Thread: Sarah Palin rears her head, congratulates Mark Begich on Senate win

Default Sarah Palin rears her head, congratulates Mark Begich on Senate win

WASHINGTON (CNN) – Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin is congratulating Anchorage Mayor Mark Begich on winning his Senate race against veteran lawmaker Ted Stevens.
    “I extend my congratulations to Mark Begich and his family,” Palin said in a statement released by her office Wednesday. “This is a new era for Alaska and I look forward to working with Mark on the many issues that are important to our state. I am confident he will add a compelling new voice to the U.S. Senate.”
    "I also thank Senator Ted Stevens for his 40 years of dedicated service to Alaska,” the statement said. “His tireless efforts on behalf of the state he loves have benefited all those who call it home. Todd and I join all Alaskans in gratitude to Sen. Stevens."
    Palin wasn’t always so effusive toward Stevens, the longest serving Republican in the Senate. During her vice presidential bid, after Stevens was indicted on seven felony counts, she would not say whether she planned to vote for the senator in his re-election bid.
    In October, after Stevens was found guilty of making false statements on his financial disclosure reports, Palin initially said it was “a sad day” for Alaska but did not call for the senator to step down. The next day, in a television appearance with John McCain, Palin went a step further and said Stevens should indeed resign.
    On Election Day in her hometown of Wasilla, Palin refused to say if she voted for Stevens.
    “I am also exercising my right to privacy, and I don't have to tell anybody who I vote for, nobody does, and that’s really cool about America also,” she told a reporter.
    Palin congratulates Begich on Senate win
    Palin probably has her witch-hunter making a voodoo doll of Begich to go with her ones of Obama, Biden & McCain.

"Todd and I" - does she ALWAYS have to include the First Dud in everything she says?

Friend of Gossip Rocks! buttmunch's Avatar

Because he's the one running the show.
    'Those who sacrifice liberty for security deserve neither.' Ben Franklin

"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying the cross."
    --Sinclair Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by Brookie View Post
    "Todd and I" - does she ALWAYS have to include the First Dud in everything she says?
    Quote Originally Posted by buttmunch View Post
    Because he's the one running the show.
    Anyone else notice how he's ALWAYS standing at her shoulder in just about every fricking picture taken of her? I think with the exception of when she's on stage somewhere (like the Repub Governor convention), he's right there next to her.

I guess her puppet strings don't reach very far.
    "The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits."

Yep, it still creeps me out how he was obviously seething at McCain's concession speech, like he was thinkging 'all this could have been mine'. Sigh...he might be behind some of the stuff that she did without the go-ahead from McCain, like bringing up Ayers and talking to "Sarkozy".

Thread Information