Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: AIG receives another 40 million, celebrates with 300 grand resort bash

Friend of Gossip Rocks! buttmunch's Avatar

Default AIG receives another 40 million, celebrates with 300 grand resort bash

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ov-BRlN5Yj0[/YOUTUBE]

Even as the company was pleading the federal government for another $40 billion dollars in loans, AIG sent top executives to a secret gathering at a luxury resort in Phoenix last week.
    Brian Ross investigates the AIG executives' latest "business seminar."

Reporters for abc15.com (KNXV) caught the AIG executives on hidden cameras poolside and leaving the spa at the Pointe Hilton Squaw Peak Resort, despite apparent efforts by the company to disguise its involvement.

"AIG made significant efforts to disguise the conference, making sure there were no AIG logos or signs anywhere on the property," KNXV reported.

(click here to see the full KNXV report)

A hotel employee told KNXV reporter Josh Bernstein, "We can't even say the word [AIG]."

A company spokesperson, Nick Ashooh, confirmed AIG instructed the hotel to make sure there were no AIG signs or mention of the company by staff.

"We're trying to avoid confrontation, keep our profile low," said Ashooh. "Some of our employees have been harassed." ABC News: Another AIG Resort "Junket": Top Execs Caught on Tape

There's a great report at the link. I can't get it to show up here but it tells teh story in full. Dickheads.
    'Those who sacrifice liberty for security deserve neither.' Ben Franklin

"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying the cross."
    --Sinclair Lewis

I'm so happy to see AIG execs doing well since the bailout!!! Yeah!! I'm sure the many thousands of Americans being layed off with no type of 'bailout' will be thrilled for them, too. This shit just makes me sick.
    I'm not quite drunk enough to really care, but is this her violation of her violation of her violation of her violation of probation or her violation of her violation of her violation of her probation????? ~MontanaMama on LL's latest arrest.

Ok,this just chaps me into oblivion. Something has to be done and they need to pay back every damn penny. Party's over.
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

sucking on a blow pop and playing with electrodes

AIG canceled my insurance policy in September.
    KILLING ME WON'T BRING BACK YOUR GOD DAMNED HONEY!!!!!!!!!!

Come on, let's have lots of drinks.

Fuck you all, I'm going viral.

Mother. Fuckers!!!!

Burns my assss!!!

JKM - consider yourself lucky to be rid of these assholes.

Everyone else - take your business elsewhere. If they have no customers, they'll be nothing to bail out. They will eventually cease to exist.

AIG tried to get us to switch our insurance to theirs. they pursued us like crazy. we almost did, but for whatever reason we didnt, and now i'm GLAD! fuckers.
    Basic rule of Gossip Rocks: Don't be a dick.Tati
    Lighten Up Francis WCG

SVZ

Quote Originally Posted by Quazar View Post
    JKM - consider yourself lucky to be rid of these assholes.

Everyone else - take your business elsewhere. If they have no customers, they'll be nothing to bail out. They will eventually cease to exist.
    most of their customers are from businesses, not people. they actually do need these conferences to function as they take work from smaller insurance companies that aren't able to handle it.

But the point is that the bigwigs were not at any conferences, they were working out, swimming, etc. And quite frankly, change the way biz is done. This is absolute and utter bullshit.

"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying the cross."
    --Sinclair Lewis

This is absolute bullshit. They're spending taxpayer money to fund their lavish parties when those same taxpayers can barely afford to buy food or pay their bills. Why are these worthless assholes allowed to keep spending money like this? They should have to pay back every cent they bilked and defrauded taxpayers out of. Fuckers.

Quote Originally Posted by SVZ View Post
    most of their customers are from businesses, not people. they actually do need these conferences to function as they take work from smaller insurance companies that aren't able to handle it.
    True.....

And I do NOT want to defend them, god no.

I worked for them for 5 yrs. I worked HARD for them for those years. Life was good believe me. Money not an issue. Ever.

So difficult to see this happen now. And I mean because of what is happening to OTHERS---not the AIG Exec's. They don't deserve our pity. The people that don't have the bail outs do.

I should say however, and I know its not a popular thing to say, but IF AIG went under.........I don't think anyone would like the fallout. Seriously....it would be absolutely catastrophic. Really.

Quote Originally Posted by SVZ View Post
    Then company decision-makers should take their business elsewhere. The best way to get the message across to a company, regardless of what they produce, is to hit them where it hurts - the pocketbook. In this place and time, I can't imagine someone making a decision to do business with AIG. There have to be other alternatives.

Quote Originally Posted by LynnieD View Post
    True.....

And I do NOT want to defend them, god no.

I worked for them for 5 yrs. I worked HARD for them for those years. Life was good believe me. Money not an issue. Ever.

So difficult to see this happen now. And I mean because of what is happening to OTHERS---not the AIG Exec's. They don't deserve our pity. The people that don't have the bail outs do.

I should say however, and I know its not a popular thing to say, but IF AIG went under.........I don't think anyone would like the fallout. Seriously....it would be absolutely catastrophic. Really.

That may be true,but maybe if the big wigs running the joint didn't blow through money like it's water by paying for lavish,and unnecessary parties(not to mention their ridiculous salaries and bonuses),they wouldn't be standing there with their grubby hand out ready to take taxpayer money to save them from going under.

I loathe corporate greed,and to me,they're being rewarded for sticking us with their bills to pay off. They shouldn't be spending any money they got from the bailout for anything other than what is necessary. A big expensive vacation on us isn't exactly necessary.

Maybe if the CEO's took a (even small) pay cut, they (along with other big businesses) wouldn't be in as big of mess.

At the beginning of this year when all the airlines were in trouble only 2 CEO's actually had the balls to take a pay cut.
    Midwest airlines CEO took a 40% cut, and JetBlue's CEO took a 50% cut.

One thing that we're all missing is that when you watch the reporter's story at the link it's extremely clear that AIG was doing everything possible to keep this excursion secret. They didn't allow their name to be used, staff was instructed to not say anything to anyone, etc. If they felt this was a legitimate business outing then they'd be open about it. And fuck 'em anyway. The CEO toweling himself off after his gym work out while conferences were supposedly going on is enough for me to say fire his scrawny ass pronto.

--Sinclair Lewis

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information