Thread: Sarah Palin quotes displaying her brilliance and political acumen

Default Sarah Palin quotes displaying her brilliance and political acumen

Channeling Yoda:
    But not for me personally were those cheers for.
    Trying for a Dubya / Quayle hybrid:
    Sitting here in these chairs that Iím going to be proposing but in working with these governors who again on the front lines are forced to and itís our privileged obligation to find solutions to the challenges facing our own states every day being held accountable, not being just one of many just casting votes or voting present every once in a while, we donít get away with that.
    Celebrating national backwards day (when the first amendment protects the government from the people, rather than the other way around):
    If [the media] convince enough voters that that is negative campaigning, for me to call Barack Obama out on his associations then I donít know what the future of our country would be in terms of First Amendment rights and our ability to ask questions without fear of attacks by the mainstream media.
    Geography goof-ups:
    They are also building schools for the Afghan children so that there is hope and opportunity in our neighboring country of Afghanistan.
    Dictator in chief:
    Iím the mayor, I can do whatever I want until the courts tell me I canít.

Finally, Sarah Palin gave a press conference yesterday, which answers the burning question of why she was not allowed to give one during the campaign. Highlights:
    [youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=44x4RBjQTNc&eurl=http://politicalirony.com/2008/11/14/the-palin-principle/[/youtube]
    Political Irony õ The Palin Principle
    ----------------------------------------------
    So, I hear that Wasilla is the meth capital of Alaska. Was everyone stoned out of their gourds when voting for her?
    "If you are not outraged, then you are not paying attention," Heather Heyer's facebook quote.

Trying to dissect Palin's babble gives me a headache whether I'm hearing it or reading it.

(1)Sitting here in these chairs that I’m going to be proposing

(2) but in working with these governors who again on the front lines are forced to

(3) and it’s our privileged obligation to find solutions to the challenges facing our own states

(4) every day being held accountable, not being just one of many

(5)just casting votes or voting present every once in a while, we don’t get away with that.
    5 fucking separate ideas she started then abandoned

I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

yep, she goes from slogan to slogan. She doesn't know what they mean, she just slaps them together and hopes they make sense. She's as stupid as Reagan and Bush put together so of course the fundies are going to worship her, she makes them feel good about being morons themselves.

I've listened to her speaking and it drives me nuts. She uses all those little phrases strung together into something that should resemble a sentence but does not. There are no coherent thoughts anywhere just a collection of "key" words. I've been thinking that the people who idolize her and think that she's brilliant must have brains that are wired to light up at the mention of the key words or phrases and release endorphins or something because she makes no sense whatsoever.
    "If you are not outraged, then you are not paying attention," Heather Heyer's facebook quote.

Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by twitchy2.0 View Post
    I've listened to her speaking and it drives me nuts. She uses all those little phrases strung together into something that should resemble a sentence but does not. There are no coherent thoughts anywhere just a collection of "key" words. I've been thinking that the people who idolize her and think that she's brilliant must have brains that are wired to light up at the mention of the key words or phrases and release endorphins or something because she makes no sense whatsoever.
    Or they aren't listening to her at all.

Cracking The Code

Posted on November 12th, 2008 by Daniel Larison

Peter Suderman says that he doesnít understand this Palin statement:
    Sitting here in these chairs that Iím going to be proposing but in working with these governors who again on the front lines are forced to and itís our privileged obligation to find solutions to the challenges facing our own states every day being held accountable, not being just one of many just casting votes or voting present every once in a while, we donít get away with that. We have to balance budgets and weíre dealing with multibillion dollar budgets and tens of thousands of employees in our organizations.
    I have concluded that the problem that so many people have in understand what Palin is saying is that we make the mistake of assuming that all of the words have some reason for being there. What we have to do instead is decrypt her message by filtering out all of the confusing chatter that keeps her statements encoded and difficult to follow. Letís take the first sentence, and identify the essential elements in bold:
    Sitting here in these chairs that Iím going to be proposing but in working with these governors who again on the front lines are forced to and itís our privileged obligation to find solutions to the challenges facing our own states every day being held accountable, not being just one of many just casting votes or voting present every once in a while, we donít get away with that.
    See? If you just cut out about 60% of what she says, it hangs together nicely. By comparison, the second sentence is a piece of cake. Pretty much every word in the second sentence serves a function. Once reporters and voters acquire sufficient training in Palinonics, there should be no more misunderstandings.

Eunomia Ľ Cracking The Code

I'd like to cut out everything Palin says.

It's hard to believe there are people that stupid.

Thread Information