Thread: List of potential Barack Obama cabinet posts

Default List of potential Barack Obama cabinet posts

(CNN) – Barack Obama is considering a mix of Washington insiders and high-profile business executives to head various cabinet positions, one source involved in the cabinet gathering process told CNN.

For Secretary of State, Massachusetts Sen. John Kerry is high on the list. Also on the list is Connecticut Sen. Chris Dodd, a former presidential candidate who endorsed Barack Obama early in the Democratic primary season. New Mexico Gov. Bill Richardson and former U.N. Ambassador Richard Holbrooke are also interested in the job.
    For Secretary of Defense, there are indications current Defense Secretary Robert Gates will stay at the post "for a certain period." Gates, the former CIA Director under the first President Bush, has been praised by members of both parties for his leadership at the Pentagon over the last two years. Rhode Island Sen. Jack Reed, a former United States Army Captain and a member of the Armed Services Committee, is acting as the go-between with Gates.
    Arizona Gov. Janet Napolitano, who also served as that state's attorney general, is said to be a "very real possibility" for U.S. attorney general. Napolitano, who also endorsed Obama early in the primary process, was named earlier this week to the Obama transition team. She's also served as a U.S. attorney from Arizona.
    For Secretary of Commerce, former White House Chief of Staff Leon Panetta, Time Warner Chairman Dick Parsons, prominent Chicago Businesswoman Penny Pritzker, and University of California economist Laura Tyson are all under consideration.
    One problem: the Obama administration wants a diverse cabinet, and that means everything is still up for grabs.
    List emerges for Cabinet posts
    Some interesting names on this list. Obama's cabinet should be stacked with some heavyweights.

I wonder what Condi Rice and Colin Powell are thinking, must suck to know they sold their souls to the devil and now a few years later they coulda been on the shortlist.

Both are seasoned vets-he still could use either one. Especially Powell.
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

Powell is more likely.

He heavily criticizes the Bush administration, he can't appoint some of them to his own.
    Last edited by bychance; November 9th, 2008 at 06:37 PM.

i like the idea of john kerry as secretary of state.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

One thing for sure-Obama has a wealth to choose from. Everybody wants to serve.
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

Quote Originally Posted by sputnik View Post
    i like the idea of john kerry as secretary of state.
    I can entertain that idea, especially since Kerry for whatever reason suddenly got some spark in him.

Quote Originally Posted by bychance View Post
    I can entertain that idea, especially since Kerry for whatever reason suddenly got some spark in him.
    I know! What the heck happened??

Powell said four days ago that he was not interested in serving on Obamas cabinet or in the administration...but, anything could happen!

Of course, John Edwards shot himself in the foot...so no post for him!

Where do I apply? LoL

I will gladly volunteer for a go-fer position. I will simply follow him around and do mindless tasks.
    Did you know that an anagram for "Conscious Uncoupling" is "Iconic Uncool Pus Guns"? - MohandasKGanja

Kind of off topic but...Joe Biden wants Michelle.
    Biden seemed to be trying to stay incognito with a tan New Mexico baseball cap pulled low over his brow, but your correspondent outed him with a cheery "good morning senator." He said he was trying to work off 6 pounds gained during the campaign but looked fit in black sweats and a grey Army t-shirt.

The Delaware senator raved about future first lady Michelle Obama, calling her "the most impressive person I've met in 35 years."

"I like him. I LOVE her," he said of the Obamas.
    Of his own future, Biden joked that he's looking forward to "my first crack at public housing."
    He better watch it

I still like the thought of Al Gore as Secretary of Energy.

Michelle's little arms are so delicate and lady-like...cute. It's so nice to have a classy first lady that isn't hopped up on pills.

Thread Information