Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Sarah Palin is sorry

Silver Member

Default Sarah Palin is sorry

And she should be! I want a personal apology. . . for all the times her gibberish altered my blood pressure!!

She is largely responsible for the plummet of mccain's approval and narrowing his odds -- her inability to see that earlier further embodies her sincere dumbness.

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z0ntK-AhB8c[/YOUTUBE]

The only good that came out of her were the votes she cost mccain! For that I do thank her.
    I'm a motherfucker and sell candles

She was quite valuable to the campaign. Who knew a Repub would be the biggest asset to Obama?

Sarah Palin, you suck.

Well Sarah, I'm sorry I ever had to look at your sorry ass face on TV or hear your annoying as hell voice. 'Nuff said.

(but you did help SNL's ratings and raise my posts on GR to almost 2000.)
    Did you know that an anagram for "Conscious Uncoupling" is "Iconic Uncool Pus Guns"? - MohandasKGanja

Quote Originally Posted by RevellingInSane View Post
    She was quite valuable to the campaign. Who knew a Repub would be the biggest asset to Obama?
    Palin was the best thing that ever happened to Obama.

The only thing this woman is sorry about is that she wasn't able to keep all the designer fashions (who can blame her?!) and that she lost.

Yes, you're sorry..sorry as hell!
    Baltimore O's ​Fan!

I don''t know if she really fucked the board though. Maybe just put the tip in. -Mrs. Dark

I think Palin was an asset to the McCain campaign at first, but as time went on, I think she did start to become more of a liability.

In the immediate aftermath of her selection, donations to the campaign went through the roof. Many Republicans were very supportive of this choice at the beginning. I do think she started trying too hard to play up the cuteness and it backfired on her.

Another problem, I felt, was that McCain never even seemed very confident in her or supportive of her. After the first week, when he announced her, you never saw them together. He never spoke positively of her to the media. He didn't back her up when she was getting slammed. I think that really had a negative effect. He chose her as his running mate, and then I think when he started to see that she might not have been the best choice, he kind of left her to hang out to dry. The Republican ticket didn't seem very united to me.

One thing I do want to point out, though... people always complain about the Presidential race being elitist, and all of the candidates being rich people from Ivy League schools. However, when you get a true middle class American with a modest upbringing and background, she's ridiculed for it. I'm not talking about the ridicule for her lack of experience. I'm talking about the direct criticisms of her middle class lifestyle.

I heard people say she was unqualified because she "only" had a degree in Journalism, or because she transferred to different schools. MANY people, including myself, transfer when they realize that they are unhappy at their current school and a change needs to be made. People made fun of her for being proud to be a "hockey mom." They made fun of her for living in Alaska and doing "trashy" activities like hunting, which many people enjoy. When she stopped wearing the campaign-selected suits, people made fun of her clothes for being "cheap," or from a thrift store.

I was just surprised that when we finally got someone who really did relate to the the middle class lifestyle, people seemed to mock it. I do realize that's not the only thing people made fun of about her, but it WAS a factor.
    Last edited by southernbelle; November 6th, 2008 at 01:12 PM.

sucking on a blow pop and playing with electrodes

SB, it wasn't "cuteness" that backfired.
    KILLING ME WON'T BRING BACK YOUR GOD DAMNED HONEY!!!!!!!!!!

Come on, let's have lots of drinks.

Fuck you all, I'm going viral.

Elite Member

Well, I have to admit I was undecided on the candidates until Sarah Palin showed up. I tried to give her the benefit of the doubt and find some redeeming quality in her. But from the time she opened her mouth at the RNC the vile spewed from her mouth. I had not been watching the campaign closely before then but the Palin pick and her "pitbull" announcement pretty much defined her role from the beginning as McCain's attack dog. Then she was hidden away for several weeks to "prepare" for interviews. What a joke. A good VP candidate would already have experience that prepared her/him. Then, even after her cram sessions, she went into relatively softball interviews and revealed how completely ignorant she truly was. Perhaps angry over the media criticism, her attacks on Obama became more and more vile. McCain let her rile the crowds with hate talk. McCain had one half-hearted attempt to dispel the hatred she spewed when she told that old lady he wasn't a terrorist. It wasn't enough and he knew it.

I have no respect for either of them.

SB - people did not make fun of her middle class life. They made fun of her lack of intelligence. Yes, people switch college when they decide to pursue a different major. But she switched like 5 times.

McCain screwed up picking her. He quickly realized that she was not in anyway prepared for this. He was not seen with her because she was taken off to "camp" to get her prepared to speak publically without making a total ass of herself and the party. When she emerged she only proved that she was still not ready. She is a poor excuse for a leader, her intelligence deserves to be questioned and she should stay back in Alaska.

