Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: The most LOL-worthy right-wing reactions to Barack Obama win

Default The most LOL-worthy right-wing reactions to Barack Obama win

(Don't know if this is the right forum for it-mods move if inappropriate.)

At Grimm's suggestion, I thought we'd start a thread for some of the most over-the-top, "the sky is fallin", "Marxist Terrorist Muslims will paint the White House BLACK" reactions online.

I'll start: over at a community on livejournal for right-wing fan geeks, following a fed-up moderator's call for some toning down on death threats and mud-slinging (the original death threat post has been locked or deleted), I spotted the following jewel:

I wish I could believe that, but I truly believe that mudslinging is the only reason we did as well as we did.

Besides, if I need to damn myself to end the holocaust against the unborn or to ensure that good men are rewarded and evil men punished, is it really that steep a price to pay? The soul of one for the happiness and prosperity of millions?

link to teh crazy
    "Remember to always be yourself. Unless you suck." - Joss Whedon

"The only thing more expensive than education is ignorance." -Benjamin Franklin

lol the holocaust against the unborn? where do they come up with these gems? are the fundie white trash names for their causes really necessary? it all sounds so star wars and epic. fuckwits.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

In four years, if we take the White House back, we need to be able to reach across the aisle and expect a little cooperation. Therefore, we must be willing to cooperate now.

My god, it's sad that we as a nation are so divided. Statements like this make it seem that we are two nations within one, on the verge of a civil war. Ugh...
    Value the future on a timescale longer than your own. -Richard Dawkins

This one doesn't quite qualify because it was before the win but I'm throwing it in the ring anyway. In response to this story:

McCain's plane aborts landing in Albuquerque
    Nov. 4, 2008, 3:49PM

John McCain's presidential campaign plane aborted a landing seconds before touchdown in Albuquerque today because of traffic on the runway, a flight crew member announced as the plane regained altitude.
    "'There was traffic on the runway," the crew member said over the intercom. The Boeing Co. 737 circled and landed safely a few minutes later.
    McCain, an Arizona Republican, is in New Mexico to visit an Election Day get-out-the-vote phone bank. Later, he will return to Phoenix before the polls close on the East Coast. Source

This was the comment:

StahlhelmAndFeldbluse wrote:
    The liberals will stop at nothing to ensure Obamy wins the election. Even if they have to clog up the airport runway in Albuquerque.
    11/4/2008 4:04:26 PM
    "But I am very poorly today & very stupid & I hate everybody & everything." -- Charles Darwin

"Trump is, in my opinion, the first woman president of the United States." -- Roseanne Barr

Quote Originally Posted by Algernon View Post
    In four years, if we take the White House back, we need to be able to reach across the aisle and expect a little cooperation. Therefore, we must be willing to cooperate now.

My god, it's sad that we as a nation are so divided. Statements like this make it seem that we are two nations within one, on the verge of a civil war. Ugh...
    that's my take on it. the culture wars in the US are a reality IMO. all that talk of being bi-partisan is bullshit. you can't be bi-partisan on the issues dividing you. they will only be resolved by one side winning.
    that's why i'm hoping conservative judges on the supreme court start dropping like flies during the obama administration and hoping democrats stay in the white house and the legislative for at least 8 years.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

Haha. It's the fundie version of the JJ tards!

I've heard several times, by people conversing in public, people referring to Obama as "the dead man".

Sick, twisted fuckers. The south is so ignorant sometimes.

Hit By Ban Bus!

Under other circumstances I'd laugh at their ignorance and bigotry, but keep in mind that there are millions (now less) of Americans that believe that sort of things, and I'd say that 99% of them own firearms.

StahlhelmAndFeldbluse

His name means:

White power, ya'll
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

Freerepublic.com is a goldmine.
    ---------------------------
    Hilarious. New York will be far less safe when Bush is not longer around to protect them. They'll find out, but unfortunately will not learn.

-----------------------------------
    You can’t do anything to me Obama. No matter how hard you try. I am an individual human being. I am with Jesus and I am invulnerable. You are nothing, Obama. JESUS CHRIST IS LORD

-----------------------------------
    Is anyone else wearing black today?
    ----------------------------
    Remember when the left said that dissent is Patriotic? Well, I promise to be more Patriotic. Please allow me start now:
    IMPEACH OBAMA!
    IT IS OBAMA FAULT!!!!
    OBAMA IS THE WORST PRESIDENT EVER!!
    OBAMA STOLE THE ELECTION!!!
    Illinois is missing and idiot! Help us return the idiot to the rightful owner!!
    These are my new Patriotic Battle Cries.
    I hope you all join me in finding this new Patriotism. Let's show the left we can be just as 'Patriotic' as them.
    ------------------------------
    (referring to Michelle Obama's outfit)
    The colors of Satan and his minions.
    --------------------
    IF the polls were right the whole election must be a ruse..
    The polls are NEVER RIGHT.. When the polls are right the whole election must be rigged..
    Not just the election BUT the primarys also..

