Thread: Disgraceful to the end: McCain robocall falsely claims Fidel Castro endorsed Obama

Friend of Gossip Rocks! buttmunch's Avatar

Default Disgraceful to the end: McCain robocall falsely claims Fidel Castro endorsed Obama

ABC News' Tahman Bradley Reports: The McCain campaign and Republican National Committee are running a last minute robo-call tonight attacking Sen. Barack Obama, D-Ill., for receiving praise from Fidel Castro today in a Cuban newspaper. The call is being specifically targeted toward Hispanic voters in Florida, Republican sources tell ABC News. Listen to the audio HERE.

In a column published in the paper Granma, Castro described Obama as "no doubt more intelligent, educated and level-headed than his Republican rival," Arizona Sen. John McCain.

There's of course a national security element to this last minute Republican move. Obama said during a CNN/YouTube Democratic primary debate last year that he would meet with Cuba's leader and the leaders of Cuba, Iran, Syria, Venezuela, and North Korea without preconditions.

The announcer on the call says, "This just in! Iím calling on behalf of John McCain to tell you that at 1:28 PM today, the independent news agency Reuters reported that Cuban Dictator Fidel Castro, endorsed Democrat Barack Obama as QUOTE "more intelligent AND CULTURED" than John McCain, the same as Huge Chavez, Daniel Ortega and Eva Morales. The Castro brothers prefer Barack Obama."

The call continues, "Donít give Castro what he wants. Get to the polls now to vote for John McCain and stop Cuban-like policies in America. There are still a few hours left to vote today for John McCain. This call was paid for by McCain-Palin 2008."

Script translated to English:

"This just in! Iím calling on behalf of John McCain to tell you that at 1:28 PM today, the independent news agency Reuters reported that Cuban Dictator Fidel Castro, endorsed Democrat Barack Obama as QUOTE "more intelligent AND CULTURED" than John McCain, the same as Huge Chavez, Daniel Ortega and Eva Morales. The Castro brothers prefer Barack Obama. Donít give Castro what he wants. Get to the polls now to vote for John McCain and stop Cuban-like policies in America. There are still a few hours left to vote today for John McCain. This call was paid for by McCain-Palin 2008."http://blogs.abcnews.com/politicalradar/2008/11/mccain-camp-and.html
    Incredible. Even to the last second McGrumpy will lie and cheat in an attempt to win. What a character-free dickhead.
    'Those who sacrifice liberty for security deserve neither.' Ben Franklin

"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying the cross."
    --Sinclair Lewis

Hit By Ban Bus!

There are no words.

Dude I saw this shit today!!! Thought I had already been drinking and hadn't been! WTF??

Friend of Gossip Rocks! buttmunch's Avatar

It's the final straw for me. NO redemption for this dickhead.
    'Those who sacrifice liberty for security deserve neither.' Ben Franklin

"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying the cross."
    --Sinclair Lewis

Desperation is such a stinky cologne... Johnboy reeks of it.
    (276): Michelle Duggar likes to fuuuuck
    OK, I can't sing, I can't act, I'm dumb, I'm a hillbilly, but I can twerk, so whatever.-Miley Cyrus

Thread Information