Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: George Bush 'very pleased' with Iraq war outcome

Thumbs down George Bush 'very pleased' with Iraq war outcome

TOKYO (AFP) US President George W. Bush believes the Iraq war was a success and is "very pleased" with what is happening there, he said in a pre-recorded interview broadcast on a Japanese television network Sunday.

"I think the decision to remove Saddam Hussein was right," Bush told the Sunday Project programme of the private Asahi network.

Saddam was an enemy of the United States and a lot of people thought he had weapons of mass destruction, Bush said, adding "remarkable" progress had been made in Iraq since the late dictator was toppled in 2003.

"People have been able to take their troops out of Iraq because Iraq is becoming successful. I'm very pleased with what is taking place there now," he said, adding there still is "a lot of work" to be done.

"We are bringing troops home because of the success in Iraq. But Iraq is not yet completely safe.

"So there will be a US presence for a while there at the request of the Iraqi government," he said.

"The United States is willing to continue to help. Most countries there within a very broad coalition have come home but we want to help this government," he said without further elaborating.

The Japanese network said the interview was conducted in Washington just before Bush left for Asia-Pacific talks in Peru at the weekend.

The Bush presidency has been indelibly marked by the Iraq war, from the invasion spurred by false allegations that Saddam was harbouring weapons of mass destruction to the abuses by US troops of Iraqis in the Abu Ghraib jail.

Some 4,200 US soldiers have been killed in the country in a war which has also cost the US hundreds of billions of dollars.

The war was also a dominant theme of the 2008 White House race, with president-elect Obama vowing to bring home the forces within 16 months.

Bush 'very pleased' with Iraq war outcome: report - Yahoo! News
    Last edited by Belinda; November 24th, 2008 at 11:58 AM.

Saddam was an enemy of the United States and a lot of people thought he had weapons of mass destruction
    He was your friend in the 80's, you supplied him with money and weapons.. oh, and nobody else thought he had WMD's.. that's why nobody except loser countries that you paid (as well as the UK that wanted to feel relevant) joined you in your little misadventure.

Fucking retard.
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

Of course, Dubya is pleased. He's created a giant clusterfuck and he doesn't have to clean it up.

And he just made a bunch of concessions to the Iraqi government which gives them more control of American troops and they can read the mail of the troops. Dubya is really trying to make sure he goes down in history as the worst president ever.

hey GW, why dont you call my cousins mom and tell him how pleased you are. while you are at it, send flowers to his grave since he was killed in Iraq. you fuck.
    Basic rule of Gossip Rocks: Don't be a dick.Tati
    Lighten Up Francis WCG

Come on folks, what else is he supposed to say? That he's personally responsible for the death, displacement, and maiming of millions of Iraqi's? The death and maiming of thousands and thousands of coalition and American lives? Of course this character will say he's pleased with the iraq debacle.

Friend of Gossip Rocks! buttmunch's Avatar

You did a heck of a job (fucking things up) Georgie.
    'Those who sacrifice liberty for security deserve neither.' Ben Franklin

"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying the cross."
    --Sinclair Lewis

He's such a fuck-up, I can't wait till he's out of office

I don't know how he can live with himself. The only way I can see is if he thinks he was sent to do what he did by God and therefore that's all that matters.

Wearing a traditional Peruvian poncho, President George W. Bush gestures as Japan's Prime Minister Taro Aso stands below before the official group photo of the 16th summit of the Asian Pacific Economic Cooperation, APEC, in Lima, Sunday, Nov. 23, 2008.(AP Photo/Lawrence Jackson)

another chimp face.
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

Elite Member

Why do the evil so often live long cushy lives? Just wonderin'.

.. because good is dumb?

Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by celeb_2006 View Post
    Come on folks, what else is he supposed to say? That he's personally responsible for the death, displacement, and maiming of millions of Iraqi's? The death and maiming of thousands and thousands of coalition and American lives? Of course this character will say he's pleased with the iraq debacle.
    Well, at least it would be the truth. Did you guys see they caught W on tape at the Peru photo call drinking the very alcoholic Peruvian National drink. He was really slurry when he was speeking afterwards. You know if he's started to drink in public, it's probably been going on at 1600 Pennsylvania Avenue for a while now.

Shrub lives in his own little world of a delusionary reality. Has for years.

Drink up, George. It's almost over.

Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by scooter View Post
    Well, at least it would be the truth. Did you guys see they caught W on tape at the Peru photo call drinking the very alcoholic Peruvian National drink. He was really slurry when he was speeking afterwards. You know if he's started to drink in public, it's probably been going on at 1600 Pennsylvania Avenue for a while now.
    Is this on youtube?

W's been drunk on delusions for a long time.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information