Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: And now the hard work... Sarah Palin sorts clothes

Default And now the hard work... Sarah Palin sorts clothes

WASILLA, Alaska Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin spent part of the weekend going through her clothing to determine what belongs to the Republican Party after it spent $150,000-plus on a wardrobe for the vice presidential nominee, according to Palin's father.
    Palin and John McCain's campaign faced a storm of criticism over the tens of thousands of dollars spent at such high-end stores as Saks Fifth Avenue and Neiman Marcus to dress the nominee. Republican National Committee lawyers are still trying to determine exactly what clothing was bought for Palin, what was returned and what has become of the rest.
    Palin's father, Chuck Heath, said his daughter spent Saturday trying to figure out what belongs to the RNC.
    "She was just frantically ... trying to sort stuff out," Heath said. "That's the problem, you know, the kids lose underwear, and everything has to be accounted for.
    "Nothing goes right back to normal," he said.
    Heath dismissed the clothes controversy as "ridiculous" and said his daughter told him the only clothing or accessories she personally had purchased in the last four months was a pair of shoes.
    RNC lawyers have been discussing with Palin whether what's left of the clothing and accessories purchased for her on the campaign trail will go to charity, back to stores or be paid for by Palin, a McCain-Palin campaign official said Friday, speaking on condition of anonymity because the campaign hadn't authorized comment.
    The McCain-Palin campaign said about a third of the clothing was returned immediately because it was the wrong size, or for other reasons. However, other purchases apparently were made after that, the campaign official said.
    On Friday, Palin told reporters: "Those are the RNC's clothes. They're not my clothes. I never forced anybody to buy anything."
    In an interview with the Anchorage Daily News, Palin faulted the policies of the Bush administration for the defeat of the GOP ticket, and said, "it's amazing that we did as well as we did."
    "I think the Republican ticket represented too much of the status quo, too much of what had gone on in these last eight years, that Americans were kind of shaking their heads like going, wait a minute, how did we run up a $10 trillion debt in a Republican administration? How have there been blunders with war strategy under a Republican administration? If we're talking change, we want to get far away from what it was that the present administration represented and that is to a great degree what the Republican Party at the time had been representing," Palin said in a story published Sunday.
    Amid speculation in Alaska and nationwide about Palin's political future, the governor has scheduled a series of national interviews on Fox News Channel on Monday night, NBC's "Today" show on Tuesday and CNN on Wednesday. She also plans to attend the Republican Governors Association conference in Florida this week.
    Palin has been mentioned as a possible presidential candidate in 2012. She also could seek re-election in 2010 or challenge Sen. Lisa Murkowski. Still uncertain is the fate of Sen. Ted Stevens, who is leading in his bid for another term but could be ousted by the Senate for his conviction on seven felony counts of failing to report more than $250,000 in gifts, mostly renovations on his home. If Stevens loses his seat, Palin could run for it in a special election.
    In Wasilla, her hometown backers welcomed her, putting aside their disappointment over her unsuccessful bid.
    Jessica Steele can't wait to see what Sarah Palin does next not with her political career, but with her hair.
    "That's something I want to talk to her about: What's our vision for her hair?" says Steele, proprietor of the Beehive Beauty Shop and keeper of the governor's up-do since 2002. "I can't wait to see her and say, 'OK, I've got you alone for three hours. Just relax, and how are you, really?'"
    While Palin remains popular, the reality of defeat is evident.

Bags of fan mail, as many as 400 letters a day, partially fill a room at her parent's house. But parents no longer meet Secret Service agents when they pick up their children at Cottonwood Creek Elementary, where Palin's youngest daughter, Piper, is a student. The reporters and camera crews are gone from the Palin home on Lake Lucille, once patrolled by Coast Guard boats. Now a thick sheet of ice covers the lake.
    Four state troopers still guard the governor 24 hours a day, Heath said something Palin never had before. And in a bit of familiarity, Heath said he brought a pot of moose chili to Palin's house this past weekend.

