking embarrassment, it seems they have no idea that this is the way things are done traditionally- like most Americans- and they'll make 'controversy' over it.
    It's no longer a dog whistle, it's a fucking trombone

All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

If I wanted the government in my womb I'd fuck a Senator

Remember that totally untrue story spread by Rove-ites at the time of the 2001 inauguration that all the "W" keys were missing from the keyboards in the White House, supposedly to illustrate the pettiness and spite of the outgoing Democratic administration?
    Actually, I have personal knowledge that the story is mostly true and that's all I have to say about that.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

That's just mean and hateful, but what else do we expect from that piece of shit W! The Obamas have way too much class to say what they really think about this! Burn in hell W!

Friend of Gossip Rocks! buttmunch's Avatar

The January 15 entrance date is the traditional date.

Bush is a dick, but why should the Obama's be given special treatment that wasn't granted to other first families, even those with children.

The American media is a fucking embarrassment, it seems they have no idea that this is the way things are done traditionally- like most Americans- and they'll make 'controversy' over it.
    Actually, I think you'll find that a number of our recent presidents occupied the house prior to the January 15th...and while tradition has its place I would think the supposed educator Laura Bush would realize that having two little girls start school on time might be a bit more important than a texas-style hoe down for the morons in her husband's admin.

Since 1942 when the Federal Government purchased the Blair house at the suggestion of Eleanor Roosevelt the Blair House has been used as the President’s guest house for visiting dignitaries. (Eleanor had encountered and objected to seeing visiting Prime Minister Winston Churchill wandering around the White House at night in his underwear.) President Truman lived at Blair House from 1948 until 1951 with his wife Bess and daughter Margaret. The White House had been undergoing its most extensive remodeling since it was rebuilt after the British burned it in 1814. President Truman had the facility set aside for President-elect Eisenhower's use soon after the November election. Since that time it is always reserved for the President-elect’s use starting no later than Jan. 15. President-elects Kennedy, Reagan, Bush I, and Clinton either occupied or had full use of the residence in late December or Early January. When not booked for a diginatary or president elect, the main floor reception areas have often been a convenient location for White House Staff to have functions and parties.

The initial refusal of the request by the Obama Transition Team was made by Sally McDonough a staff member of Laura Bush. It seems that the White House Staff had presumed the use of, but not officially booked, the facility for a private bash of White House Staff and invitees. The Blair House management staff also confirm that there are no other foreign dignitaries scheduled to stay at the Blair House for the duration of the Bush administration.

Yet Sally McDonough, spokeswoman to Laura Bush, insists that, regardless of the set-up, the January 15 date is non-negotiable. “Blair House is available for them on January 15th,” she says.
    'Those who sacrifice liberty for security deserve neither.' Ben Franklin

"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying the cross."
    --Sinclair Lewis

Remember that totally untrue story spread by Rove-ites at the time of the 2001 inauguration that all the "W" keys were missing from the keyboards in the White House, supposedly to illustrate the pettiness and spite of the outgoing Democratic administration?
    I forgot about this, and it's still totally funny. Even moreso now that Bush is hated by even more people at the end of his presidency than at the beginning. "Dick" is right. *throws more shoes at W*

Actually, I think you'll find that a number of our recent presidents occupied the house prior to the January 15th...and while tradition has its place I would think the supposed educator Laura Bush would realize that having two little girls start school on time might be a bit more important than a texas-style hoe down for the morons in her husband's admin.
    The Clintons did not move into Blair early, it was too small and the Ronnie Ray-guns were at Blair early because the White House renovation was starting.

But even so, we can add it to the list of Bush crimes....but in the real scheme of things it's waaaaaay down on the list of things they've done, a couple of little kids having a late start to school -shrugs- it hardly registers when I think of what's been done by this administration.

Now, it may not be nice, but does anyone expect 'nice' from these people?

But I still say the media are fucking embarrassing themselves with these 'controversy' stories. This was on almost every political blog I saw today. Shame they didn't give the real crimes of the administration this type of media saturation.
    Last edited by witchcurlgirl; December 15th, 2008 at 07:59 PM.
    It's no longer a dog whistle, it's a fucking trombone

All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

If I wanted the government in my womb I'd fuck a Senator

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information