Quote Originally Posted by southernbelle View Post
    I heard people say she was unqualified because she "only" had a degree in Journalism, or because she transferred to different schools. MANY people, including myself, transfer when they realize that they are unhappy at their current school and a change needs to be made.
    None of that bothered me. I simply thought she was dumber than a box of rocks. I never criticized her for her lack of experience or education or background. I don't believe those things really matter. But I do expect a VP or President to be smart and she simply wasn't. Ambitious, yes. But she's just not intelligent.

Her lack of intelligence and lack of concern about it is what bothers me most about America. The idea that there's something wrong with learning and being smart. She's a living symbol of that mentality. I don't like it.

I think Palin was an asset to the McCain campaign at first, but as time went on, I think she did start to become more of a liability.

In the immediate aftermath of her selection, donations to the campaign went through the roof. Many Republicans were very supportive of this choice at the beginning.
    True. Her nomination ignited the support of the religious conservative right movement, which hadn't had much love for McCain up 'til then.

Another problem, I felt, was that McCain never even seemed very confident in her or supportive of her. After the first week, when he announced her, you never saw them together. He never spoke positively of her to the media. He didn't back her up when she was getting slammed.
    Actually, McCain did back her up in interviews 'n' such. However, when you defend someone's foreign policy experience because they're close to Russia, you end up looking like an idiot also, which is what happened to McCain.

One thing I do want to point out, though... people always complain about the Presidential race being elitist, and all of the candidates being rich people from Ivy League schools. However, when you get a true middle class American with a modest upbringing and background, she's ridiculed for it. I'm not talking about the ridicule for her lack of experience. I'm talking about the direct criticisms of her middle class lifestyle.
    I've never heard any direct criticisms of her middle class lifestyle. I have, however, heard criticisms that her self-propelled image of middle-class is a bit fake. She and her husband have assets ranging between $1-2 million. That's not middle class as I know it.

In comparison, Bill Clinton hardly had any assets when he first became President. If I remember correctly, he was only making $30,000 a year as the governor of Arkansas. Hillary was the main breadwinner, but still their assets never accrued until after he was out of office.

I heard people say she was unqualified because she "only" had a degree in Journalism, or because she transferred to different schools. MANY people, including myself, transfer when they realize that they are unhappy at their current school and a change needs to be made.
    Palin transferred 5 TIMES. That is unusual even for transfer students.
    People made fun of her for being proud to be a "hockey mom."
    No, people didn't like that she used that as a qualification for being VP or potentially Prez.

They made fun of her for living in Alaska and doing "trashy" activities like hunting, which many people enjoy.
    Are you aware she authorized the denning of wolf cubs?
    When she stopped wearing the campaign-selected suits, people made fun of her clothes for being "cheap," or from a thrift store.
    She was the one who brought up the fact that she shopped at a consignment (not thrift) store. If she's going to cry boo-hoo over her choice of apparel, what's funny is that she's boo-hooing it, not that she shops there. It's also funny that she got her favorite consignment store in trouble for using a trademarked name, which again has nothing to do with the clothes she actually wore.

Also, remember that many in the media brought up the cost of Cindy McCain's Oscar de la Renta outfit for the final night of the convention. It cost in the tens of thousands of dollars. Now THAT seems out of touch with the middle class during a recession. I love fashion and de la Renta, but Cindy's choice was in poor taste. Simple as that.

I was just surprised that when we finally got someone who really did relate to the the middle class lifestyle, people seemed to mock it. I do realize that's not the only thing people made fun of about her, but it WAS a factor.
    She played up the image of middle class, but if you ever analyze her, it's all rhetoric and no substance. All she did was pander to the blue collar workers as if she were one of them. And since she was an unknown commodity before the campaign, it worked. People bought it because they didn't know anything about her. And THEN her tax returns are released, showing that she and her husband are worth more than a million dollars. NOT. MIDDLE. CLASS.
    "Oh! I've been looking for a red suede pump!"
    - Marie (Carrie Fisher), When Harry Met Sally

sucking on a blow pop and playing with electrodes

MCCain/Palin made a mockery of blue collar workers and the middle class with their "joe everyman" bullshit.
    KILLING ME WON'T BRING BACK YOUR GOD DAMNED HONEY!!!!!!!!!!

Come on, let's have lots of drinks.

Fuck you all, I'm going viral.

Call me crazy but the first time I ever heard this "elitist" stuff thrown around, was during this election, and it was by the Republican party which is hilarious in and of itself.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information