Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Dear "Yes on prop 8" voters: Fuck you.

Angry Dear "Yes on prop 8" voters: Fuck you.

To all you folks who voted Yes on Prop 8...

Fuck you. Yes, I'm talking to you. I'm done being polite about this, about pleading my case with civility and discourse.

Fuck your arguments about children, education, or "activist judges", because it's about none of those things, and you know it. You hide your bigotry behind lies and political rhetoric.

Fuck your argument that the only good family unit contains a mother and a father. I was raised by a single, awesome dad, and I turned out pretty fucking great. Fuck you for marginalizing my childhood.

Fuck your arguments about the sanctity of marriage, my partner and I have been together fourteen years, what makes your marriage more worthy of state recognition? Spare me the lecture. Or, make divorce and quickie weddings illegal, too.

Fuck your arguments about the history of marriage, learn its *real* history, which is hardly confined to the last few centuries of Christian belief. If the church didn't want this day to come, they should not have let the government take over marriage. But since they did, and since government should treat everyone equally, we are here now. We're not the concept of marriage as it stood three hundred years ago, we are here, right now. Act like it.

Fuck your argument that it's about freedom of religion, which only proves that it's a clear violation of the separation of church and state. How would you like it if I voted on your religious rights, too?

Fuck your arguments about the "slippery slope" it would create, in either marriage or democracy. Give society some fucking credit for having a modicum of common sense. A sudden wave of marrying dogs and widespread polygamy won't happen, and you know it.

Fuck you when you say that civil unions should be enough, because separate but equal isn't equal, and you know it.

Fuck your excuses about the will of the people, because sometimes all that amounts to is mob rule, especially when that mob is created through fear and lies, religious dogma, and massive out-of-state funding.

Fuck you for saying "oh, please understand that *my* personal decision isn't driven by religious beliefs or moral propriety," because underneath it all, it most certainly is... and if you're dancing around that issue to justify your vote some other way, you're in denial.

Fuck you for saying "some of my friends are gay" and still voting yes, because it doesn't hide your bigotry. Your actions are your words.

Fuck you for making me a second-class citizen.

Thankfully we have a President now who acknowledged my existence as a Gay American in the first few minutes of his acceptance speech. Maybe, in time, his efforts at unifying this country will be successful for all of us, gay and straight. I don't always agree with Andrew Sullivan, but he had a great post tonight that said "We must never let popular votes affect our own internal sense of our worth, our equality, our dignity as human beings. Our marriages are real; all that is at issue is whether a majority will recognize them in law. The next generation already does."

THIS IS NOT A DARK RIDE
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

Elite Member

Default Re

That makes me really sad (the decision on prop 8). I want to grab people by the collar and shake them and say wake the fuck up.

Gay marriage has been legal here in Massachusetts for a few years now. The world hasn't come to an end, folks.

I am happy to say that to my kids (teenage girls) and their friends, gay marriage seems like just an obvious and basic right that people should have. That means that change and acceptance is coming from the bottom up (no dirty puns intended). If not now, then soon. It is coming.

Please don't give up!

There needs to be a march, like in the 60's. Not a happy march, a pissed off tidal wave a few million strong.
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

That fucking sucks

I fail to see how anyone-especially ones calling theselves Christian-could base their own happiness at the expense of ruining the happiness of others. What they were asking is a human right,to live in a legally binding commitment with the person they love. This will cause grief and hardship to many who just wanted to live a peaceful life.
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

I don't understand why they would rescind a right that was already given. It is totally unfair.

It's like I have told many people around here, heterosexual divorce rates are at 50%. That isn't working out so well is it? Give everyone equal rights - especially when you feel so deeply committed to someone.

Homosexuality has been around forever. Do you think Jesus shunned them and banished them to hell? I don't think so.

Fucking idiot voters.
    Did you know that an anagram for "Conscious Uncoupling" is "Iconic Uncool Pus Guns"? - MohandasKGanja

As I said before, we can fight it and get that proposal shot done in Court (I hope). If it can get passed in Cali then it makes me weep that it won't get past here in Great Lakes Region, but have hope that those of us will have the right to marriage.

But yeah a big FUCK YOU to the people who voted yes.

If not, Canada will welcome you all with open arms until America grows the fuck up and ditches this religious bigotry once and for all.

Ya'll can use our country as a secret base

I don't see why gays would want to have christian approval at all, but I can't see why they shouldn't be able to get married in the eyes of the state.
    This will change eventually everywhere in the western world, I think at least.

The church and the state should be two separate things and the church of course has the right to do what they want with their blessings.

gays couldn't give 2 figs what christians want.. it's already been enshrined that churches do NOT have to marry anybody they don't want to, same as it is up here in Canada.

It's all a damned tussle over a stupid word: marriage. The fundies want it restricted to hetero joinings only (for no real reason), and say that "civil unions" are the same thing, just without the word.

That's like saying "you can ride the bus, but have to sit at the back" to gays. It's a damned marriage. Even if it isn't in a church, ITS MARRIAGE. Marriage, the word, literally means JOINING TOGETHER.

So screw the fundies and their bullshit. It'll go to the courts.

Hit By Ban Bus!
    squirrels in the morning, squirrels in the evening, squirrels at suppertime!

I don't even think it's religious bigotry Grimm, some of the biggest homophobes I knew never go to church. I think it's plain old ignorance and fear.

Jesus wouldn't approve of treating anyone like this.

Lemme know when and where to march and I'll show up with my big "Jesus Loves The Gays Too!" sign. Even if I didn't hold strong views on allowing others to do as their hearts tell them I'd be up for it just to piss off the fundies idiots I know

Hit By Ban Bus!

There needs to be a huge outrage from the gay community and the supporters over this. Because this "vote' is unconstitutional. Since when do the American people get to "vote" on whether another group has rights? Has it been that way historically? Did we vote to see whether women could vote or blacks had rights? I thought civil rights issues were decided by the Supreme Court.

The gay community should march to the Supreme Court and throw themselves down on the steps and make them deal with it.

This is ridiculous. There's no precedence for this and not only that, the checks and balances in this country which safe guard against the tyranny of the masses were put in place just for this reason. Its unconstitutional, unAmerican and injust.

assholes. i noticed when i was watching the Yes on 8 'people' that they were all rude, condescending, mean people, while the people promoting and voting for No on 8 were polite, honest and fair. its too bad the assholes won. i'm embarrassed that they live around me, and my daughter has to go to school with their children. fuckers.
    Basic rule of Gossip Rocks: Don't be a dick.Tati
    Lighten Up Francis WCG

Hit By Ban Bus!
    squirrels in the morning, squirrels in the evening, squirrels at suppertime!

The Mormons poured big bucks into making sure Prop 8 passed. Assholes!

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread Information