Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Barack Obama continues to shun Faux (Fox) News

Friend of Gossip Rocks! buttmunch's Avatar

Default Barack Obama continues to shun Faux (Fox) News

Today Barack Obama held his fifth news conference since winning the presidency, and for the fifth time, he refused to call on a reporter from FOX. Fishbowl DC has been keeping track.

As we've been documenting, Fox News hasn't gotten a question in during President-elect Barack Obama's five press conferences since the election.

Today was another. Questions instead went to such outlets as ABC, New York Times, CBS, Reuters and the Associated Press.

Despite his one appearance on The Factor, Barack Obama has made clear his disdain for everything FOX News. It's pretty refreshing to see a Democrat realize that he doesn't need to grovel to FOX, no?Crooks and Liars
    I love the fact that he refuses to bow down to them. This will speed their way on the road to irrelevancy.
    'Those who sacrifice liberty for security deserve neither.' Ben Franklin

"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying the cross."
    --Sinclair Lewis

They asked for it.
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by McJag View Post
    They asked for it.

Why? What they do?

Friend of Gossip Rocks! buttmunch's Avatar

Yup they asked for it and continue to do so. But Murdoch is no dummy and his bottom line is far more important than any idealogical slant so I see the future of Faux News being something completely different in about five years.
    'Those who sacrifice liberty for security deserve neither.' Ben Franklin

"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying the cross."
    --Sinclair Lewis

this made me laugh, good for President Obama!

Actually, this is kind of dumb of him. A lot of people watch Fox and if he wants to reach out to the people that don't want him as president this would be the media to do it.
    ><((((>. . `.><((((>><((((>`..`...><((((>.`.. ><((((> `..`...><((((>

No it's not. Not when said "opinion media" station will twist what he says, then get a bunch of neocon talkign heads on to further twist it till they've implanted a whole host of wrong new ideas in the minds of their moron audience that would lap it up without thinking.

Cut off the lies at the source. Don't give them anything. If they want to know about what Obama said, they'll have to turn to ANOTHER station, thus strangling FOX to death.

Good riddance.
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

Quote Originally Posted by buttmunch View Post
    I love the fact that he refuses to bow down to them. This will speed their way on the road to irrelevancy.

I doubt it. Rupert will just go liberal for the next decade.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

Good. Faux News is an embarassment unworthy of presidential consideration.
    My Posts Have Won Awards. Can Any Of You Claim The Same? -ur_next_ex

"I don't have pet peeves. I have major psychotic fucking hatreds, okay". ~George Carlin

Quote Originally Posted by Butterfly View Post
    Actually, this is kind of dumb of him. A lot of people watch Fox and if he wants to reach out to the people that don't want him as president this would be the media to do it.
    It's not dumb at all when you consider how irrelevant Fox News has become now that the Republicans are out of power.

People that hate Obama aren't going to care what he has to say, even if it's on Fox News. Besides, Obama has been giving Fox the cold shoulder for months, minus that one interview he gave O'Reilly. And considering the smear job Fox has done on him they shouldn't be surprised that he's shunning them.

Obama continues to shun Faux, because he only wants to invite the media.

He's only the President-Elect now, what are they whining about? He hasn't taken questions from the National Enquirer either. There's a reason.

He's probably going to wait until inauguration, and then happily offer FAUX News the first question for PRESIDENT OBAMA.

Since hell has already frozen over when Ted Turner and Rupert Murdoch kissed and made up, I expect FAUX to be taking a more centrist view of the issues and shows like Huckabee and PuddingBoy Hannity to be a thing of the past. Not showing up for Palin's pageant walk for Chambliss in Ted's backyard was the first step, IMO.
    as privileged as a whore...victims in demand for public show, swept out through the cracks beneath the door, holier than thou, how?

If I was up your ass you'd know where I am!

Quote Originally Posted by Butterfly View Post
    I agree. He represents all Americans, even ones who watch news stations he doesn't like. I've been catching this station a few times ove rthe past week at a relative's house and I've been pleasantly surprised to hear positive commentary about many of his decisions/appointments so far. At some point, just let it go and try to start fresh. Otherwise it just seems petty and I'd like to think the President of the United States can do better than that. Also, I'm pleased to see that many older folks I know who were against Obama are giving him a fair shake now and really appreciating the way he is assembling his cabinet.
    Only the good die young.........................
    bitches like me live forever!!!!!!!!!!!!

At some point FOX may EARN it. It hasn't yet.

It's still a mouthpiece.
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information