Thread: Gov. Rick Perry grabs Sarah Palin by the arm and pulls her away from microphone

Bronze Member

Default Gov. Rick Perry grabs Sarah Palin by the arm and pulls her away from microphone

Michael Shaw: Reading The Pictures: Rough Handling Between Sarah And the Govs?

Visit URL To See Images of Gov. Perry Pulling Sarah Palin By The Arm.

Is there resentment at hand between SP and the GOP?
    Even though the media touted it as Sarah Palin press conference, the press event yesterday at the Republican Governors Conference was designed and intended as a press conference for all the governors.
    After his own opening remarks, Texas Governor and chairman of the organization Rick Perry did introduce Palin who she spoke for several minutes about the goals of the organization. At that point, however, Perry opened up the floor to questions for the group.
    With reporters having been deprived of spontaneous access to Palin throughout the presidential campaign, however, it didn't take much imagination to know where this was heading.
    If you watch the video, you can see how Palin (at about the 9:20 mark) steps back into line with the other governors having already answered the first three questions -- Palin using most of the last one to emphasize how much she's just part of the group.
    At that point, Perry forcefully moved to the podium and announced there would only be one more question. He then pointed to one of the reporters and specifically asked: "Who do you want?
    Although it happened quickly and could easily be taken as stage management, it is interesting how a severe-looking Perry actually grips Palin's arm to put her back at the podium (SP grimacing for an instant less for the grip than for the awkwardness) as her number comes up again.
    I'm not familiar with the agenda, but I could well imagine the press session (which reports indicated ended abruptly) having gone on much longer if the other governors were in on the action. Again, these are smooth operators, but Perry's handling seemed at least partly reflective of a resentment the other governors must be feeling toward their diva counterpart.
    (Also see: newswire shot of Perry pulling at his pocket flap while looking at Palin, and CSPAN video of the 12 minute session.)

*bewildered*
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

Hit By Ban Bus!
    squirrels in the morning, squirrels in the evening, squirrels at suppertime!

Yeah baby, let them man-handle her all the way back up to the tundra of Alaska.

Maybe he should have tazered her.

Finally somebody found some sense.

Thread Information