Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sherri Shepherd comes out against gay marriage

Bronze Member

Default Sherri Shepherd comes out against gay marriage

YouTube - "The View" Talks about Gay Marriage

From Defamer.com:
    The View: Sherri Shepherd's Goodwill Vanishes as She Repeats Insane Prop 8 Falsehoods

Yes, we know, Sherri Shepherd used to think the earth was flat, and thus, we never should have put too much stock in her opinions. Still, it was hard, America! She really appeared to be trying, often showing up with research, shouting down false statements made by Elisabeth Hasselbeck, and then finally earning our affection with a tremendously affecting Obamalogue this past Wednesday. Sadly, the good times could not last, as Shepherd wandered back into the wilds of ignorance for today's View discussion of Proposition 8.
    Without Joy Behar around to rebut her, Shepherd ran rampant, tossing out right-wing talking points about the proposition (which took away the marriage rights awarded to gay Californians) like they were so many Sherri coins.

First, she insists that without Prop 8, her pastor could have been sent to jail for preaching against homosexuality. Either she's referring to Swedish pastor Ake Green who was briefly jailed for hate speech (under, y'know, Swedish laws) and became a religious cause celebre, or she's bringing up the falsehood that churches would be sued for not performing same-sex marriage. Just like they get sued so much when Jews want to marry in the Mormon temple! Oh wait, that doesn't happen. Barbara Walters attempts a weak rebuttal, but the audience is on Sherri's side. Eventually, even Whoopi concedes that if civil unions were strengthened until they reached a point that seems awfully separate but equal to our ears, maybe the gays would be happy and stop fighting so much. Or not! Clip above.

Fuck you, you stupid whore. Get cancer and die. I hope you get shot in the face and bleed to death on the street while people spit on you. Let dogs eat your bloated corpse. Let nobody remember you after.

You are undeserving of existence.

Oh and whoopie, no fucking chance. Get on board or get thrown to the dogs with Sherri. The time for niceness and "hoping" people get rights they deserve if they just wait patiently and ruffle as few feathers as possible has passed. Gays are gonna be all up in your shit now.
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

Bronze Member

Oh but she struggles with it! Oh the hard decisions she has to face. Oh the desperate conflicts inside of her. Oh how does she cope with the constant inner turmoil? What a courageous God-loving struggler she is.

Hypocritical, ignorant fleshbag. I reiterate my wish of cancer.

Does this whore have any kids she didn't get hoovered out of her before SEEING JAYZUS? I hope they turn out gay. I hope they disown her stupid ass.
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

sucking on a blow pop and playing with electrodes

Of course she would she's fucking crazy; she'll also tell the world how many abortions she's had and then go on to conclude they should be illegal or some shit... who said never trust born agains and recovered alcoholics?
    KILLING ME WON'T BRING BACK YOUR GOD DAMNED HONEY!!!!!!!!!!

Come on, let's have lots of drinks.

Fuck you all, I'm going viral.

Quote Originally Posted by Elyse View Post
    Oh but she struggles with it! Oh the hard decisions she has to face. Oh the desperate conflicts inside of her. Oh how does she cope with the constant inner turmoil? What a courageous God-loving struggler she is.

LAWLZ.
    Santa is an elitist mother fucker -- giving expensive shit to rich kids and nothing to poor kids.

Man, I wish Rosie was still on the show... bitch woulda been on the receiving end of a smackdown.

Elite Member

Any of you guys have satellite radio? This morning on Talk Left they were discussing this. The Mormon Church spent $70 Million on ads aimed at african american church going voters, and it worked. 70% of all the african american voters who went 95% for Obama, also went 70% for Prop 8. How ironic to be on one hand voting for the first african american president, while at the same time voting to deny civil liberties to another group. Personally I think that the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints sould have their tax exempt status revoked. These mega churches who preach politics every day should not enjoy tax exempt status if they do not respect the separation of church and state concept.

Quote Originally Posted by Elyse View Post

I'm rolling...

Best post EVAR.

Quote Originally Posted by scooter View Post
    Any of you guys have satellite radio? This morning on Talk Left they were discussing this. The Mormon Church spent $70 Million on ads aimed at african american church going voters, and it worked. 70% of all the african american voters who went 95% for Obama, also went 70% for Prop 8. How ironic to be on one hand voting for the first african american president, while at the same time voting to deny civil liberties to another group. Personally I think that the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints sould have their tax exempt status revoked. These mega churches who preach politics every day should not enjoy tax exempt status if they do not respect the separation of church and state concept.
    This is almost ironic, especially considering how bad blacks have it in the Mormon church. The church could give a crap less about them, but go ahead and use them to get your vote. Nice.
    "The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits."

i just got an email on this and i made a thread about it.
    Basic rule of Gossip Rocks: Don't be a dick.Tati
    Lighten Up Francis WCG

This subject makes me so angry, the public shouldn't have the right to vote someone's rights away. Gay people being allowed to marry DOES NOT affect straight people at all.

Ironic or not, black people alone didn't get Obama elected just like black people alone didn't get Prop 8 passed. There were a wide range of groups who supported Prop 8 so there's plenty of blame to go around.

Quote Originally Posted by jane View Post
    This subject makes me so angry, the public shouldn't have the right to vote someone's rights away. Gay people being allowed to marry DOES NOT affect straight people at all.
    Absolutely agree. It amazes me when I talk to somone in opposition and ask how does another's marriage or realtionship affect them. It's such weird unevolved logic. I am appalled that fundamental rights were stripped from anyone, creating unequal treatment under the law - that's kind of the core of our constitutional legal system.

I always follow that conversation with asking about their choice to be hetero. How old? Did they seek counsel from siblings, parents or anyone else? They obviously must have weighed the choice carefully and chosen to be turned on by the opposite sex. If they didn't choose to be hetero, then how can they be sure that being gay is a choice? And if it's not a choice then how do you justify dispariate treatment. The conversation usually ends with "cuz."

Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by kingcap72 View Post
    Ironic or not, black people alone didn't get Obama elected just like black people alone didn't get Prop 8 passed. There were a wide range of groups who supported Prop 8 so there's plenty of blame to go around.
    True! I'm just saying they were specifically targeted, apparantly successfully by the LDS ads on Prop 8.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information