Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mike Huckabee: Gays don't get beaten enough to take seriously

Default Mike Huckabee: Gays don't get beaten enough to take seriously

Mike Huckabee Says It's Not Civil Rights Until 'Skull's Cracked'

Just days after a 22 year-old Syracuse woman was murdered because she was gay, former Arkansas Governor Mike Huckabee asserted on The View today that gay civil rights should not be taken seriously because "[b]lacks were stoned, hung, and dragged for their constitutional right to ’sit at the table.’ Whites — gay or not — already had a seat at that table.”

Where to begin? A police report out today says 22 year-old Moses "Teish" Cannon was shot outside a party in Syracuse, NY last Friday because she was a lesbian.

Last week in Memphis, Duanna Johnson, a transexual was murdered execution-style. 15 year-old Lawrence King was murdered earlier this year for being gay. 16.6% of all hate crimes are directed at LGBT Americans. 4 out of 10 gay men are the victims of homophobia-related violence, as is 1 in 8 lesbians and bisexuals.

If Huckabee thinks it's not a civil rights movement until somebody's "skull's cracked", if violence directed on a people is the most important metric to him, then he owed the gay community an immediate apology– not just for being willfully ignorant of the ongoing violence against LGBT Americans, but inviting further violence by recklessly implying that it's only when people get physically attacked that their views should be taken seriously.
    [youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4UkXo9tCv48&eurl=http://www.queerty.com/huckabee-says-its-not-civil-rights-until-skulls-cracked-20081119/[/youtube]
    Mike Huckabee Says It's Not Civil Rights Until 'Skull's Cracked' / Queerty
    "If you are not outraged, then you are not paying attention," Heather Heyer's facebook quote.

okay, so black people deserve rights, but gay people don't? seriously?!!!! how can people think like that?
    white, black, puerto rican/everybody just a freakin'/good times were rollin'.

I don't think Mike Huckabee should be taken seriously until we kick the shit out of him either.
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

So many things wrong with the statement, but I'll point out that gay people are not only white, so even if the white gays were 'at the table' that still leaves out any non-white gays. It also overlooks the fact that the white gays were probably in the closet--precisely to avoid having their skulls cracked-- and they were 'passing' as straight and if others knew who they "really" were, they wouldn't be at that table.

To summarize, Huckabee is still an ignorant ass in sheep's clothing. He seems like a jolly fellow, but statements like these are dangerous.

Maybe all his hair product will give him brain cancer.
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

This guy has seriously gone off the rails. Shouldn't he and Sarah Palin be taken to some remote island where we don't have to listen to their particular brand of stupidity any longer --- errr wait, SEPARATE islands - what with the Palin fertile myrtal issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Grimmlok View Post
    I don't think Mike Huckabee should be taken seriously until we kick the shit out of him either.

I wouldn't cry, after watching that video. It was kind of him to step on that show while his white sheet and hood were at the cleaners and spew a bunch of garbage, but don't be fooled.

also, I don't want to think on this really hard right now because it's sad and complicated but what he's really saying is 'beating faggots doesn't count' because they asked for it. Gay is about sex and all sex is bad but the only sex that God will let slide, even though it's filthy and dirty and perverted, is het missionary initiated by the man. If it falls outside of those parameters then you invoke God's wrath and you deserve whatever you get.

Who was that preacher guy whose wife had narcolepsy and he would rape her anally every time she had an episode? That one was rich, that's how twisted these people are and if I were Huckabee's neighbor and had a kid or a dog or even a goat I'd build a six foot high electric fence with a surveillance system.

I'm just waiting until a gay black muslim approaches him....watch his head explode.

Silver Member

A very close friend of mine was a victim of a hate crime for being gay. In the hospital for weeks. One person is enough for it to be taken seriously.

Hit By Ban Bus!

Palin/Mike for 2012. Obama's super duper landslide

^^ that, or the 4th Reich.

Huckabee is a nutcase, and so ignorant it's sad. A close friend of mine was beaten by his father for being gay and threatened by kids at school all the time. Not to mention the fact that obviously not all gay people are white.

This man is disgusting. Why would anyone take him seriously?

I agree. How can we when he hasn't had his head kicked in?

Someone should take care of this post haste.

Quote Originally Posted by Hasdrubal View Post
    Palin/Mike for 2012. Obama's super duper landslide

Ughh...the thought of watching them try to out-christian each other for two months is enough to make me heave...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information