Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Planned Parenthood tells teen to lie to get abortion

Friend of Gossip Rocks! buttmunch's Avatar

Default Planned Parenthood tells teen to lie to get abortion

A college student posing as a pregnant 13-year-old was told at a Planned Parenthood clinic to lie about the age of her baby's father to skirt Indiana laws on parental consent for abortion and on reporting child sex abuse.

According to a report in the Washington Times, Lila Rose, 20, went undercover as a 13-year old named "Brianna," who said she was pregnant by a 31-year old man. Rose, president of a pro-life organization at UCLA, recorded the interaction with a hidden camera; the video has been posted on YouTube.

Click here to see the video.

The video shows "Diana," a nurse at Planned Parenthood in Bloomington, Ind., telling Brianna that she is required to report the pregnancy to Child Protective Services, because it "could be reported as rape." But she goes on to tell Brianna that if she lies about the age and identity of her baby's father, she can avoid turning him in.

"I didn't hear the age. I don't want to know the age," Diana says in the video.

She tells Brianna, "You've seen him around, you know he's 14, he's in your grade and whatever. You know what I mean?"

Indiana law requires that sexual acts between an adult and children under 14 be reported to law enforcement and Child Protective Services.

The nurse also is seen giving Brianna information on where to get an abortion in Illinois, where parental notification laws are not enforced.

The Washington Times reported that Rose said her organization had taped several examples of similar conduct.

Planned Parenthood of Indiana suspended the nurse on Wednesday, the Times said, and issued a statement.

"We are deeply concerned about the content of the video. ... The apparent actions of the employee would be in violation of our strict policies and procedures," Betty Cockrum, the state chapter's president, said in the statement.

The organization said it would investigate the incident.FOXNews.com - Planned Parenthood Tells 'Teen': Lie To Get an Abortion - Local News | News Articles | National News | US News
    There are two things here that bother me: one, why are the wingnuts going after an organization that gives to much help to so many people? Shouldn't they putting their energies towards sorting out women's health care? Or are they so interested in controlling womn via their wombs that they've lost sight of what is right? Second, even if the nurse practitioner did tell the person she thought was a 13 year old knocked up by a 31 year old man, is that wrong? Would the insane pro-lifers prefer that a girl this age have a child with a man that old? Are they fucking kidding me?
    'Those who sacrifice liberty for security deserve neither.' Ben Franklin

"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying the cross."
    --Sinclair Lewis

fucking right-wing assholes. ok, telling the girls to lie isn't 100% morally correct but fuck, the important thing is that the 13 year-old be able to get rid of the baby, and when you're talking about an abortion, time is of the essence.
    and hey, if the system is so fucked up that telling the truth would only lead to complicating the 13 year-old's life even more (if it were a real 13 year-old i mean) then i don't see what's wrong in being honest with her and telling her how to get round the system.

and i'm also fucking sick and tired of the anti-choice retards going after planned parenthood. it's a great organisation that's helped so many women, unlike these assholes.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

So what. They are forced into doing whatever is necessary-and in this case the goal was helping a pregnant teen. Time is of the essence. Let Planned Parenthood ALONE!!!
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

I'm sure Bristol Palin wishes she could've stopped by Planned Parenthood.

i love planned parenthood. it's one of my favorite causes to support.
    white, black, puerto rican/everybody just a freakin'/good times were rollin'.

Quote Originally Posted by kingcap72 View Post
    I'm sure Bristol Palin wishes she could've stopped by Planned Parenthood.
    She can just toss it in the crib next to his big brother Trig. This repeatedly getting knocked-up act is probably wearing thin with mommy though. You can only fake a pregnancy for your daughter so many times when you're in mid-40's. I'm sure behind closed doors Sarah hit the roof over number two. That's like a big "fuck you mom" if I ever saw one!

They should have hauled her little whore-behind to PP years ago and have Sarah watch while she gets the Depo shot or swallows the pill every night (be sure to check under the tongue, mom).

But PP is a great service to girls who don't have a mommy willing to fake a pregnancy while they lay out of school for months with "mono".
    My Posts Have Won Awards. Can Any Of You Claim The Same? -ur_next_ex

"I don't have pet peeves. I have major psychotic fucking hatreds, okay". ~George Carlin

Quote Originally Posted by MrsDark View Post
    She can just toss it in the crib next to his big brother Trig. This repeatedly getting knocked-up act is probably wearing thin with mommy though. You can only fake a pregnancy for your daughter so many times when you're in mid-40's. I'm sure behind closed doors Sarah hit the roof over number two. That's like a big "fuck you mom" if I ever saw one!

They should have hauled her little whore-behind to PP years ago and have Sarah watch while she gets the Depo shot or swallows the pill every night (be sure to check under the tongue, mom).

But PP is a great service to girls who don't have a mommy willing to fake a pregnancy while they lay out of school for months with "mono".
    I think the only reason Palin was willing to fake the pregnancy was to protect her political career. She probably figured that it wouldn't look good for a governor, with bigger ambitions, who is against sex education to have her daughter get knocked up.

But the alleged second pregnancy is just a weak attempt to try and cover up the original pregnancy cover-up.

Sarah Palin should have all of her brood neutered for Christmas.
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

Quote Originally Posted by McJag View Post
    So what. They are forced into doing whatever is necessary-and in this case the goal was helping a pregnant teen. Time is of the essence. Let Planned Parenthood ALONE!!!
    I understand what you're saying, but I don't want any organization granted immunity from the law so they can do "whatever is necessary." Some abortion protesters genuinely believe that some of their tactics are "necessary." It's the old philosophical debate of "do the ends justify the means?"

This organization is like any other in the sense that it is made up by & run by people. People with no accountability run amok. Planned Parenthood should obey laws like everybody else, and if they don't like it, they should continue to lobby for legislative reform. As for the ambush in this article, well, when an organization is very large and controversial, you're going to be scrutinized. How many times have we seen on somebody with a hidden camera on tv? Happens all the time.
    "I've cautiously embraced jeggings"
    Emma Peel aka Pacific Breeze aka Wilde1 aka gogodancer aka maribou

Yip, yip, yip in your tiny indignation. Bark furiously on, lady dog.

PP is a good organization in general, but telling a child to lie or cover up rape is not OK, it's illegal

I'd be pretty pissed if they had given my daughter that advice. 13 is still a minor. It was all an act so it doesn't really matter but a 13 year old with a 31 year old? The abortion part isn't what would anger me, my daughter could come to me to discuss that and hopefully she would. It's the idea of a 31 year old with a 13 year old.

The most important thing is to help teenagers get rid of unwanted pregnancies, everything else is secondary. A 13 year old should not have her life ruined because she has parents who think abortion is wrong. We know a couple who are both catholic and are raising their second grandchild because they don't believe in birth control and refused to let their teenage daughter have abortions.

^^ you're right she should be able to have an abortion, but the most important thing should be protecting a kids safety, IMO. The parents and police have a right to know in this situation.

Elite Member

Does anyone else see the irony of this situation?

Elite Member

I guess I haven't watched the video but I have an inkling maybe it wasn't actually at a PP. Wouldn't put it past em.

Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast

Thread Information