Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Jeb Bush considers run for Senate to continue Dubya's legacy of incompetence

Thumbs down Jeb Bush considers run for Senate to continue Dubya's legacy of incompetence

(CNN) - Former Florida Gov. Jeb Bush is considering a bid for the United Sates Senate, Republican strategist Alex Castellanos told CNN Tuesday.
    Republicans are urging Bush, the president's younger brother, to strongly consider making a bid for the seat currently held by outgoing Republican Sen. Mel Martinez. The first term senator announced Tuesday he would not run for reelection, setting off what's sure to be one of the most hotly-contested Senate battles in 2010.
    Bush, who served as Florida governor from 1999 until 2007 and enjoyed high approval ratings, will take the next month to consider getting into the race, Castellanos said on CNN's The Situation Room. Castellanos is a CNN contributor. Bush also told the Politico he is "considering" getting into the race.
    Should Bush decide to run, his presence would add immediate star power to a race Democrats are likely to make their top target in 2010. But the former governor, who has largely remained out of the spotlight over the last two years, could be hindered by his close association with the unpopular outgoing president.
    "Let me give him some free advice," Paul Begala, a CNN contributor, said. "Change your name. Run as John Ellis not John Ellis Bush. The Bush brand is probably what croaked Mel Martinez."
    According to Florida exit polls on Election Day, just 9 percent of Floridians approve of President Bush’s job performance. But Jeb Bush left office in 2007 with approval ratings well over 60 percent, a sign he could be insulated in the state from his brother's unpopularity.

Since exiting the governor's office, Bush has served on the board of Tenet Healthcare Corporation. He also joined the now-defunct investment bank Lehman Brothers in 2007 as an adviser to its private equity business.
    Bush endorsed McCain's presidential bid last February, though rarely campaigned on his behalf.
    According to published reports, Democrats view Alex Sink, the state's chief financial officer, as the candidate best positioned to run for the seat. Before Martinez's announcement Sink suggested she was uninterested in the run, but it's likely she now may reconsider.
    Democrats are also considering Rep Debbie Wasserman Schultz, a high-profile supporter of Sen. Hillary Clinton's bid, though Schultz's congressional spokesman said it is unlikely she will run. Other Democrats mentioned include Reps. Kendrick Meek and Allen Boyd.
    On the Republican side, Reps. Vern Buchanan and Connie Mack are said to be interested, as well as several GOP state officials.
    Jeb Bush considering Senate run

Considering that Jeb was the governor of Florida in the 2000 election that helped appoint his brother president that family needs to stay out of politics.

Stupidity does run in that family. Did Florida hit the lotto to be endowed with him now as possibly their senator? I bet Texas is glad they have moved on....
    as privileged as a whore...victims in demand for public show, swept out through the cracks beneath the door, holier than thou, how?

Jeb is doing it to keep Sarah Palin from becoming Head Retard of the GOP
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

They think he has a good chance of winning if he runs. Not sure why, I thought he was a crappy governor.

Doesn't Florida have enough problems?

^Yes and it doesn't need to be compounded by good Ole' Jeb coming back.

Go away JEB!
    My grace is sufficient for you, for my my strength is made perfect in weakness...I love you dad!
    Rip Mom

The Bushes are like roaches - just when you think you've gotten rid of them, another one pops up.

Another Bush with power? Masochism is now a national past time?

Wasn't he supposed to be the smart one of their boys? (granted, it's all relative)

You'd think the Bush name would be so tarnished he's be too embarssed to run?

^I would think so, but this is a bush were talking about. They are loony toons.
    The insanity of it, will they never stop inflicting themselves upon the American people.

Silver Member

Cool

just wait for george " i broke into my ex-girlfriend's house and beat up her dad" bush III

used family money to buy her family off from pressing charges

Jeb was not that bad as gov. The one before him was a doozy.

Quote Originally Posted by Grimmlok View Post
    Jeb is doing it to keep Sarah Palin from becoming Head Retard of the GOP

I have a feeling the GOP is still gonna try and run him at some point. NO. MORE. BUSHES. I think the only reason Bush has faked being so contrite about things lately is to go out on a humble note for Jeb's sake in the future.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information