Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Condoleeza Rice regrets bad Iraq intelligence; defends war

Thumbs down Condoleeza Rice regrets bad Iraq intelligence; defends war

Rice regrets bad Iraq intelligence; defends war

(Tell that to the over 4000 US troops killed, even more horribly maimed as well as coalition and Iraqi lives lost)

Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice said Sunday she regrets the U.S. relied on flawed intelligence as the basis for going to war in Iraq and took partial responsibility for mismanaging the post-invasion occupation.
    As eight years of the Bush administration come to a close, the president and now one of his longest-serving advisers are acknowledging mistakes in Iraq while steadfastly defending the war and Saddam Hussein's overthrow.
    "While it's fine to go back and say what might we have done differently, the truth of the matter is we don't have that luxury," Rice said in a broadcast interview.
    "I would give anything to be able to go back and to know precisely what we were going to find when we were there. But that isn't the way that these things work," Rice said "And I still believe that the overthrow of Saddam Hussein is going to turn out to be a great strategic achievement."
    With the support of Congress, President George W. Bush ordered the U.S.-led invasion of Iraq in March 2003. It was a decision largely justified on grounds later proved false that Saddam was building weapons of mass destruction.
    Rice made the Sunday morning talk show rounds for perhaps the last time as secretary of state. The forum, which she used many times in the past eight years to promote administration policies, provided her an opportunity to reflect on her legacy.
    Rice said she was "still really appalled at the inability of the international community to deal with tyrants."
    "We're seeing it in Burma," Rice said of the country in Southeast Asia now called Myanmar. "We are now seeing it, I think, in a very, very sad way in Zimbabwe, where Robert Mugabe should have gone a long time ago. And we can't seem to mobilize the international will to do it."
    Bush reflected on the war in a wide-ranging television interview last week, saying the biggest regret of his presidency was the "intelligence failure" regarding the extent of Saddam's threat to the United States. Asked if he would have ordered the invasion if intelligence reports accurately had indicated Saddam did not have the weapons, Bush told "World News" on ABC: "You know, that's an interesting question. That is a do-over that I can't do. It's hard for me to speculate."
    In a second interview, he said the mistreatment of prisoners at the Abu Ghraib prison in Iraq was "a terrible disappointment." He also acknowledged it has taken longer than he thought it would for stability to take root in Iraq, but said he eventually will be vindicated for his policies in the Mideast.
    "I'm confident history will say, `Oh, Bush could have done it better here, or, Bush could have done it better there,'" Bush told the Middle East Broadcasting Center. The White House on Sunday released a transcript of the interview that was taped Friday.
    "I believe when people objectively analyze this administration, they'll say, `Well, I see now what he was trying to do,'" Bush said.
    Rice, who was Bush's national security adviser when the U.S. invaded Iraq and then became secretary of state in Bush's second term, said it was a mistake to put the Defense Department in charge of rebuilding Iraq in the early stages of the occupation. But she declined to blame former Defense Secretary Donald H. Rumsfeld for the inability to maintain order in the occupation's first years.
    "I don't think we had the right structure. I'll very, very blunt," Rice said. "We tried in Iraq to give it to a single department, the Department of Defense."
    When asked whether that was Rumsfeld's fault, Rice said, "I take responsibility for that, too. We just didn't have the right structure."
    Rice served as Stanford University's provost before joining the Bush administration. She said she plans to return to Stanford to teach after Bush leaves office in January. She also plans to write a book about her parents.
    She called her successor at the State Department, Sen. Hillary Rodham Clinton, "a terrific choice. Hillary Clinton is somebody of intelligence, and she'll do a great job."
    Rice appeared on "Fox News Sunday, ABC's "This Week," and CNN's "Late Edition."

Rice said she was "still really appalled at the inability of the international community to deal with tyrants."
    Well, usually in the republican sense you arm them, fund them, shake their hands, make them your friend and only when they stop obeying your orders do you label them 'tyrants'.

*spits on her*

Fuck you, goddamned stupid whore. Because of you how many hundreds of thousands are dead?

Get cancer and die.
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

here's where the phrase *dead yet* comes into play.
    Basic rule of Gossip Rocks: Don't be a dick.Tati
    Lighten Up Francis WCG

Elite Member

Default Re

It's revolting to watch Bush and his cronies make their pseudo-mea culpas. Everything that has happened is someone else's fault, it appears.

Bad intelligence. Very bad intelligence.

Oooooooh, I just bet the guys in the intel community are compiling their notes for their memoirs right about now. This is how &*%$% stupid she and the whole Bush admin think that Americans are (and I guess a huge portion are) that they honestly expect people to believe we get such a thing as 'bad intelligence' and that 'bad intelligence' is what got us into the war in Iraq. Anyone who doesn't understand that this country has access to the best intel in the entire world should be deported. She came in a lying P.O.S. and she's going out one as well. Good riddance.

to quote Grim, "Bitch, please...."

She will defend her man until the end. Loyal little bitch, isn't she?

Good riddance you disgraceful skank.

There are a lot of things Condi should regret.

1) Blowing Dubya

2) Lying for Dubya

3) Shoe-shopping during the aftermath of Katrina.

4) Fucking Dubya

5) Being completely useless while defending Dubya

^^ LOL. All those are great.

Hi, King

Hey, C.

How are ya?

^^ I'm good. So glad it's Friday! Hope all is well with you.

^^It's been a really shitty week. But at least I ended up with a few weeks of paid vacation through January.

^^ Hell yes. That's the ticket.

Have a drink on me (and O) LOL

Thanks.

I'll make that my new avatar.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information