Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: President-Elect Barack Obama's approval ratings

Default President-Elect Barack Obama's approval ratings

rasmussenreports.com
    Forty percent (40%) of U.S. voters Strongly Approve of the way that Barack Obama is handling his new role as president-elect. Thirty-two percent (32%) Strongly Disapprove, giving Obama a net rating of eight on the Rasmussen Reports daily Presidential Approval Index.
    By way of comparison, 13% of voters Strongly Approve of the way George W. Bush is handling his job as president. Forty-nine percent (49%) Strongly Disapprove. That gives the current President a -36 on the Presidential Approval Index.
    In addition to the 40% who Strongly Approve of Obama's performance so far, another 12% Somewhat Approve. That brings his total approval to 52%, an unsurprising figure since the Democrat earned 52% of the vote on Tuesday night. These figures will be updated daily at 9:30 a.m. Eastern Time and a FREE daily e-mail updateis available.
    Rasmussen Reports will focus more on the Presidential Approval Index Number rather than the total Approval rating. During the Bush Administration the number with strong opinions approving or disapproving proved to be a better indicator of the president's unpopularity than the overall approval ratings.
    It's also worth noting that 24% of Americans now say the country is heading in the right direction. That's up from 14% the day before the election.
    Thirty-eight percent (38%) expect their taxes to go up during the Obama years while 22% expect a tax cut. Before the election 31% had expected a tax cut if Obama was elected.
    Eighty-eight percent (88%) say they're glad the election is over. Data on the candidates' speeches and other expectations will be released later today. Also, later today, data will be released on which candidates Republicans favor for 2012.
    Today's report is based on interviews with 1,000 Likely Voters conducted November 5, 2008. We will be conducting this tracking survey every night and soon will report data on a three-day rolling average basis.
    A Fordham University professor has rated the national pollsterson their record in Election 2008. We also have provided a summary of our resultsfor your review. Every state that Rasmussen Reports projected would head to one candidate or the otherdid vote in that candidate.
    Election Map
    Recent statewide Presidential polls have been released for Alaska, Arkansas, Arizona,California, Colorado, Delaware, Florida, Georgia, Hawaii, Illinois,Indiana,Iowa,Kansas, Kentucky, Kansas,Louisiana, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts,Michigan, Minnesota, Mississippi, Missouri, Montana,Nebraska, Nevada, New Hampshire,New Jersey,New Mexico,North Carolina, Ohio, Oregon, Pennsylvania, South Carolina, Tennessee, Texas, Virginia, Washington, West Virginiaand Wisconsin.
    Daily tracking results are collected via telephone surveys of 1,000 likely voters per night and reported on a three-day rolling average basis. The margin of sampling error--for the full sample of 3,000 Likely Voters--is +/- 2 percentage points with a 95% level of confidence.

Like all polling firms, Rasmussen Reports weights its data to reflect the population at large (see methodology).Among other targets, Rasmussen Reports weights data by political party affiliation using a dynamic weighting process. During the final two months of Election 2008, party weighting targets are updated each Sunday (see additional information). For the final few days of Election 2008, the partisan weighting targets used by Rasmussen Reports will be 39.9% Democratic, 33.4% Republican and 26.7% unaffiliated.
    President-Elect Obama's Approval Ratings

Just another smack in the face to Dubya and his presidency.

What a stupid pole...I mean the man hasn't done anything yet.

^^That's what I was going to say. It's only Nov 6 forchristssakes!

Actually, I'm concerned that 40% of Americans say they "strongly approve" of the way he's handling his job when he hasn't done ANYTHING yet and is not even in office. Comparing that to Bush's 13%, after 8 years in office, is asinine.

Let him get into office and start dealing with tough situations like war, debt, economic problems, and security, and then see how people feel about the way he's handling his job.

Personally, I think his approval ratings are going to be a lot lower than people expect.

^ I kinda suspect that too, because everyone is riding his dick at the moment.....he has A LOT to live up too, and I don't think any one man can do it all.