______

I only posted this for the bolded portion. The whole baby mama drama/teenage pregnany now makes sense. Hell, if the kids lose their underwear all over the country, I guess we should be lucky that there aren't more Palin nitwits running around.

the most interesting thing about this is the continued silence of Palin's mother. Oh, but there is a story behind the mom who is never quoted in the media, aside from saying she has no idea where Palin got her religious fervor and doesn't remember her being interested in anything but sports.

WTF? is Moose Chili and who would eat that shit!

I don''t know if she really fucked the board though. Maybe just put the tip in. -Mrs. Dark

Palin is interested in anything that will award her power. She knows religion is used for that purpose. She's a typical repug: control the masses through their stupidity instead of appealing to their better nature

a petty tyrant with stupid hair. Where have we seen that...

I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

Friend of Gossip Rocks! buttmunch's Avatar

Heath dismissed the clothes controversy as "ridiculous" and said his daughter told him the only clothing or accessories she personally had purchased in the last four months was a pair of shoes.

And that's the problem: she didn't buy anything...all the money for her clothes came from donor's pockets. Are they thick?
    'Those who sacrifice liberty for security deserve neither.' Ben Franklin

"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying the cross."
    --Sinclair Lewis

Um, yeah, she spent 150K on underwear.

Bronze Member

Underwear???

Why is the Republican Party buying her children underwear when she is the governor of a state and can easily afford to buy her children some underwear?

Why would she buy her own children's underwear on someone else's dime???

Quote Originally Posted by Elyse View Post
    Why would she buy her own children's underwear on someone else's dime???
    Because like everything else about this woman...she is a f*ing bitch.

sucking on a blow pop and playing with electrodes

How exactly do they lose their underwear?
    KILLING ME WON'T BRING BACK YOUR GOD DAMNED HONEY!!!!!!!!!!

Come on, let's have lots of drinks.

Fuck you all, I'm going viral.

I love how she hauled all this stuff up to Alaska after saying it wasn't hers and she had no intention of keeping any of it.
    "But I am very poorly today & very stupid & I hate everybody & everything." -- Charles Darwin

"Trump is, in my opinion, the first woman president of the United States." -- Roseanne Barr

If I was up your ass you'd know where I am!

I'm glad her ticket did not win but I honestly believe a lot of this gossip about her is blown out of proportion by people who are quick to lap up any negative thing that is suggested about her. I don't agree with many of her political positions. Period. That's all I need.

I don't believe she went shooping at Neimen Marcus and bought all this stuff. I do beleive it was bought for her by slick campaign strategists and she just took it as it came. And now that the election is over some sore loser on the McCain end of things is just throwing a bunch of shit up against the wall to see how much of it will stick, because I haven't seen any credible source of this info be identified by name and take ownership of these accusations. People who hate her will be willing to believe anything negative said about her, the more scathing the better, and will require no proof whatsoever. It actually reminds me a lot of the people who believe Obama is a Muslim terrorist sympathiser due to various alleged connections and such.

I'm just over all of it. It brings out the worst in everyone and yet no one seems to recognize it in themselves.
    Only the good die young.........................
    bitches like me live forever!!!!!!!!!!!!

^^ You mean like her father?

If I was up your ass you'd know where I am!

^^Has he said she went into these stores with her family with a let them eat cake attitude and just grabbed stuff off the racks at random? Because I haven't seen that for myself.
    Only the good die young.........................
    bitches like me live forever!!!!!!!!!!!!

She used a personal shopper by the name of Jeff Larson apparently.
    "But I am very poorly today & very stupid & I hate everybody & everything." -- Charles Darwin

"Trump is, in my opinion, the first woman president of the United States." -- Roseanne Barr

Uh, well actually she tried to pin it on a specific "assistant", and that assistant was having none of it and told her to shove it
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information