Thread: Literary agents scrambling to sign Sarah Palin to multimillion-dollar contracts

Bronze Member

Default Literary agents scrambling to sign Sarah Palin to multimillion-dollar contracts

Dammit, her 15 min. is still lingering on.

TALENT SHOPS COURTING PALIN

November 9, 2008 --

SARAH Palin won't be vice president, but she won the hearts of talent scouts and literary agents who are scrambling to sign her to multimillion-dollar contracts.

CAA, ICM, William Morris, Paradigm and other agencies "smell books, talk shows and commentary for Fox and CNN" as possibilities for the Alaska governor, West Coast PR man Hal Lifson told us.

"There are several of our imprints who are eager to talk to Governor Palin," Random House spokesman Stuart Applebaum said. "She clearly has a constituency and
    we know books by conservatively-centered politicos usually sell very, very well."

Public-relations powerhouse Howard Rubenstein added, "She's poised to make a ton of money." But he warned, "She ought to keep an eye on what her goals are for 2012. If she plays a game and looks foolish, if she sounds like she doesn't know what she's talking about - like saying Africa is a country - she may talk herself out of a political job."

Linda Mann, president of Mann Media, which books celebrities and fashionistas for TV, noted, "Her buzz is incredible. She has car-wreck appeal. You're compelled to watch, hoping she'll say the dumbest things possible. I'd propose a show combining her love of fashion and lack of brainpower - 'Project Dumbway.' "

What kind of money can Palin expect? "That's an interesting question because everybody will compare what she gets to the book deal Tina Fey reportedly made - $6 million," said one high-ranking publishing source. "No matter what it is, the betting is she'll sign a deal by the end of the month."

One agency not expected to pursue Palin is Endeavor, for the simple reason that its founder, Ari Emanuel, is a rabid Democrat and brother of Illinois Congressman Rahm Emanuel, who has been tapped as Barack Obama's chief of staff.

TALENT SHOPS COURTING PALIN- New York Post

Elite Member

It makes me sick to think that this useless ignorant piece of shit will be a multi-millionaire while a lot of people who are honest, smart, hardworking and decent are struggling to make ends meet

^^She's the Paris Hilton of American politics.

racist skank!
    "If you are not outraged, then you are not paying attention," Heather Heyer's facebook quote.

^^
    lol

i'm surprised judith regan isn't knocking on her door with a book deal.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

a 'rabid democrat'?

lolololol. Careful now, his brother is in a pretty powerful position. I think she'll come off much better in print, I cannot stand that 'mental hiccup' she always does, where she starts a sentence, changes gear, starts another sentence, throws a jingoistic verb phrase in there like "working for the people of this great nation", says a couple more phrases and then lowers her voice at the end as if to suggest that that was really a sentence. It drives me nuts.

It would be interesting to see her run in 2012 and not get the nom because probably what would happen (I hope) is something like PUMA on our side where the klannies and the militia people and the women-hating women just refuse to vote. This could end up being a very good thing.

Just to make sure she violates a few more Alaskan ethics laws? They have some pretty clear rules on profiting from public office on the North Slope.

"Her buzz is incredible. She has car-wreck appeal. You're compelled to watch, hoping she'll say the dumbest things possible. I'd propose a show combining her love of fashion and lack of brainpower - 'Project Dumbway.' "

And may I add **snort**

Thread Information