Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Barbara Bush in the hospital

Default Barbara Bush in the hospital

Former First Lady Barbara Bush Has Ulcer Surgery

President Bush's mother was admitted to the hospital Tuesday complaining of abdominal pain, and laproscopic surgery was performed on the same day.

Former first lady Barbara Bush was resting comfortably on Wednesday after having emergency surgery for a perforated ulcer. She will remain in the hospital for monitoring through the Thanksgiving holiday weekend.

Bush, 83, was admitted to The Methodist Hospital in Houston on Tuesday with abdominal pains. She underwent routine, laparoscopic surgery on Tuesday night and was visiting with family on Wednesday, the hospital reported.

"During the procedure last night, surgeons cleansed her abdominal area, then patched and closed a one-centimeter hole in Mrs. Bush's stomach, caused by the ulcer. Mrs. Bush is expected to be discharged from the hospital next week," read a statement issued by the hospital.

While offering his annual pardon to two Thanksgiving turkeys on Wednesday, President Bush said he was thankful for his family and his mother's recovery.

"I'm grateful to Laura for her love. I am grateful for two Thanksgiving miracles ... who we were blessed with 27 years ago, Barbara and Jenna. I'm thankful for the fact that my mother is doing well. ... And this year, we're looking forward to having another place at our Thanksgiving table with a son-in-law," he said.

Former First Lady Barbara Bush Has Ulcer Surgery - FOXNews.com Transition Tracker

Not really crazy about Babs, but bleh, ulcers must really suck.

this is one Bush that i like. I wish her a speedy recovery
    Basic rule of Gossip Rocks: Don't be a dick.Tati
    Lighten Up Francis WCG

If W. was my son, I'd be in the hospital too.

Of course my 666th post had to be about the Bush family

Quote Originally Posted by msdeb View Post
    this is one Bush that i like. I wish her a speedy recovery

Yeah, out of any of the Bush family, she's always rubbed me the wrong way the least.

On the local news earlier, the anchor lady reffered to her as the 83 year old Bush.

Friend of Gossip Rocks! buttmunch's Avatar

She's a control freak of a loon with a nasty attitude. I suppose I feel sorry for anyone with an ulcer but not particularly because it's her. She's a nasty cow.
    'Those who sacrifice liberty for security deserve neither.' Ben Franklin

"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying the cross."
    --Sinclair Lewis

Dubya is said to be more like Babs than Poppy. They say he gets his meanness from her.
    It's no longer a dog whistle, it's a fucking trombone

All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

If I wanted the government in my womb I'd fuck a Senator

Even if she is as nice as can be, she did give birth to him.... It's all her fault

^I wonder if it was like Rosemary's Baby.

"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying the cross."
    --Sinclair Lewis

Jeez, the one decent Bush is gonna die first. How fucking ironic is that?
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

She is not decent! Doesn't anyone remember Bush I, when he was running for VP under Reagan, debating Geraldine Ferraro and afterwards Babs said she didn't want to say what she thought of Ferraro but 'it rhymes with witch'. Or when she made her hatred of Hillary so obvious at a meeting of former first ladies? She had lots of things to say about all of them, but pointedly left out any mention of Hillary because she didn't like her so-called 'feminist ways'? Or maybe no one remembers her defense of the Bush II admin not allowing any pictures of fallen soldiers coming home, something that had never happened before? Try this on for size and then tell me she's good person, a great lady or anything other than a self-absorbed bitch with an enormous sense of entitlement who visited our poor country with that spawn from hell she calls 'son':

"Why should we hear about body bags and deaths," Barbara Bush said on ABC's "Good Morning America" on March 18, 2003. "Oh, I mean, it's not relevant. So why should I waste my beautiful mind on something like that?"

Shall I go on or have you had enough of her 'beautiful mind'.

--Sinclair Lewis

Butt, people have their own opinions. Some of us like Babs, you don't, that's fine. >_>

Elite Member

She also didn't seem to care about Katrina I believe she said something along the lines of "their underprivilged anyways" I think implying who cares that they lost their homes.

I certainly hope she recovers just the same.

dreaming about being on a lake in Ontario

I, like most people, used to love Babs. She came across as a no nonsense granny. However I have since learned in the intervening years that she is a horrible woman. She hated Laura, is ashamed of W. She is the reason he is the way he is. He is like her, and was made to be like her. She's never sorry and is a total stuck-up blueblooded asshole.
    If I can't be a good example, then let me be a horrible warning.

dead yet?
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

Quote Originally Posted by buttmunch View Post
    She is not decent! Doesn't anyone remember Bush I, when he was running for VP under Reagan, debating Geraldine Ferraro and afterwards Babs said she didn't want to say what she thought of Ferraro but 'it rhymes with witch'. Or when she made her hatred of Hillary so obvious at a meeting of former first ladies? She had lots of things to say about all of them, but pointedly left out any mention of Hillary because she didn't like her so-called 'feminist ways'? Or maybe no one remembers her defense of the Bush II admin not allowing any pictures of fallen soldiers coming home, something that had never happened before? Try this on for size and then tell me she's good person, a great lady or anything other than a self-absorbed bitch with an enormous sense of entitlement who visited our poor country with that spawn from hell she calls 'son':

"Why should we hear about body bags and deaths," Barbara Bush said on ABC's "Good Morning America" on March 18, 2003. "Oh, I mean, it's not relevant. So why should I waste my beautiful mind on something like that?"

Shall I go on or have you had enough of her 'beautiful mind'.
    You've convinced me! Sounds like a bitch to me and she's a repug, enough evidence for me!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information