I think Americans are just happy with the fact that the Bush Error is over, and that Palin is back in Alaska where she belongs.

I'm just anxious to see if he lives up to his promises ... then they can poll me to see how much I do or do not approve....
    Kill him.
    Kill her.
    Kill It.
    Kill everything... that IS the solution!
    П(_)П
    twitchy molests my signature!

^ Well a lot of his promises can't come from him....it will take the senate's approval for all that. That's why I just brushed off his promises to begin with.

I can promise that his approval ratings will be very low among racists who refuse to acknowledge that is why they don't like him.

Hit By Ban Bus!

I never understood making promises about the future. That's just a no no. You never know what is going to come of things.

I can promise that his approval ratings will be very low among racists who refuse to acknowledge that is why they don't like him.
    Or among people who disagree with abortion, higher taxes, his health care plan, etc.

There are many reasons why people don't like Obama that have absolutely nothing to do with race. I'm so tired of his supporters pulling out the race card when they encounter someone who doesn't want this man to be President.

And frankly, I don't think he'll be able to live up to his promises, because many of them involve HUGE spending when we're already in an economic crisis.

If you want to talk racist, how about the African-Americans who voted for this guy SOLELY because he's black? (I'm not saying ALL blacks who voted for him fit into this category- but some do.) IMO, those are the real racists.

I didn't vote for Obama because as a conservative Catholic who is in the top income bracket, I strongly disagree with his positions on the majority of the issues. Most of my friends feel the same way. Our decision not to vote for Obama has nothing to do with race. If there were a conservative Republican candidate who happened to be an African-American, I would happily vote for him.
    Last edited by southernbelle; November 6th, 2008 at 12:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by sluce View Post
    I would imagine they would be very low among racists anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by southernbelle View Post
    Or among people who disagree with abortion, higher taxes, his health care plan, etc.

There are many reasons why people don't like Obama that have absolutely nothing to do with race. I'm so tired of his supporters pulling out the race card when they encounter someone who doesn't want this man to be President.

And frankly, I don't think he'll be able to live up to his promises, because many of them involve HUGE spending when we're already in an economic crisis.

If you want to talk racist, how about the African-Americans who voted for this guy SOLELY because he's black? (I'm not saying ALL blacks who voted for him fit into this category- but some do.) IMO, those are the real racists.
    And I'm so tired of McCain/Palin supporters who actually keep trying to project their own issues with Obama's race onto Obama and everybody else.

Hit By Ban Bus!

Quote Originally Posted by southernbelle View Post

I'm sorry but I don't believe you at all. I posted about my born again friend earlier. I am the last person who would pull the race card but what I'm seeing are bullshit excuses.

The higher taxes? What exactly do people in this country think we are supposed to do to solve the disaster left behind by Bush? People are struggling economonically right now. Right wrong or indifferent we need to come up with money from somewhere. This is Obama's plan to fix the economic problem. McCain kept promising that we wouldn't need to do that that but honestly people are smart enough to realize that the money has to come from somewhere.

We live in a capitalistic system. And people who use that system to get ahead have an obligation and a duty to support that system (not the people but the system) when it starts to fall apart. Otherwise everyone is going to suffer except the super rich.

All the accusations of problems with Obama, are not realistic in my book and I think the majority of people who voted for Obama would have rationalized out how to deal with McCain if he hadn't picked Palin. But to continue to hate your new president before he's done anything is based on what exactly?

The man is articulate, compassionate, open and decent. Yet people still don't like him.......for some reason...........still don't trust him................for some reason.

Yeah we know what the reason is.

^ What exactly is that reason that you think you know?

And as for some people not liking him, well that could be because they don't agree with the items that Southern listed. Some people take their money, unborn children and healthcare very seriously. I don't think it is unreasonable for some people to not like him because of his take on those issues.

Also, I would suggest instead of raising taxes on people that actually work, that we cut funding for people that lay on their asses all day. To me, that would be more fair and a better way to dig out of this hole we have created. I don't think taking money, from people that are already struggling, is a very brilliant move.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread Information