Thread: Republican Governors don't defend Sarah Palin

Default Republican Governors don't defend Sarah Palin

But What About Palin?
    Posted Nov 12, 2008 by William March
    Updated Nov 12, 2008 at 06:26 PM

One person who isn’t being blamed for McCain’s loss Nov. 4 at a meeting of Republican governors and strategists in Miami today is vice presidential nominee Sarah Palin.

But they aren’t exactly leaping to defend her, either.

A surprising moment occurred late this afternoon in a press roundtable featuring Govs. Tim Pawlenty of Minnesota and Jon Huntsman of Utah, former Ebay CEO and McCain national campaign co-chairman Meg Whitman, and former OMB Director Rob Portman.

A reporter asked whether they would have felt comfortable with Palin as president. After a moment of awkward silence, there were several answers given—but no one said “yes.”

Whitman, who had traveled the campaign trail with Palin, was the first to venture a response: “It’s hard to speculate – she is incredibly enthusiastic, a very fast study,” she said.

Huntsman then said, “I don’t think it’s as simple as yes or no – were the raw ingredients there? She’d been an effective leader in Alaska.”

Pawlenty then called her “an extremely talented person. We’re still getting to know her. John McCain made it very clear that one of his criteria [for a running mate] was that that person was ready to be president from Day One. ... I would have to defer to his judgment.”

The Republicans also made it clear Palin injected a badly needed spirit of enthusiasm into the McCain campaign.

“She energized the base in a way that was necessary,” Portman said.

March On Politics: But What About Palin? - from TBO.com Breaking News

Not surprising they didn't rush to defend her. I'm sure they are tired of being asked about her constantly.

Won't this imbecile EVER GO AWAY?

Let's start a fund here to have her stay far far away in another land - Alaska. Seriously - I'll pay her to stay off my TV stations and out of my favorite websites. Like this one.

well she wont be getting into the senate.. looks like alaska's stevens has lost
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

Friend of Gossip Rocks! buttmunch's Avatar

^^Really? She will now be formulating another plan to keep her whiny voice on the airwaves. I think, by the way, that it's hilarious and very telling that they won't outright get behind her. The plebs in the GOP like her but the brass doesn't seem to. I'm going to sit back and watch how this one plays out.
    'Those who sacrifice liberty for security deserve neither.' Ben Franklin

"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying the cross."
    --Sinclair Lewis

Some Republican governors tell CNN they were not particularly happy with the way the Republican Governors Association press conference was executed Thursday, saying that they agreed to go as a show of GOP governors’ unity — but they ended up feeling like silent Palin supporters, since it was clearly a press conference called for her.

The GOP governors spoke to CNN on condition of anonymity.

One called it awkward: “I’m sure you could see it on some of our faces.”
    Another Republican governor eyeing a presidential run in 2012 told CNN the event was “odd” and “weird,” and said it “unfortunately sent a message that she was the de facto leader of the party."

There has been palpable tension among some GOP governors gathered in Miami that Palin has been sucking up all the media oxygen.

In an interview with CNN, Mississippi Gov. Haley Barbour shrugged off that suggestion.

"That's just somebody running down a rabbit trail. There's plenty of oxygen here,” he said.

CNN Political Ticker: All politics, all the time Blog Archive - GOP governors unhappy with Palin press conference « - Blogs from CNN.com

I'm sure most of the governors are ready for her to go back to Alaska and stay there.

Quote Originally Posted by Belindagogo View Post
    Some Republican governors tell CNN they were not particularly happy with the way the Republican Governors Association press conference was executed Thursday, saying that they agreed to go as a show of GOP governors’ unity — but they ended up feeling like silent Palin supporters, since it was clearly a press conference called for her.

The GOP governors spoke to CNN on condition of anonymity.

One called it awkward: “I’m sure you could see it on some of our faces.”
    Another Republican governor eyeing a presidential run in 2012 told CNN the event was “odd” and “weird,” and said it “unfortunately sent a message that she was the de facto leader of the party."

There has been palpable tension among some GOP governors gathered in Miami that Palin has been sucking up all the media oxygen.

In an interview with CNN, Mississippi Gov. Haley Barbour shrugged off that suggestion.

"That's just somebody running down a rabbit trail. There's plenty of oxygen here,” he said.

CNN Political Ticker: All politics, all the time Blog Archive - GOP governors unhappy with Palin press conference « - Blogs from CNN.com

I'm sure most of the governors are ready for her to go back to Alaska and stay there.
    I think we all better get used to Palin sucking up the oxygen for years to come. Sarah Plain & Stupid got a taste of the big city and she's not satisfied with being on the farm anymore.

Sarah Palin is like a bad cold you can't get rid of. Bitch!

Quote Originally Posted by cmmdee View Post
    Sarah Palin is like a bad cold you can't get rid of. Bitch!

Human herpee.

Thread Information