----------------

When my child and I heard McCain’s concession speech as we traveled home this evening, I told our child that Hussein is not my president because he was not elected legally, he is not an American, and he is a Muslim.
    After some discussion, I said that our hope does not lie in a corrupt leader. Our faith and hope is in God. Our family has confidence in that.
    The face of our great country may very well change for the worse. My family will continue to stand fast for what is true and just.
    We will abide by law so long as it does not require us to disobey God’s law, but we will not honor Hussein. He is an enemy of America and the Lord, being that he is a Muslim Communist.
    Your accusation that the media is complicit in their efforts to undermine the conservative voice and shamelessly endorse and promote Hussein is absolutely true.
    Due to this injustice, the conservative base will be more fervent in their devotion to holding representatives accountable as well as being active in supporting true conservative candidates.
    Boycott the MSM. Boycott liberal Hollywood. Boycott all those anti-American institutions, industry, and public figures that are culpable in wedging Hussein into office.
    God have mercy on America.
    -------------------
    ALl that can be said is they don’t remember what took place during Hitler’s Reign of Terror. Their history continues to repeat itself time and time again.
    ------------------------

Holy God,
    We grieve for America as we would the loss of a precious loved one. Though some may not recognize the strike against freedom yesterday; nonetheless, it is real. We failed to defend the unborn children, failed to support the use of individual talents and abilities, failed to roll back the dependence upon government, and failed to focus on character as a criteria for choosing the leader of the free world. We failed miserably, Lord, because we have attempted to run this nation without You.

We had hope that You would allow us to avoid the consequences of our stubbornness, but we confess that You are a Holy God who cannot compromise His holiness by allowing sin to continue. We have had more than enough opportunities to change, and now we must face the punishment due us for our failure to act. We ask Your forgiveness, Lord.
    We know, Father, that You bring good even in the most difficult of situations. We know that nothing is too hard for You. We know that You have the greater good in mind when You substitute Your perfect will for Your permissive will.

Our hearts are heavy and perhaps we have spent too much time talking to You and not enough time listening. Many of us feel like strangers in a foreign land. We know that we cannot compromise with the acts of darkness---especially infanticide. We need Your direction, Father. In many ways we reflect the thoughts and feelings of Jonah after Nineveh was delivered, except unlike Nineveh, America has been left to its own evil devices instead of being spared Your judgment.

Our votes have left marks of abandonment upon Israel, upon our troops and their families, and upon the defenseless innocents. They were counting on us to include them in our considerations, but instead we focused upon our 401K’s and our health care plans, and the feel good vote for the sake of history. Holy God, forgive us.

Father, help us to rebuild the walls of America, just as You did for Jerusalem. Take our tears, Lord, and let them water seeds of righteousness; cause us to return to You, our first love. Then will You be pleased with the sacrifices of righteousness. We can only cry out for Your mercy in the Name of Jesus Christ. Amen.
    "But I am very poorly today & very stupid & I hate everybody & everything." -- Charles Darwin

"Trump is, in my opinion, the first woman president of the United States." -- Roseanne Barr

When my child and I heard McCain’s concession speech as we traveled home this evening, I told our child that Hussein is not my president because he was not elected legally,

Ahem, neither was Bush in 2000, so I guess he's not my President, either...

They just have to suck it up- we had to suffer the fuckup that is Bush for the past 8 year.

Quote Originally Posted by twitchy2.0 View Post
    ---------------------------
    Holy God,
    We grieve for America as we would the loss of a precious loved one. Though some may not recognize the strike against freedom yesterday; nonetheless, it is real. We failed to defend the unborn children, failed to support the use of individual talents and abilities, failed to roll back the dependence upon government, and failed to focus on character as a criteria for choosing the leader of the free world. We failed miserably, Lord, because we have attempted to run this nation without You.

We had hope that You would allow us to avoid the consequences of our stubbornness, but we confess that You are a Holy God who cannot compromise His holiness by allowing sin to continue. We have had more than enough opportunities to change, and now we must face the punishment due us for our failure to act. We ask Your forgiveness, Lord.
    We know, Father, that You bring good even in the most difficult of situations. We know that nothing is too hard for You. We know that You have the greater good in mind when You substitute Your perfect will for Your permissive will.

Our hearts are heavy and perhaps we have spent too much time talking to You and not enough time listening. Many of us feel like strangers in a foreign land. We know that we cannot compromise with the acts of darkness---especially infanticide. We need Your direction, Father. In many ways we reflect the thoughts and feelings of Jonah after Nineveh was delivered, except unlike Nineveh, America has been left to its own evil devices instead of being spared Your judgment.

Our votes have left marks of abandonment upon Israel, upon our troops and their families, and upon the defenseless innocents. They were counting on us to include them in our considerations, but instead we focused upon our 401K’s and our health care plans, and the feel good vote for the sake of history. Holy God, forgive us.

Father, help us to rebuild the walls of America, just as You did for Jerusalem. Take our tears, Lord, and let them water seeds of righteousness; cause us to return to You, our first love. Then will You be pleased with the sacrifices of righteousness. We can only cry out for Your mercy in the Name of Jesus Christ. Amen.
    This one reminds me of the blessing in Meet the Parents.
    Does this guy think God runs Freerepublic.com, is this his Letter to the Editor?
    These would be funny if these people weren't completely and utterly serious.

Illinois is missing and idiot!
    I love the irony here.

these people are insane. they should do the world a favour and move to an island and drink the kool-aid once and for all.

Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast

Thread Information