Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Sarah Palin may have spent more than $150,000 on clothes!

Default Sarah Palin may have spent more than $150,000 on clothes!

Sarah Palin May Have Spent More Than $150,000 on Clothes!

11/5/08 at 2:00 PM

The suit at Neiman Marcus and Sarah Palin wearing it last night.Photo: neimanmarcus.com, Getty Images

We're not done talking about Sarah Palin's $150,000 wardrobe. She might have returned some of her designer stash, but last night she wore a $498 Elie Tahari suit, incidentally sold at Neiman Marcus. Going back to her old clothes didn't last long now, did it? And it sounds like her wardrobe didn't cost $150,000, but somewhere closer to $200,000. Newsweek is reporting that according to a senior aide, Palin was told to purchase three suits for the convention and hire a stylist. Palin took that to mean she could buy expensive clothes for herself and her family from luxury retailers like Saks Fifth Avenue and Neiman Marcus. A source also tells Newsweek a wealthy donor purchased the clothes for Palin and was "shocked" at how much she spent. What's more, the McCain campaign was furious at Palin's gratuitous shopping sprees.

But there's more: Palin reportedly asked low-level staffers to buy clothes on their credit cards. The McCain campaign wasn't aware of this until those staffers sought reimbursement last week. Tricky!
    One aide estimated that she spent "tens of thousands" more than the reported $150,000, and that $20,000 to $40,000 went to buy clothes for her husband. Some articles of clothing have apparently been lost. An angry aide characterized the shopping spree as "Wasilla hillbillies looting Neiman Marcus from coast to coast," and said the truth will eventually come out when the Republican Party audits its books.
    This sentence is so great we're going to print it again:
    An angry aide characterized the shopping spree as "Wasilla hillbillies looting Neiman Marcus from coast to coast."
    Now that that's out of our system, let's see what Palin's people have to say! An aide told Newsweek:
    "Governor Palin was not directing staffers to put anything on their personal credit cards, and anything that staffers put on their credit cards has been reimbursed, like an expense. Nasty and false accusations following a defeat say more about the person who made them than they do about Governor Palin."
    Fbpmpt. They're right the truth-seeking media are such haters, and Palin is a poor, poor Valentino-clad victim.
    No you know what? A lot of people defended Palin's wardrobe because the clothes were seemingly just given to her and it wasn't really her choice. But all this just proves she knew exactly what she was doing by buying and wearing those clothes. Considering she had the nerve to wear that $498 suit last night, she must really not care how incongruous all this is with her image. Furthermore, aides didn't tell McCain about Palin's extravagant spending because they thought he'd be "offended." In fact, Palin and McCain rarely spoke during the campaign. Now that is horseshit.
    Hackers and Spending Sprees [Newsweek via Jezebel]
    Sarah Palin May Have Spent More Than $150,000 on Clothes! -- The Cut: New York Magazine's Fashion Blog
    "Oh! I've been looking for a red suede pump!"
    - Marie (Carrie Fisher), When Harry Met Sally

Friend of Gossip Rocks! buttmunch's Avatar

Hahaha...Wasilla hillbillies....Come listen to a story 'bout a man named Todd...
    'Those who sacrifice liberty for security deserve neither.' Ben Franklin

"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying the cross."
    --Sinclair Lewis

But there's more: Palin reportedly asked low-level staffers to buy clothes on their credit cards.
    Anyone who did this for her should be checked for crack use. Seriously.

she's back where she belongs, in Alaska.
    Let them worry about her, we've got better things to discuss : )
    "the place you live in is that much more drab and empty that they're gone"

^ I know. I no longer care about this bitch. I can't wait till she is just a laughable memory.

Now that she's a loser, I don't think I care

how much u think all the men spent on those designer suits??

im DEF NOT a palin fan, but thats a sexist attack

She could have bought 400 of those suits at 500 bux. Doggone it, Joe, she was downright froogul if you ask me!

Hit By Ban Bus!
    squirrels in the morning, squirrels in the evening, squirrels at suppertime!

Quote Originally Posted by missjuicy View Post
    how much u think all the men spent on those designer suits??

im DEF NOT a palin fan, but thats a sexist attack
    What you fail to grasp is that the guys didn't buy their suits on the campaign or party dime. She did. Much different and sexism has nothing to do with it. She's a greedy grasping cow.

That suit she had on last night was worth every penny. It looked fab!
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

joe the budgetor

Quote Originally Posted by cheetopia View Post
    What you fail to grasp is that the guys didn't buy their suits on the campaign or party dime. She did. Much different and sexism has nothing to do with it. She's a greedy grasping cow.

sheesh sorry i didnt kno.... i just hate the jabs at both palin and michelle obama on their clothes or hair and it seems to have a sexist bias to me bc no man is ever questioned on his wardrobe costs

and buying on someone elses dime is messed up esp when they needed all that money for the failing campaign... o well

Friend of Gossip Rocks! buttmunch's Avatar

Well, as far as what men wear, it's pretty hard to go wrong with a dark suit, light shirt and a decent tie. They can wear the same one over and over for years and as long as they take care of it it will last forever. Women have a different situation and although Michelle Obama usuallly gets it right, I wasn't digging her outfit at the victory speech. I actually liked Palin's clothes overall but I don't like that they were paid for by the party in some misguided sheep/mutton effort.
    'Those who sacrifice liberty for security deserve neither.' Ben Franklin

"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying the cross."
    --Sinclair Lewis

That suit cost only $498? Where can I get it? It was stunning.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information